Omni and sprinting/running

JaddaJadda Posts: 7
edited August 2013 in Motion Controllers
I bet this has been thought of but I want to make sure. Using the Omni while walking seems fine abd with a natural feel to it. But for some reason I cant imagine how it feeling natural while running/sprinting. It doesnt feel like running and walking are using the same leg movements, would that cause problems if you plan on running for a longer session with the Omni because of how it is manufactured? I really hope it gets optimized for both running and walking

Comments

• @Jadda

From what i have seen of the omni in all the videos i have watched it would appear that the walking and running are not that different. After you get used to it i would imagine it wouldn't be that hard to run on it the same way you walk. But i have seen Jan running on it just fine. But he has been using it for a lot longer time than anyone. But naturally the way it is made then the walking and running will be different and will take getting used to.
    “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one”

― Bruce Lee
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,011
    Not seen Jan walk on it that much. He runs practically the whole time. If he weren't doing this I think he could have had a great career in athletics :lol:

In all seriousness though, I think the concave shape of the base helps simulate a natural gait whatever speed you're going at.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • ZashZash Posts: 9
    Hi Folks,

I asked the Omni Crew via mail and this is their response:

"The Omni actually is being tracked as a joystick input rather than keyboard strokes mentioned in our previous tracking method. Therefore, when you start to run in the Omni, your speed increases to the faster speed set in the game. You may customize the speed to your preference".

Let me know if you have any more questions.

So it sounds promising to me.