Sixense STEM System

BankaiDylanBankaiDylan Posts: 40
edited April 2014 in Motion Controllers

I must say this is the best thing i have seen so far. This is very interesting. What does everyone else think about this system? Do you think this could be better then the integrated system for Omni or maybe they can each have there advantages? I would like to read what other people think. :geek:
“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one”

― Bruce Lee

Comments

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    Yes I was thrilled to see this too. Thanks for posting it Dylan. It's our first real glimpse of foot tracking in action and it's just what I imagined and hoped for. When people try this they're going to discover what they've been missing, and they'll be frustrated at not being able to walk with it - only do things like kicking a ball. The benefit of having an Omni will then become very apparent. Congratulations Sixense on this impressive advancement of your technology. I eagerly await the Kickstarter. I wouldn't worry about comparing one tracking with the other, the difference may prove to be only form factor, so for now let's wait for the big reveal, it can't be long now!
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • @sutekiB

I eagerly await the kickstarter as well. Plan on jumping into it as well. Of course i still need to order the Omni! XD

― Bruce Lee
  • SuprM4nSuprM4n Posts: 81
    I think that dance games can easily be greatly enhanced with this as well. It's not just about waving a Wii remote around (my girlfriend hates it when I beat her at just dance and I'm sitting down) or standing in front of the Kinect's cameras and hoping that it's tracking you. And with the Omni, you don't have to have a 200+ square foot living room to have enough space to move around (another issue I'm running into....).
    supermansig.png
    Props go to Plixity for the sig.
  • @SuprM4n

I hear you on that one man. Honestly i am just excited with the way things are going. Things are going to change. I can not wait!

― Bruce Lee