Shipping / Customs Question

Hello Virtuix Team!
Can't wait to get my omni and walk through my favourite games! I am however a bit worried that german customs might cause problems again. Can you tell me if I am even allowed to import the omni to germany and if I have to pay anything? I know that german customs is very strict when it comes to electronic devices, but I'm not really sure under which category this thing falls.

I just want to avoid that the thing will get sent back to you when it arrives here as that would double my shipping costs.
So if you have any information about the customs process I'd be glad to hear them!

Thanks
Benny

Comments

• Hi Benny!

Thanks for reaching out and for asking a great question.

We are working with international shipping providers that are experts in delivering within the EU. There will be no problem with customs accepting the Omni Package or any of its components. You will be responsible for the VAT payments. We are also working with the shipping providers to limit the VAT and duties as much as possible.

Let us know if you have any other questions,

Colton
  • Hi Colton,

thank you very much, that is good to hear! :smile:
  • terrenceterrence Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I'm in China,and i want to know which way you will use to ship the product, and wether the 499 USD $ include the shipping fee all around the world including China.
    If i order now when will you begin to ship my omni
    Thanks and please answer me the question to my email tongwenchen@hotmail.com
  • Sorry if I revive this thread... Does this mean the Omnis will be sent from WITHIN the EU? That would save us europeans a lot of headaches!
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,045
    Hi @jhondidfool. To be clear, Europe is not the point of origin - the Omni will be manufactured in China and sent by container to distribution hubs across the world. A lot of these hubs are in European cities, which makes it easier to pick up. There will be a survey nearer the time by which you can select your preferred delivery method. You can save by collecting from a depot or have it sent to your door. More detailed information can be found under the 'shipping' tab here: http://www.virtuix.com/frequently-asked-questions/
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • Thanks. :) I'll keep it in mind
  • i have pre-ordered the virtuix with shipment to italy Udine city, i wish to know abou the shipping costs from which country the goods was shipped, the real measurement and weight of the packing and if there are any customs duty between the origin country and italy.
    Thanks and regards
    Madbox store
    Hi @madbox, I'll try to answer some of these based on the FAQ, but more precise information will be available nearer to launch. The goods are shipping from China, and to your location delivery may cost between $175-225. Package dimensions expected to be 50" x 25" x 15" & 110lbs. Customs and VAT not included. The FAQ says you will need to add and verify these if applicable, but could be we'll get more clarification on this when we're asked to submit our delivery preferences. Hope that helps.
  • Many thanks for the information
  • Hi

I have order 2 unit from INDIA and want to resale can you give support as we can reach fast and have all facility for same ,

When you have plan to dispetch the products.

Can you make us reseller for india.

Thanks.

Arun desai
  • Hi

As we liked the product and I think I am first to receive OCULUS Dk2 in INDIA and same wayfor omni, do needfull
  • 4iller4iller Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Hello!
    I'm from Kazakhstan! I wonder if you can ship to KZ? Manufacturing plant is in china, right? So i guess there should not be any problems..
    I want to make pre-order and this bothers me.
    Could you please send me an e-mail to baur0223@mail.ru

Thanks in advance!
  • AlibekAlibek Posts: 3
    Hello everyone! I'm from Kazakhstan. I want to buy a full set of Virtuiks Omni. How can i do this? How many days will delivery to Kazakhstan, Karaganda city? Do you have any discounts when buying goods in bulk?
  • AlibekAlibek Posts: 3
    Thanks
    Hey @Alibek I just responded about delivery to Kazakhstan in another thread (not yet, but stay tuned for shipping announcements). As for bulk order discounts, there are none at this time, though combined shipping may be somewhat reduced.