Can I use the omni?

Hey, I noticed the maximum height for using the omni is 6'5. I am 6'7, is the maximum height flexible or will I not be able to use this product? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    Hi Luke, welcome to the forum. I'd recommend finding one to try first, to see if you're happy with the extent of your stride the platform allows you, given you're outside of the height range the Omni is optimised for.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • Thanks sutekiB, I will try and find one, but it might be difficult in the UK as the nearest tech demo show is the gadget show live in Birmingham. I will have to do some digging. Living in rural North Wales can be a pain sometimes lol.
    No problem Luke, I know what it's like - I grew up in the rural South West myself. Speaking of The Gadget Show, did you see the episode where they tested the Omni? I was on set during filming, it was pretty rad!
  • I haven't been keeping up with the gadget show lately, I'll have to go hunt the episode down on youtube. VR and AR have to be two of the most stunning areas of development in technology. That must have been brilliant.
    It was a while back, when it still used the Kinect for tracking. I don't think it's on YouTube, so here's the link: http://t.co/ToXagythuV

Jason took to it really quickly. Oh yes it was a fun day out; got to meet Rachel Riley as well!

<3

I agree. So many people unaware how much VR/AR is going to change their lives. Nearly there!
  • Any luck with testing it yet ?
    sadly i am 6,6 >< and slightly to tall and was wondering the same thing myself
    @darkmagicol: Welcome to the forum. You're only just over the 6'5" limit. I can only speak from my experience of using it when it was set a little low for my height - I didn't find that it impacted on my experience - You rely less on the support after some practice. I'd still recommend giving it a 'trial run' if you get the chance (there'll be more opportunities for this once Omnis are in the wild).