Team Fortress 2

So i hear that TF2 is going to be Omni-supported? Would be cool if you can combine it with an Oculus and actually feel like you're rocket jumping.

Comments

• JorgenJorgen Posts: 108
    Any game using the keybord to move around is omni-suported.

The only question is to know if it is addapted to head-mounted displays.
    In the case of TF2, I think it is.
  • WolvenworksWolvenworks Posts: 93
    edited January 2015
    TF2, as far as I'm concerned, has been VR'd preety soon after Oculus became popular so guess that's a yeah !

(damn i can't even afford the Oculus)

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,045
    TF2 is great fun on the Omni, as is Half Life 2 which also has native Oculus Rift support on steam.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • But how the hell do I find one of those gun-controllers-thingy? closest thing I've seen so far is one of those frames for the PS Move or Wii...or the arcade.

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,045
    They use the Cabela Top Shot Elite. It's fairly common but if it's not available in your area I'd look for another PC-compatible Bluetooth controller.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • 80 bucks? ouch.

No I don't think there is any gun-shaped PC-compatible Bluetooth controller in Indonesia. Unless Amazon, or I look really hard in some obscure store that I don't know.

yep. still screwed. man if only i have one of these, i might slim down to my old skinny figure...fit into my old shirts again XD

• JorgenJorgen Posts: 108
    VR is just reaching the consumer market: you can't expect it to be a really affordable thing for few years.
    A full VR system would cost at least 1000 $ to build up...
    And that is already a great improvement... good quality HMDs still cost thousands of dollars few years ago.
  • Ppl seem to forget VirtualBoy. You have to give Nintendo credit for practically inventing VR headsets =D