Oculus Rift - Consumer version

JorgenJorgen Posts: 108
In case you didn't hear the news...
The Oculus Rift consumer version is announced for Around April 2016:
https://www.oculus.com/blog/first-look-at-the-rift-shipping-q1-2016/
So ... yes ... in one year... >,<

Meaning that if we want to use the Omni as soon as it arrives, another option have to be considered..
Should we buy a DK2, already outdated ?
Will the Vive be out in 2015 as announced ?
Your opinion ?

Comments

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    @Jorgen Yeah, I'm looking forward to learning more of the details!

Q1 could also be January though, right?

I heard that HTC wanted to release earlier than 'Holiday 2015', so it sounds like they're confident it'll be out this year.

I have the DK2, so I'll be using that until I get the Vive. If I have any money left when the Rift comes out I'll get that too.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • JorgenJorgen Posts: 108
    @sutekiB I think I saw that someone from Oculus mentioned of April somewhere...
    But it was perhaps a "latest possible" estimation...
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    I still might get a DK2 presuming they're still on sale when I get my Omni delivery date notification. There is no way i'm going to let the Omni sit there looking all sexy and not be able to use it.
  • giroudfgiroudf Posts: 127
    there will be very little difference between DK2 and CV1. If you can skip on the enhanced resolution, get the DK2. If you want a product you can build on, wait CV1
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    What? There are huge differences between DK2 and CV1, everything from Resolution, pixel pitch, ergonomics, optics, integrated speakers, integrated microphone and tracking, and thats just what we know about. Hell they have even said tracking of CV1 will be better than even Crescent Bay, nevermind DK2.

They have also stated that anything developed for the DK2 will work with CV1, that's kind of the point of a development kit.

I am not a game developer, im just impatient :)