Cyberith's Virtualizer is DOA

What are they thinking?

Comments

• xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    edited August 2015
    I normally try not to make comments or support comments like "CYBERITH'S VIRTUALIZER IS DOA". However i think i will make an exception this time. I think they are absolutely insane offering it at that price point. I think the Omni at 699$ is pushing the upper limit most people are willing to pay for something like this. 1249$ is approaching most people's entire VR budget. You could buy a very nice gaming PC including a GTX980 for 1200$ !

I understand a higher price for a commercial products, more heavy duty construction, comes with replacement parts, better service level agreements. But 6K seems a bit on the steep side. Hell you could buy 4 consumer versions put 3 aside for backups and still save 1000$ over a single commercial version.
  • StigzyStigzy Posts: 25
    edited August 2015
    When i saw the Omni at first i was just in love with it. Then the virtualiser came out and i was thinking maybe that was the real way to go. But after thinking it over and over, i came to the conclusion that Omni is the best choice indeed. For the first you can run at full tempo at Omni, which is a deal breaker for me. I want to do real workout when playing. Wearing shoes is no brainer for me. And when i saw the price of the virtualiser, i just startet to laugh really. Then i understood big time that Omni is really the way to go.

But i really can't understand why the virtualised is so much more expensive then Omni. Is Virtuix really pushing the limits with selling it so "low" compared to Vurtualizer, or do virtualizer just want to make a lot of money on each sale. For that price, no ordinary family can afford it. Because one have to get oculus rift and a good computer also. And maby some new controllers? So Omni is the one and only way to go for me. Just have to bear with the wait for now. Sadly i didn't order it through kickstarter and have to wait longer then those who did. There has just been to many backed projects that have failed and i´ve gotten nothing from my pledges. So now i just wait to see if they deliver and then i buy :)
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    Cyberith's production costs are higher as they're manufacturing in Europe as opposed to China, but I don't know why their commercial version is so much more expensive. I wish them well, and hope they can find a way to bring the unit price down.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
    Dont get me wrong its not that i want Cyberith to fail. I think there is plenty of space in the VR market for multiple ODT's and good competition benefits everyone.

I can also get behind wanting to manufacture things locally. If there is a reasonably priced local option I try to buy that. However for many things it's just not realistic to manufacture it locally, well unless you live in china :p
    Of course competition is just good for us customers :) If they manyfacture in Europe, i can see why it cost so much. But the Omni is now priced without shipping, so guess the shipping cost some $$$$ also. And dont forget the Norwegian TAX thats 25% of the whole order, and also the fee for doing the TAX in Norway. Man we are getting ripped....
    Damn 25%, thats crazy. That's an import tax?
    Well.. We pay 25% TAX on everything here in Norway. So when we buy things from outside Norway and its above 50USD, we have to pay 25% TAX on the whole amount :-/.
    wow I thought 8% was bad.
    Wow... youre lucky! But i get the TAX back because its my company thats buying the Omni :smile: So its not the worst part for me though. But regular people its sad for.