Shoe question - Width and Instep

I "won" the life lottery and ended up with feet that are both wide and with high insteps. The first one is normal, wide feet are wide feet. The second one, high instep, is pretty rare...but it can be a serious problem when it comes to footwear. It simply means that the central area of the foot, from bottom to top, is higher than with most people. It's not related to arches in any way -- folks with high arches and flat feet alike can have a high instep.

Because of the instep problem, there are some shoes I can't wear without serious pain, since it's akin to an adult trying to force a child's helmet onto their head. Rigid dress shoes and Vibram FiveFingers' rigid mesh are two examples of shoes that have given me problems. Boots also tend to cause grief due to rigidity. Sneakers tend to take months to truly break in. (and wear faster as a result of said breaking in) Bowling shoes the same.

So anyway, the question regarding your shoes -- are the tops flexible enough to be bearable for us few high instepped folks? (the pictures aren't promising, I have to admit)
And what about wide feet? It doesn't seem to be listed at all.

Comments

• Hi @sarysa The Virtuix Omni shoes are more flexible than normal sneakers, that's how a size ten Omni shoe can accommodate a size 9 or size 11 foot size. So it's definitely possible that the shoe will work for you.
  • Fan47Fan47 Posts: 16
    Hello,

Is this still accurate? That size 10 Omni shoes accommodate a range of (around) 9-11 and include wide feet?

Thank you.
  • lipploglipplog Posts: 24
    edited May 9
    Fan47 said:

Hello,

Is this still accurate? That size 10 Omni shoes accommodate a range of (around) 9-11 and include wide feet?

Thank you.

For me the Omni shoes are 2 to 3 sizes larger than my regular shoes. My normal size is 9.5, but I figured my arch supports would make up the difference. But the Omni size 10 turned out to be way too big, So I ordered the Omni size 9, and they were STILL too big..So I'm down to the Omni size 8, and even they could be a bit tighter at the heels, even with my arch support inserts. So I'm a 9 1/2 in my regular shoes, and an 8 or possibly even a 7 in the Omni shoes.

going I learned w
  • jgwinnerjgwinner Posts: 31
    I have a very narrow foot, and the size 10's are OK (I'm really an 11 or so, but frequently have to wear a 10 IF THE TOE FITS to get the width right.

Then again, I do CRANK it down pretty hard, so I wouldn't say they are more narrow than normal.

== John ==