Thinking of getting a refund to afford the Oculus Rift.

MJBF20MJBF20 Posts: 3
I need more money in order for me to be able to afford the Rift. As of now the best way for me to get the extra money would be to refund my Omni but I'm not sure if I should do this since I already have DK1. I'm really unsure about this I mean on one hand I'm dying to play VR games using a consumer headset while on the other hand I really want to be able to move in VR and since I already have DK1 with the Omni going to be shipped soon... I don't know does anyone have suggestions?

Comments

• StigzyStigzy Posts: 25
    Why not just ave up more money? The rift wont ship untill late mars or if you ordered late out in june. Gives you from 4 to 6 months of saving. Thinking you would regret it if you canceled youre order :)
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    If you pre ordered it before the price went up you would be crazy to cancel it. If you pre orderd it after, well then i guess it really does not mater you can always order it again and not see any financial loss.
  • MJBF20MJBF20 Posts: 3
    I forgot to mention that. Yeah I pre-ordered before the price went up. The thing is I'll probably still get the Omni at some point I just have to save up more money. Though I think I could wait on the Omni since by the time it gets to me the weather would already be warmer out and the biggest appeal of the Omni for me (other than moving in VR games) is that I could take walks inside while it's freezing out in the winter.
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Personally I would keep the pre-order and get a part time job doing something to get the scratch I needed or even just wait a little longer until you can afford it.. Because in the long run I will have actually saved a few hundred bucks.

So I guess it all depends on whether or not the few hundred dollars is worth not having to wait as long for the HMD.
  • TomekTomek Posts: 76
    Makes no sense. If you cancel your cheap pre-order, that's $200 lost taht you'll need to save in the future. Just pre-order now (current pre-orders ship in June). You'll be able to save up enough money by then. Even borow a $100 or so from your friends to make up teh difference. They'll love trying it.