Here's a game that jives nicely with the omni

You might want to mute the sound, for some reason i found his voice a bit annoying.

Comments

• Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 477
    Very interesting video. Development seems to be at the concept stage but if it were to be combined with this other wizard game then it might really be something special for VR.
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Holly **** @blazespinnaker the audio in general was grating on my soul. Just horrible. In general the entire thing was a bit rough. But if you can get passed all that i think this has incredible potential. You could take it beyond simple gesture A equals spell A to something more complicated where a gesture not only activates a spell but depending on accurately you do it depends on how powerful it is or even slowing down or pausing at different parts of a gesture could alter its behavior! You could even potentially chain multiple gestures together like an ice spell to freeze a MOB and then move right into a fire spell which amplifies its affect. The possibilities are staggering.
  • blazespinnakerblazespinnaker Posts: 235
    edited January 2016
    Yeah, I really like the idea of having your hands free to do other things while you use the omni to move around. I think it'd be cool to be able to cast different types of spells with just some kind of hand or wand gesture. So you don't actually have to switch between spells or hit some kind of hotkey.
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    Yes, I love the idea of hands-free VR too. Of course, the Omni becomes even more essential in that case, since you then don't have an analogue stick to move your character around.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • Yeah, @sutekiB I think that's exactly it. It will be a theme I think we'll see in a lot of Omni games. Full body interaction - both hands and feet. I just don't see how you can play these types of games safely without the Omni.