VR Rack and Boom Added to Virtuix Store

As the eagle-eyed may have noticed, Virtuix's VR Boom (shown recently at CES) has joined the newly redesigned VR Rack on the product page, and can be ordered for $79.

VR Boom

The Virtuix VR Boom is a standalone accessory that manages your HMD cable during your VR experience. The Boom has the following features:

• An HMD cable retractor mechanism to ensure you get just the right amount of cable slack as you run, jump, and turn
• A hook to hang your HMD on before and after VR sessions
• Cable clips to guide your HMD cable alongside the shaft of the Boom
• A mounting plate to attach your VR Cable extension box
• A sturdy octagonal base that matches your Omni and provides stability
• Adjustable height

The VR Rack is also $79 and includes:

• A flat section and two deeper trays to hold accessories including a gamepad, keyboard and mouse, your cell phone, wallet or keys, and even a water bottle
• Versatile weapon holders to store a rifle, pistol, HTC Vive or Oculus Touch hand controller, or other weapons and game controllers of choice
• Two hooks to hang your HMD and headphones on after use
• An anti-slip surface and surrounding lip to prevent items from falling off during use
• Several openings for convenient cable management

VR Rack

As well as being extremely useful for hardcore VR gamers, having the complete matching set is going to look pretty bad-ass.

What do you think guys? :)
Community Manager at Virtuix

Comments

• StigzyStigzy Posts: 25
    So now i am wondering. Will my order be shipping later if i order the boom now? Dont want it any later than it allready is :)
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,057
    @Stigzy Don't worry, it wouldn't delay shipment of your Omni package.
  • Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 430
    These two are definitely on my radar but I want to first see what my experience with the Omni is going to be before dropping $160 for them. I completely agree about their usefulness and good appearance (especially the rack; never seen anything quite like it before) -- The decision to make the rack a standalone instead of an attachment to the beam is, I think, the right one considering it might have obstructed leg movement.

@sutekiB. In several photos (including the one below) the Omni is on top of what appears to be a mat with two Omni-like shoe outlines printed on the comer and its purpose is seemingly to provide a stable base for the Omni on hard surfaces. You wouldn't be able to confirm anything about an official Omni mat would you?
    No @Sponge101, I couldn't confirm anything, other than you are not hallucinating :)
  • gleamingsandsgleamingsands Posts: 286
    edited January 2016
    I remember predicting an issue with the original design of the rack awhile ago, I guess something had been in the works even then.
    http://forum.virtuix.com/discussion/2511/is-the-omni-rack-something-well-need
  • StigzyStigzy Posts: 25
    So, i did order the rack when i ordered the omni last year. Now i also went for the boom and 1 more spare shoes :) Guessing i will use the omni a lot, so gonna probably use those shoes up.
  • The boom would be good for anyone purchasing a Vive, regardless of the Omni.
  • I made a gif showing the items you can store on the VR Rack.

We've got a keyboard, mouse, car keys, Vive HMD, headphones, Vive controllers, gun controller, Xbox 360 controller, and, of course, a Mountain Dew. After all that, there was still room for more items!

I'm not gonna lie--I'm really tempted to buy the rack after seeing that gif. Wonder if the Touch will fit in that headphones station... It's neat that that hole for the soda is deep enough to collect any dripping condensation water; I drink a lot of MD (diet, of course) as well so I like that feature :) I'll probably mod it as well so that either the surface would hold more stuff or maybe I'll add a secondary station in the mid vertical pole of the rack.

• I got a Rack! I think it will be extremely useful, Omni or not. I didn't get a boom as I just put a hook in the ceiling.
    @KellCam_Virtuix, where else would you put your Mountain Dew? :D
    It doesn't look like the rack or boom bases have wheels for easy movement--when I get mine I'll either add wheels to the base or some low-friction carpet sliders to make doing relocation easier.
  • flamaestflamaest Posts: 72
    The boom price is actually quite reasonable. I have not found a similar boom for under 100 bucks on amazon.
  • AscensiAscensi Posts: 118
    If we bought anything else on the store except the omni and shoes right now would they ship or would we have to wait for the time omnis are being shipped as well?
  • TomekTomek Posts: 76
    @Ascensi I would hope they ship with the Omni. I don't want to pay for shipping 3 times.
  • AscensiAscensi Posts: 118
    @Tomek I would hope they could ship other things like the boom because I could use it right away. Shipping costs will likely be increased with multiple items other than an omni package due to additional weight - I wouldn't expect shipping freebies so easily. Sometimes there is no brokerage fees on less expensive items but if you add them to a bigger package they will make you pay more.
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 308
    edited May 2016
    @Tomek @Ascensi - When I had my Pathfinder Omni shipped to me, they also shipped the Omni Boom that they wanted tested along with it. The Omni was in a giant box, and the Boom was in a smaller box on top of the main Omni box, and everything was all strapped in as a single package. The Box with the boom was about half the width of the main omni box, so I doubt the rack would be much larger, both should be able to be stacked on top of the omni and strapped in as a single package regardless of if you get all 3.
    Since the production models aren't ready to ship yet, I doubt the omni boom/rack will be sent out any earlier. Just send Virtuix an email after ordering and they should make sure everything gets combined into a single shipment when things are finally ready.

@Sponge101 - Frankly, the whole point is that they don't move. I can say that for the Omni Boom in particular, the base is heavy, but it's not so bad as to make it difficult to move around for basic repositioning. From the image, the Omni Rack has the same weighted base. So neither should be hard to move around to where you need.
  • MAYAmanMAYAman Posts: 55
    Ordering the rack now, looks bad a$$
  • EVOLEVOL Posts: 36
    The rack is my favorite thing about the OMNI. Ill use it long after the OMNI is obsolete.