Skiing and Snowboarding as an omni game

I was thinking today this might be something you could do on the Omni because it's slippery, where as you couldn't do otherwise in a stand up environment.

My thoughts are that Skiing would probably work best because of the leg and body movements you make seem like they'd track better. You could have ski polls as well to keep your hands busy.

Comments

• Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 430
    Sounds great to me. Sitting in the Omni will feel like sitting in the ski lift as well; the Touch or Vive controllers could be the polls. I wonder if Virtuix has experimented with this game concept yet.
  • @Sponge101 Ok but no simulating chair lift lineups :D
  • Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 430
    This might be a stupid idea but I've noticed a lot of people are using Go-Pro for not only skiing but for other sports as well (surfing, running, biking, etc.). What about a VR sport game where it simulates the experience of a camera on your head while you are doing those sports? So afterwards when you're done playing the actual sport itself you can watch a GO-Pro-type video of you doing those events. The difference between this and the typical video game replay is the presentation/view is from a First-person perspective and it's actually you who is doing it. Just a wild idea.
  • blazespinnakerblazespinnaker Posts: 233
    edited February 2016
    @Sponge101 Surfing is really interesting as well, Thanks for mentioning it. The great thing about the Virtuix is that I suspect you could probably just shift your weight to turn or at the very least make small foot movements. And you're standing up at the same time so you get to have that experience. Parachuting and para-sailing might be possible as well, given the harness.