144 Calories?! That's All?!

Am I the only one who thought it was a lot more?

omni.png 339.4K

Comments

• It's probably not very accurate, considering there is the added strain of working against the omni harness.
  • This was a new run done by me, and yes, I'm out of shape and did not go fast! Went about 3mph the whole time.
  • blazespinnakerblazespinnaker Posts: 235
    edited February 2016
    You’ll burn one calorie for every 20 steps you burn, indicates the website of Shape Up America! So, maybe more around 175 Was it 3500 steps to cross the wasteland? I didn't catch that.
  • @KellCam_Virtuix. Having fun and feeling immersed I think is the most important factors for exercise. I recently came to that conclusion when I realized I exercise more with video games than regular exercise program that I was trying prior.

• KellCam_VirtuixKellCam_Virtuix Posts: 210
    edited February 2016
    @blazespinnaker What does Shape Up America know anyway!? :p I think the equation for calorie burn is also affected by age, height, and weight. All of which you enter when you create an Omni Connect profile.

@Sponge101 This is definitely true. I had a lot of fun, even though I was out of breath by the end. Being chased by enemies was a good motivator to keep moving!
  • @KellCam_Virtuix Yeah, ballpark looks good though. Btw, was it 3500 steps to cross the wasteland?
  • well you're not working against as much resistance. also speed matters. he didnt jog across the wasteland. he walked. walking doesn't burn that manyu calories unless you weigh a lot.
  • I'm 240 but pretty muscular so we'll see how I fare in the wasteland. I do plan on wearing a smartwatch with a fitness tracker on it so I can compare its numbers with the Omni. The results should be interesting.