SutekiB's Omni Experience Videos

Comments

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    @Sponge101 Thanks, I'm hoping I won't have any problems from loss of sensitive data (I was able to get my phone back eventually - it's a long story), although I really should have put a lock on my phone, that would have helped.
    @gleamingsands Thanks for the tips! The challenge here is that I'm rotating so I won't always be speaking directly into a static mic, which is why I opted to use a Logitech headset. The audio is okay, and I might be able to clean it up a bit more in audacity.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • @sutekiB Your comment actually got me thinking, open voice in that format might actually pose an issue. The main problem is as you said, that when not facing the mic, it can affect the volume levels of the recording. I did a test and while the result was only slightly different when facing away from the mic as opposed to facing the mic, it was something that seemed to pose a quality issue when you're talking about creating hq content. The solution I'm going to attempt will be to suspend the mic over the Omni, over my head. I believe that by doing this I'll be able to equalize the volume levels and still achieve pristine audio capture. Fortunately there are a number of ways to achieve this without encumbering myself(or any other user.) My plan is to use a plant hook and suspend the cord against it, allowing the mic to dangle, although I might try something more sophisticated, such as a desk boom attached to a plank for added adjust-ability.
  • coznefxcoznefx Posts: 3
    @sutekiB It's not going to matter in a month, both the Vive and CV1 have built in mics. For the short term, just run your audio file in WAV format through Levelator 2 (it's free) that's what I run my podcast through, never have to worry about different volume levels.
  • @coznefx I was not aware of this, I hope the quality on the CV1 lives up to my $630.00. Still yet, we may all find we prefer other audio sources.
  • coznefxcoznefx Posts: 3
    @gleamingsands we had Jon Hibbins from Psytec Games on Gunters Universe last month and he was using the mic on an Oculus EVT (not sure which version), and it sounded fine to me when we were live. Of course a pro mic will sound better, but in my opinion it's not enough of a quality increase to make it worth the hassle of moving it back and forth from my desk to another boom every time I want to record an Omni video.
    Hey guys, I'm sorry it's been a while. I have a new video for you - GTA V! I could honestly just play this for the next few months, but I want to show some other games too. It's a wonderful feeling, being able to walk around such a detailed virtual city. Next up will be Fallout 4!

• gleamingsandsgleamingsands Posts: 306
    edited March 2016
    At 12:10 You start talking about sound glitches and one just pops up. Spooky Skeletons man.
  • Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 477
    @sutekiB. Love the acting sequence in the beginning--One word: Oscar! Tho what was the point of robbing $605 when you HAD $495,000+ and ending up paying $5,000 at the hospital?! You would have been better off robbing the hospital instead :D Don't know how it works in the U.K. but in the U.S. after committing a felony one should run AWAY from the cops, not towards them ;)

I completely agree about the point you made about vacationing. Many people don't want to deal with all the problems associated with traveling and would much prefer doing it in VR with the Omni in the convenience of their home--I'm one of them.

I enjoyed the concept of this video as being just a walking experince around the city and enjoying the sound and sight instead of just shooting everybody. Great job. BTW, ending at "Dutch London St.," coincidence?
  • Thank you thank you for your videos , they really help us to understand the level of immersion that seems to take place using the Omni. Just from me personally I appreciate all the effort it takes and that you're willing to make just to show us this, great video by the way you make the wait very hard indeed lol
  • Question, after extended use does it feel more natural and would you be able to go back to sitting and playing?
    @Sponge101 Yeah the money kinda ruined the context (that was from pre-ordering it ages ago, though I'm only starting to play it now I have my Omni, haha). In fact I was hoping the cops would shoot me, otherwise I'd have no excuse NOT to go into the gentlemen's club. Couldn't put that on YouTube!

Glad you liked the video. I'm not much of an actor, but I did find myself getting into the role - maybe VR makes it easier? An actor has to block out the cameras, film crew, audience etc, whereas in VR you're in a convincing environment. Maybe there's some application for would be actors here too?

Yeah, that's a coincidence, didn't notice the street. Also, did you see the message that appeared as I was getting tired at the end?

"You have run out of stamina. Pushing your body any harder will cause you to lose health" - Very apropos! :)

@Nossforra2 Thanks for watching! I enjoy making them. Yes, absolutely; as you get more practiced it becomes easier and feels more natural. Also the longer your session is the more immersed you become in my experience. It can be deeply psychological, even with the relatively low resolution of the headset (can't wait for that to go up, as it will!). In that video, I had a moment of strong presence when I got on the train. And no, I can't go willingly back to sitting to play first person games - that's dead to me now! I would however continue to play great top-down games like FTL and Papers Please, and retro games.
  • You should splice cut the first scene on that video and make a separate one. It'll go viral. Man, I couldn't stop laughing. That was brilliant.
  • KijutsuKijutsu Posts: 85
    Hah! I'd share that first part for sure!
    @sutekiB. Where's the BioShock Infinite vid , man? I demand the BioShock vid link! :D
    @Sponge101 you mean this one? B)

@sutekiB. Did I say Bioshock?... Silly me. I meant to say Fallout 4 :*
    Oh, well that's quite alright @Sponge101, because today I happened to upload BOTH OF THEM! ;)

Enjoy, guys! :)
    Well played, Sir. Well played...

Seriously though, it's funny you specifically chose Bioshock Infinite because it's the only game I chose not to play first in VR with the Omni. The reason is I had to decide between two experience: Infinite in VR with Omni or with positionaly tracked gun with the Move on PS3. I chose the gun but I'll probably try infinite in VR later on--after Fallout of course. I just started the game but had to postpone because of school but I still remember climbing that dark light house and firmly grasping my gun and checking for anyone there--that dead guy in the chair was spooky as hell >:)

As for Fallout glad to hear keyboard mode in being improved. The great thing about the Fallout series is the mod community so I'm sure someone will release a mod to compensate for the lack of analog control. I know a lot of work is happening behind the scene with the beta to make the Omni experience better and I'm looking forward to reading your recommendation in the tutorial. On a related note, Vorpx will soon allow user created profile so that should prove helpful.
    @Sponge101 I meant to show it from the beginning, including the lighthouse and the rocket launch, but I hit continue by mistake. Infinite is one pretty game in VR!

Okay this is going to be the last Omni experience video for a while I'm afraid; I have some serious user-guides and tutorials to work on :(

Don't worry though, I will return!
    As always, really appreciate the vids.
    Most of the games I'll be playing with the Omni is going to be with keyboard mode and some gamepad mode so it's great to hear the software guys refining the tech. Great job.
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Nice job @sutekiB good luck with the documentation. I hate making that ****, but it is vital.
  • @sutekiB Who is supplying you with sound effects?
    @gleamingsands Hmm? What sound effects?
  • For your sweet tutorials man. Gotta have sweet sound effects and transitions.
    @gleamingsands Ah! You're right, they could do with some of those. I tried making my own once, and the result was.... let's just say I'm not musical. I'm open to suggestions!
  • gleamingsandsgleamingsands Posts: 306
    edited April 2016
    https://soundcloud.com/frazier-lee-gaines-iii/sets/its-a-play-list-charlie-brown

Here are some tracks I haven't used yet for anything, some basic, unpolished material I'll be using at some point. If you give me a time line I might be able to do some stuff for you, just depends on what you want. Most of this stuff just pops out and I roll with it.

Keep in mind it's all configured to be played on a loop because it's easier to work with it in a video program like that, so stuff will just abruptly end.
    @gleamingsands Dude, those are cool! Are they all reserved for other projects? I like 'Lol', and 'Rob EQ'; I think they could be worked into a nice intro/outro. I also like 'Starchild' - would make perfect BGM for the Quake/Doom speedruns I want to do. 'Visualize The Mountain' is also awesome; that one has a real open-world vibe about it; would go great with any tranquil/desolate/ethereal landscapes I find myself in. FYI it's probably going to be at least a week before I make another Omni experience video. PM me if you think you'd be able to hook me up with some sound effects. Thanks! :)
  • Looking forward to your next video man. ;)