SutekiB's Omni Experience Videos

124»

Comments

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    @KellCam_Virtuix I'm rendering a new Minecraft video now! It won't be as fancy - chroma keying takes a long time because I don't have studio lighting, so I'm skipping it. It's not a long video, or very exciting, but you will see me get scared! I will also demonstrate how to change the character speed - there was a bit too much stopping latency in the first video, and that was because the character speed was almost double what it should have been, and also the game is adding latency through 'inertia'. I actually hadn't turned off inertia until after the camera stopped recording on this next video, but it still looks and feels much better. It'll be up in an hour or so.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
    Okay it's up. I am having more and more fun in Minecraft. It's addictive!

• @sutekiB I just realized I've been completely leaving you hanging man. All those wonderful mentions in your videos and only one measly mention on my part a month ago. Took my girlfriend mentioning it, she said "you're a dick." Well no more, you shall receive the accolades you deserve! Well, maybe not vocally in the next video, but you'll be there. At the end. With the previews. And maybe I'll feature you as one of my next "Know a Youtuber" features. All that being said, go to the end, fight the dragon. Build a castle. Jump off the side of said castle, describe what you feel. I know I feel a very strange sense of disconnect when I'm threatened by the visual sight of falling coupled with no other congruent feedback.
  • Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 477
    The big vote is today, so I think he's a little preoccupied.
  • gleamingsandsgleamingsands Posts: 306
    edited June 2016
    I stayed up to find out the results. Brexit is happening, will of the people.
    @gleamingsands - don't worry about it! You're being far more prolific than me, so if I got a mention in all your videos that would be unbalanced. Well, it'll be a while before I build a castle, but in the next video you shall see me go up against one of mankind's oldest enemies - rain. The virtual kind. See how I cope with this familiar yet unfamiliar foe.

Yes, I am stunned by Brexit. Not the result I was expecting. Of course, the point of the E.U was a united Europe whose peoples would nevermore war against each other, among other things. Personally, I don't see the necessity of binding ourselves to each other in politics, law, and trade to accomplish this. No civilized man should harm another, even if we are divided by class, nation, race, religion, politics, or pacts. That ought to be common sense. Unfortunately, too often have sociopaths risen to power and committed atrocities while others stood idly by and said 'not my problem'. But enough of politics, I'll get back to editing my next video. Meanwhile, I shall leave you with an image of our next Prime Minister:

• xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    edited June 2016
    Your next prime minister is going to be Gary Busey?!?
    I picked myself up from the floor after Brexit and played some more Minecraft!

• gleamingsandsgleamingsands Posts: 306
    edited June 2016
    You will burn for your non-vanilla heresy. Sounds Suteki? SOUNDS?!
    RAGEEEEE
  • @sutekiB Don't listen to @gleamingsands! You make that Vivecraft your own! :p

As for me, I play Minecraft with the Natural texture pack, because I like to be one with nature... while playing a video game in my living room.
  • HSSSSS~~~~

I also advocate against Gary's Mod for its heretical ideas.
  • THET1KTHET1K Posts: 17
    @sutekiB You sold me on minecraft lol. I finally bought it and think it will compliment all the horror gaming I've been doing lately. Happy gaming and thanks again for the great videos. Now I'm off to tweak the heck out of it for vr :smiley:.
    More Minecraft!

edited July 2016
    I'm jealous. so, so, jealous... The wait... the pain.... :(
    Stay strong @Sponge101 !!! soon the pain will be gone and replaced with labored breathing and sweat!
    I pay it gladly.
    In honour of Star Wars Celebration Weekend, here's my latest video - Star Wars in VR with the Virtuix Omni. May the force be with you! :smiley:

Jealous x 2--I don't even like Star Wars that much... Not gonna lie, that light saber part looked awkward as hell.
  • CidpliskitCidpliskit Posts: 20
    good god that looks fun. I cant wait
    It is the most fun I've had in VR. Becoming a Jedi... what more could you ask for? The music is awesome and makes you feel you're the hero with the way it responds to what you're doing like in the movies. This is the future of entertainment - why sit down and watch someone else having an adventure, when you could have one yourself?
    edited July 2016
    Immersion = fun?... Been thinking about that and I realized I'm seeking immersion more so than fun. Fun I can get from all sort of video games and genres but immersion is proving to be the real goal. Strangely, It's Pokemon Go that proving that: people have been playing Pokemon for decades but suddenly when they see a glimpse of that world via a tiny screen in the real world they feel more immersed. The social thing is also important but at the core of it is immersion I think.
    They are two different things, but inter-related. I was having fun because the games are so good, but also because I was immersed. Had I not been immersed, I wouldn't have enjoyed myself as much. Immersion means you don't have to use your imagination. Not that I don't have an active imagination, but I find it hard now to apply it to games because my mind tends to contemplate other matters.
    edited July 2016
    Then immersion is an amplifier of fun--in certain situation. I caveat that because to the point about active imagination, is it because of our over-experience that has diluted the amount of fun we experience? Playing an old, favorite game today would yield a lot of fun initially, but then it will get repetitive and boring fast compared to playing a newer game. However, a game is still a game--the principles of gaming instilled in all gamers since childhood (gamepad, keyboard, mouse, platformers, FPS, multiplayer, singleplayer, infinite continue, sound, plot, etc.) all of this is known and it, I would argue, inhibit fun and immersion--the experience can be predicted and extrapolated in our minds. Rarely is there a new commodity in gaming that can fundamentally change our perception of fun and immersion--Enter the Omni + VR.

Anyways, just me rambling... Don't grow up kids; experience comes with a cost.
    Aaaand... I'm back.

Two in as many days! Weren't expecting that were you?

edited November 2016
    Good stuff man keep it up.
    I like the new split screen. The green-screen overlay was too disorienting for me.