How I Got In Shape To Get Ready For the Omni

langknowlangknow Posts: 9
Hi guys,

I preordered my omni in January, while the price was still 450 I believe, so I got a pretty good deal. I was pretty much out of shape weighing in at 200 lbs for 5'5' height tall guy.

I work mostly at a desk , so my regular activity levels are pretty much none.

Because of the omni , in around October, 2015 I decided to get fit. I was a total noobie. Now I'm at 173 lbs and I go to the gym regularly, and it's all thanks to a simple plan that I followed in the beginning.

I wrote a whole guide here on how I did it.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s265/sh/d71df8c0-d8a0-4973-b4da-b9213ed723ca/9eb8a043a92effbd1ca445d7102289ea

To Summarize, I went to the gym , and only jogged on the treadmill for 5 mins, each time I went to the gym again, I increased my time by 1 minute, leaving the speed of my jogging the same at 4.0 miles per hour.

By the second month I was jogging for 16 minutes non-stop on the treadmill at 4 miles per hour. Since then I've increased my speed to 7 miles per hour and jogging non stop for 30 minutes.

By the time the omni is released, I should be in tip top shape and I can't wait!!

What are you guys doing in terms of fitness to get ready for the omni ?

Comments

• Personally, I'm about 5' 8'' and weigh almost 180lb. I lost about 20 pounds in a month last year, down to about 160lb, around August, bicycling every other day about 5 miles, eating grape fruit, yogurt, almonds and not much else besides an evening meal. I want to congratulate you on your hard work man, it's not easy to maintain the sheer willpower necessary to heavy, long term weight loss like that. Keep at it, you'll have the Omni soon and something tells me the cardio at the gym will be a little less necessary, after all, we actually breath most of our carbs out rather than excretion through other means.
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    Hey @langknow, thanks for posting the detailed gamer guide to gym-going. I can identify with a lot of those sentiments. I had to be really disciplined to keep myself going to the gym when I was getting in shape to demo the Omni. Time seems to go so slowly on a regular treadmill. On the Omni it flies by, because you're having fun! I recorded a Fallout 4 video last night, thought I was on there for about 10-15 minutes, but when I got off I saw it was around 30 minutes! Turning exercise into entertainment instead of a chore is going to transform the lives of gamers :)
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • Hey SutekiB can't wait for your fallout 4 video,your videos are the only thing keeping me sane thru this unbearable wait.
  • langknowlangknow Posts: 9
    I can't wait to get my Omni, so many videos I want to make , and so many games to play... I'm ready.. I can now run at 8.0 miles per hour non stop for 30 mins.
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 307
    edited April 2016
    I'm 5'11", and I've actually gained about 15 lbs, so instead of being at my goal weight of 200, I'm at around 235. Surprisingly, I've had pretty much zero issues as far as maintaining my pace through TRAVR goes. My legs do get a bit sore by the end, and I sweat like mad through the entire process, but nothing unbearable or that makes me feel unsafe. I've yet to do a complete run through with the additional levels that were added in the 0.4 update, but I'm thinking I should have time tomorrow.