Time for an honest update on a release scedule.

Comments

• xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Ok well i hope you are correct @gleamingsands in that pre-orders wills still be fulfilled in Q2. i would be devastated having to wait until Q3.
  • Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 477
    Looks like we got a quasi-confirmation--at least to the credibility of the Uploadvr article. This is the latest tweet update from Virtuix:
    .@UploadVR stopped by our #GDC16 booth to try the Omni - "...certainly good if not completely great." http://uploadvr.com/omni-commercial-release/

Jan still has not commented on Kickstarter backers questions about this yet, though.
  • gleamingsandsgleamingsands Posts: 306
    edited March 2016
    @Sponge101 The good news is that's the same quote from before. Like I said, commercial release and pre-order, Kickstarter release are two separate things.
    @gleamingsands. A good possibility, but a confirmation would help the anxious community fell at ease. Today was the day to do it but instead we got the article tweet confirmation--This tells me they're saving an official response for the Kickstarter/newsletter monthly update. I'm expecting a big announcement in 3-4 days :)
  • danfrommndanfrommn Posts: 11
    With the ability to make thousands of people happy (and get them off their backs) with nothing more than a single sentence, I dont understand why they wont just tell people that they are still going into production Q2 unless they are not going to.
    OK Now I am confused, Virtuix Omni retweeted the following: " The @VirtuixOmni is new and improved! Tentatively shipping March 28 at $699 " It is the 2nd one from the top on their twitter page. Did they retweet someone elses screw up?
    @danfrommn. I saw that too--it's just a typo that the author mistakenly made with the Oculus' release date.
    They probably shouldn't have re-tweeted it on their official page. It will just jack up the rest of us. I was thinking maybe it was going to be a surprise delivery to get some news coverage. Major let down. With my vive coming next week and my vr room all set up, I really want my setup complete and it reminds me every day when I walk past it that it is still empty.
  • travis1409travis1409 Posts: 131
    edited March 2016
    So it changed on their FAQ AGAIN and there is still not one single email, update or anything informing us that it's going to be tell the almost end of the 3rd year before we get our Omni's. Frustration does not begin to cover the anger that I feel towards these constant pushbacks with literally no information. I understand pushbacks, and I understand that **** happens, but they should keep the people who got them off the ground better informed.
    @travis1409 I think it is safe to say it is 3rd quarter for everyone. Last week, I sent in an email asking for a refund if it was indeed going to be 3rd quarter before shipping. They didnt confirm 3rd quarter, but they did issue me a refund of the 900 bucks I spent on an omni, 2 pair of shoes and 2 harnesses. I would still like to get one, but will wait till later to get back into line. Their retweet of Mar. 28th shipping didnt help. Sorry, hopefully you have a headset that will get you thru. I have the vive coming in the first batch, so room sized vr will work for me till the omni's and others become standard enough they can be ordered and shipped out the same week. I feel for ya. Mine was going to go into our local K12 school where I am the Technology Coordinator along with the vive and the multiple gear vr that are already there.
    I am already resigning myself waiting for my birthday next year because of some pushback or change or something random thing that allows them to squelch on us for even longer. I have already invested too much of my time, money, and energy into waiting, I preordered before they had even met their original kickstarter goal completed so I am in it for the long run at this point. So I am just going to continue bitching and moaning on the forums while I watch them lose more and more money because they aren't delivering on a three year old promise.
  • gleamingsandsgleamingsands Posts: 306
    edited March 2016
    This is starting to become somewhat hilarious.
  • They have literally produced 60 of these things and are making millions., They offer no real information to their customers no real updates, Just holding their hand out for more money.What happens when we their backbone start voicing our concerns on other sites then this one.Its not like we are asking for a full run down just some info.We should not have to find out its been pushed back again because someone read the fac.That is so disrespectful to us the ones who bankrolled this thing to start with.
  • edmgedmg Posts: 57
    I'd rather they put the time into finishing them than giving updates. Given they need to get feedback from the Pathfinder users, make any changes required, test them, start a production run and ship them, I can't really see them shipping in large numbers before Q3. Which coincides with when most people will be getting Rift or Vive headsets, anyway.
  • But seriously, re-tweeting the March 28th release date a day late is hilarious. I have to say that without a doubt, that is one of the funnier things I have heard in awhile.
    I would assume they were tweeting a link to the article, not the release date claim.
  • That's true ,but a update takes 3 min to type, they could do it on the forum,just a quick update I kinda doubt thier all stooped over an omni in production all day long,they used to be active on here.
    edited March 2016
    @edmg they're not communicating with their backers and that's the problem. Their focus should not be on investing, not a single man hour should be spent on getting more money and investments when they haven't delivered on a product that is 3 years behind schedule. You're right that they should be focused on completing the product and they should be communicating to us what the hold up is and why there is misinformation running around. It shouldn't take that much time and effort to give an update on why there's so shipping schedule, estimated production start, or even if they are making changes that'll force push backs 3 YEARS after the missed delivery deadline.

• Virtuix contacted me and stated 2nd quarter is still on ,but they forsee it going into 3rd quarter to meet all the preorders. They updated me so I thought I'd update you all.
    Here's the latest update from over on the Kick comment:

" Hi all,
    We will provide a more detailed overview in tomorrow's Kickstarter update, but in brief: our Pathfinder program was a success and did not reveal any major hiccups with the Omni. We are making a few final tweaks to various parts of the Omni that are custom to preparing for mass market manufacturing: final tweaks to the molds (for example, adding texture to the ring surface; finalizing mold parameters to minimize aesthetic deficiencies like sink marks, etc.); finalizing our power button diffuser and LED; optimizing the tolerances of our Tracking Pod molds; sourcing a better USB hub; etc. This is a long list of minor tweaks that will be completed in April, and we anticipate to produce our next big batch of Omnis in May. As you can read from our Pathfinders' reviews: the Omni is a quality product that I believe you will thoroughly enjoy. Note: the Omni has more than 140 custom parts, which is unlike any other consumer electronics product. Thank you for your patience as we work 7 days a week to cross all remaining items from our list. Best regards, Jan."

Two points: the Omni is complex; and shipment could still be in Q2 and possibly spilling over to Q3.

• Thank you for the update.
  • KijutsuKijutsu Posts: 85
    June could potentially be a heck of a month! New Video card AND the Omni? Sign me up!
    See, this update is what we wanted. I don't mind at all waiting for the shipping schedule as long as I know why it's been delayed. I look forward to the update some time today.
    For those who were in the same boat as me, I finally sent an email and said "if the omni is now going to go out 3rd quarter instead of 2nd, then I would like a refund". They refunded my money. Sounds like confirmation of 3rd quarter to me. They probably didnt want to scare away investors with people dropping their orders due to ever increasing ship dates that never seem to arrive. Iit doesnt take 3 months to "source" a usb port.
    Three months from the end of beta testing to final product release doesn't seem bad to me. Software, yeah, you can release it pretty quickly if the beta goes well, but if you're revising the design of physical parts, getting them made in China and shipped to you, then assembling and testing them, you can't easily do it overnight.

From the Pathfinder videos, I can't see any reason they wouldn't be able to ship in Q3. It seems a much more polished product than the videos I watched last year.
    Also, given how much my knees are complaining after walking half a mile each way to and from the voting station last night, I may need three months to get into shape before it arrives :).
  • TomekTomek Posts: 76
    Yeah, it's a shame but I haven't expected it to ship in Q2 for a long time now. At least they are doing something, unlike Cyberith which is practically MIA. Imagine having dropped a shitload more for your ODT and expecting to get nothing.
  • What is the refund process? I have sent three messages through the "Contact" portion of their website over the last week and a half and have received no response. I am absolutely in love with the product and I have every intention of buying one when they actually release but I don't like having $800 tied up with no real idea when I will get my product.
    edited April 2016
    This is the response I got. Maybe you can glean some info from it to help you out. I would think they would rather take care of a few squeeky wheels rather than deal with those wheels going totally off the rails. I still intend on getting one of some brand, but for now it is whomever has one that is ready to deliver that I will buy from. I think I originally used their contact page for the initial connection to them which didnt get answered for about 2 weeks. Then I called their texas number which doesnt seem to get answered by a person only a machine and I requested it there also.

[Deleted - Virtuix does not have a manned customer support line yet (the phone is used for coordinating with couriers, etc), and general enquiries from all over the world will seriously slow down progress at the office; the office is also not open for general admission. Please submit enquiries by email only. Thank you for understanding!]

Response from virtuix below concerning my refund. They did send it, and it did take 5 days to show on the card.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[email protected] Mar 29 at 10:49 AM
    To
    [email protected]
    Message body
    Hi Daniel,

Your order has been cancelled and a refund has been sent. It may take 3-5 days before your credit card shows the refunded amount.

Best regards,

Kelly Campbell
    Community Manager | Virtuix.com