Countdown Thread till shipment day

hey guys

@Sponge101 made me do it :wink:

5 Days Till Shipment Day

that's right, 5 days... come back for more exciting counting tomorrow. next week, find out the answer to the question, "will Kzintzi's head explode once we get to +2 days". Will his family kick him out and change the locks at +12 days?? only this thread will have the news :#

Comments

• Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 428
    How could you missed a day! Unforgivable! It's a COUNTDOWN! Everybody knows countdown is important and respected becasue--it's a COUNTDOWN! :D Oh wait, timezone... Never mind.
    Here she is:

• kzintzikzintzi Posts: 54
    I tried to countdown yesterday and the forum wouldn't let me :(

but OMG - how do you have that??!!!!!!!????????
    doh.... apparently my posts need to be approved.. thats weird

in that case 3 days till Shipment Day
    I should have been more clear: That pic is an official pic from Oculus that they posted on twitter--that is what will be shipped to people. Still, she's purrty.
    lol - yeah I found an article with that pic in it about 10 mins after I posted :blush:

soooooo close..
    so it turns out I suck at updating forums... haven't got my shipping email yet. very sad about that - especially since @gleamingsands got his.... not too sure about this 1-3 weeks before shipment thing too... going to be very sad if it doesn't ship today :disappointed:
  • gleamingsandsgleamingsands Posts: 280
    edited March 2016
    I took lunch early that day to get a front row seat to the Oculus preorders. I saw the 600.00 and kept going, couldn't even think twice,
    had the Omni preorder, had to make the Oculus preorder. I was really surprised when they didn't charge me at point of purchase.
    The array of people getting their shipments soon would have looked very different if people had known that.
    I woke up 30 mins beforehand and refreshed the store until it let me order one - it was something like 6 minutes after it opened. the website said shipping would be "today" but still haven't seen my email... not going to panic [not going to panic!!]
    AARRGGHH!!!! [rocking man in the corner mumbles repeatedly] still no email, still no email...
    best not to ask - still nothing... waiting impatiently :smile:
    Sorry to hear that. For what it's worth, I haven't gotten an email either :'(
    thanks, it only makes me feel a little bit better :tongue:
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,045
    I tried the CV1 (and by try, I mean I wore it brefly); and I thought it was really light and comfortable. Would like to have had time to play something on the Rift, but oh well :D
    Community Manager at Virtuix
    Lucky. But I've waited so long (as we all have) it doesn't bother me that much anymore to be honest.
    Well, I got an email from Oculus but it just basically said sorry for the wait and check back on the 12th :/ Good news is they said their covering shipping and handling <3 Say what you want about Oculus but they know how to treat their customers right.
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Covering the shipping is nice especially for folks in places like Australia. though personally if it was me waiting for my Rift it would be too little too late.
    If there's one thing I learned from the first day pre-ordering the Omni is, you know, patience. Really, really, good patience...
    I got the same same email. I appreciate the gesture; thank you Oculus!
    Yeah, international is covered too. Exchange rate is a killer, or so I heard.
    yep... the "free shipping" is saving me about $200 on the price..

but it's now "8 days till update"
  • edmgedmg Posts: 57
    Free shipping is probably saving about as much as I would have saved if Oculus took account of exchange rate changes since I ordered. So that's OK.
    7 days till update... feeling a lot calmer now, and my HOTAS and pedals are arriving today so I have a new toy to play with and setup while I wait..

with the addition of the school holidays starting this week, I'm going to get my kids to help me remodel my office to make room for the "Elite Dangerous" chair :smiley:

3 Days till Shipment Day

3 Days till Shipment Day

good to see the approved comments finally dropped into the thread :smiley:

6 days till update
    day 248 of the interminable wait... hang on a tick, that was the dream I had last night.... phew :sweat:

5 days till update :smile:
    got my email.. sad now :neutral:
    Me too @kzintzi, me too... :(
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 308
    edited April 2016
    @kzintzi - what's sad about the email?