Countdown Thread till shipment day

2»

Comments

• xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    they where probably just told there order was pushed back at least 2 months.
  • Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 428
    Mine is a little over a month. I'm not too upset about it--it'll give me the chance to build and test my new VR PC.
    Your stronger than me @Sponge101
    It's not like we have any other choice but to wait (sounds familiar?...). On a related note, this will give another month time for the chance the Omni and HMD to arrive at roughly the same time. One can dream... o:)
    LOL good point. That would be some nice timing.
  • edmgedmg Posts: 57
    Mine got delayed from July... to July. It mostly seems to be affecting those who ordered early.
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 54
    yeah, my order got pushed back to the middle of May. I'm travelling at that time so guaranteed it'll turn up on the day after I leave home and then sit there on my desk for a week :cry:

the thing I'm mostly sad about is they've not taken my money yet... it's burning a hole in my pocket gods damn it!! :smiley:
    hey guys

while clicking on things and waiting for my rift I found this : http://kck.st/1MVnBxe

it's a vr glasses mount. they make them for Rift and Vive... fairly cheap (they don't come with prescription lenses in them) and you can get either them or your local optician to make up lenses for them..

going to make my life a lot easier..
    finally got it - it's insanely cool...
    Cool. I got mine last week but can't use it because of my GPU. Have fun with yours :)
    really? I'm using a GTX660 and it's working fairly well... not brilliant but I can play stuff.. I'm planning on getting a new one soon. I was going to wait for the 1070 to come out but I don't know if I can wait that long..
    edited June 2016
    I'm getting a blank screen at the "adjust your lenses" part of the setup process. Oculus' response: "Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately your graphics card will likely not work with the Rift. It is using pre-Kepler architecture and you will need a newer GPU to use the Rift."

Your 660 is based on Kepler so it should work but mine won't. I think the requirement for CV1 is stricter than dk2 and dk1. Was disappointed at first but it means my first experience with VR will be with the 1080 hybrid--can't ask for a better start than that.

1070? Good choice. Here's a vid on it that might help:

2»