Striker VR is back and it looks better than ever!!

xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
http://www.roadtovr.com/striker-vr-arena-infinity-haptic-vr-gun-force-feedback-effects/

Unfortunately they are focusing on out-of-home companies such as the Void and Zero latency as Oculus and Valve have not opened up there tracking systems to third party developers yet.

I am so exited that they are still planing releasing a consumer product! This would be an absolutely perfect accessory for the Omni.

Comments

• xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Thinking about this a bit I wonder if your HMD will get in the way putting the gun up to your shoulder and looking down the sites...
  • Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 430
    Maybe, but after hitting the HMD the first time you'll learn to avoid it pretty quick.

I saw this article yesterday and my inital reaction was "cool!" and "futuristic!" but then I was disappointed they chose this design. I wanted them to keep to the tested-and-true M4 design because that's just my own personal favorite AR of all time. However, in a game like Mass Effect this design would fit in like a glove. I'll say this though: the bull-pup should make the rifle shorter and therefore easier to wield.

• xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Maybe, but after hitting the HMD the first time you'll learn to avoid it pretty quick.
    But you really need to get down in there to look down the sites of a gun.

Ya the M4 design is bad ass. However I can see why they went with a more rifle shape as there is more room for the battery, electronics and linear EM actuator. Though I have to say there design is pretty bad ass itself, I really like it. Plus once in VR I wont really care what it looks like because it can look like anything you want. I hope its balanced so you could use it as a hand gun or as a rifle. I would also like to see some buttons on it. I know everyone is saying that you don't need as many buttons in VR but you can always just not use them and you cant use them if there not there.
    @SUTEKIB. Hey, I dare you to twirl this thing ;)

@xxann5. Agree. Buttons would make it better. I'm not questioning the usefulness of this design--I'm just so disappointed they chose to abandoned the M4; I wonder if it was a licensing issue? Who knows... The design does remind me of the P90:
  • That is a very cool design. I'd love to try that gun out in TRAVR.
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 308
    Are there other controls on that gun, or is it purely a trigger with motion sensing and tactile/haptic feedback? Especially in a VR environment, I really wouldn't want to have to keep track of a controller that I'm only using for shooting at things.
    They're in the development stage right now but I have never seen buttons on any of their prototype guns--including this latest one.