Disassembling Omni (for shipping/transport)

I'm seeing a lot of questions about shipping overseas, and I have this need also, but it's impossible (or unpractical) to ship the whole package overseas (which weights around 90kg). I checked with Fedex and it would cost around USD 2.200 to ship it to my address (!!!).

I go to the USA very frequently, so I could bring it with me if it was smaller. I believe I can ship up to 40-45kg per package paying excess weight of course (more than that they won't even allow me to ship), so I was wondering if I could easily split the internal parts in 2 or 3 without having to cut wires or break things so I could ship it in separate packages and then reassembling when I get home.

Any info or ideas on this?

Comments

• NobleBrutusNobleBrutus Posts: 139
    The package is split-able into lots of smaller pieces if required. However Virtuix can ship overseas via other companies, for example mine came with DHL, so I suggest you check out with them first.
  • rottzrottz Posts: 10
    Thanks for the answer!

But for example can I ship the base separately from the posts/poles? What is the single biggest/heaviest piece that I cant disassemble? If the heaviest piece is below 40-45kg then Im good :)

Regarding DHL I tried making a quote online and it was even more expensive than Fedex (something around 3.5k USD to ship). I could try to check sending it on a ship container (LCL), but hell, I figured it would be much easier if I simply went to the US and brought it myself disassembled (if it is possible to disassemble, hence this post).

Thanks
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,040
    The base is separate to the towers, and I'm sure no individual part is over 40 kg.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • rottzrottz Posts: 10
    Great to know that!! I think I won't have much issues then!! Thanks a lot
  • NobleBrutusNobleBrutus Posts: 139
    I would ask Virtuix for a quote as these shipping companies tend to ask more from an individual than from a company. Also if Virtuix are sending several Omnis to your country they might get a discount.