Project Ghost

sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,009
Another cool in-development game!

Project Ghost, for the HTC Vive and Virtuix Omni:

You'll notice a number of locomotion control schemes (on-rails, warping) to help people without an Omni, but it's great to see more upcoming content that's using the Omni's SDK. How about those light-sabers? :)
Community Manager at Virtuix

Comments

• Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 428
    The obvious flavor here is star wars and that perfectly fine because light saber and VR goes together like wine and cheese. Never heard of this game but it's now on my radar. @sutekiB. What do you think of starting a tread for upcoming games that is built specfically with the Omni SDK? I would do it but you seem to have a better alertness for this than anyone.
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,009
    @Sponge101 It's a good suggestion, but I think the whole 'coming soon' category is really meant for exactly that - games that will, or at least are likely to use the Omni's SDK. There is a section on the website that is also supposed to highlight fully implemented games, and that will likely see more work done to it over the coming months. Each having their own thread on the forum is good, so we can discuss that particular game, and even the developer may come along and contribute if there's enough activity. We can also post links to articles where they were featured, for instance: http://www.roadtovr.com/project-ghost-lets-you-bend-time-whilst-dual-wielding-lightsabers/ - you will often find the developers answer questions about their game in the comments of these articles.
  • Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 428
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, I guess that makes sense. But it would still be nice if Virtuix would have an official list of Omni-developed games so that it makes keeping track of game development easier for consumer.
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,009
    edited May 2016
    I quite agree @Sponge101, there should be an official thread pinned to the top of the 'Coming Soon' category that simply lists all the games confirmed to use the SDK, maybe with links and release dates where applicable. I'm sure Virtuix has many developers on side, and we know who a few of them are. I'd speculate the reason there is no such thread as yet is that they are waiting for the 'hard launch'. We've had the soft launch to Beta-testers and developers, many of whom are also backers, but the hard launch will attract a lot of attention, because in the space of a short period of time you will have a significant number of people getting the final consumer-spec Omni. By then, some of those developers who got an Omni as part of the Pathfinder program will hopefully have had enough time to implement the SDK. In which case, not only do you have a list of upcoming games, some on the list will be playable at launch.