POLL - Would you like to see Omni support for Island 359 (dinosaur game)?

sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,032
edited August 2016 in Coming Soon
Hi guys, Island 359 came out recently and it looks really cool. Running from dinosaurs is one of the experiences I've been looking forward to having on the Omni. Island 359 makes use of the Vive controllers for dual-wielding guns and melee weapons - which is awesome, but it currently doesn't use the Omni's SDK, nor does it have keyboard input, so for moving you would point and click to 'dash' everywhere. The developers says they are considering adding WASD to the game for Omni users (and I guess anyone who is immune to sim-sickness). Here's the discussion on their Steam page.

So my question is, who else would be excited to play this game with the Omni? See the poll below!

Here's the launch trailer:
Community Manager at Virtuix

POLL - Would you like to see Omni support for Island 359 (dinosaur game)? 6 votes

Yes, and Omni support would make me more likely to buy this game
100% 6 votes
I'm interested in this game regardless, but would also like to try it with the Omni
0% 0 votes
I would buy this game with or without Omni support
0% 0 votes

Comments

• GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 308
    Where's the "no, I don't want omni support" option?

I feel like this poll might be somewhat biased.
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,032
    @GreyAcumen Never crossed my mind that anyone would not want Omni support! The third option caters to that scenario really - there just isn't an option for 'I'm not interested in the game so Omni support is irrelevant to me' - but then this isn't a poll to determine how many people are interested in the game, it's just a measure of how many of us who are would like compatibility, and how much we would like it :)
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Very true @GreyAcumen though give the forum the pol is being presented on its safe to say some level of bias is expected.

I always found the poles on /r/oculus and /r/vive about which HMD you prefer to be a bit pointless and somewhat humerus.

I will say though this game looks pretty good. have not seen it before.
  • Dinosaurs + the Omni. Yes, please.
    Hey @KellCam_Virtuix I should know this but what game is that gif from?
  • @xxann5 It comes from The Assembly:

Here's the full gif I made:

Nice. Does The Assembly directly support the Omni or is that with keyboard/gamepad emulation?

I for one can not stand Blink or teleportation or whatever you want to call it. I find it completely breaks immersion and in many cases completely breaks the game, even games that are build around it. The one exception i have played is Budget Cuts.

Damn I want my Omni
  • We used keyboard emulation for The Assembly. It works fantastic. I think you'll be surprised to see how smooth keyboard mode is. Games with the Omni SDK are on their way as well. This includes our internally developed games and third-party devs that we've been in contact with.
    Awesome. Cant wait!