New Blog Post - Production Update and Events

http://www.virtuix.com/production-update-and-events/

We've just posted a new blog! It includes our current production status as well as some Omni news and events. Feel free to discuss here!

Comments

• carlocarlo Posts: 2
    I'm a bit confused. My Kickstarter backer number is 1096, and I have read several people that are Kickstarter backers with much higher number than mine that already have received their unit. And with this latest announcement, I still have not received an email about getting my unit? What am I missing here? Can you at least post which Kickstarter backers are going to be receiving the various batches, so we are at least clear on when the Omni will be delivered. Am anxious to receive my unit already, and have been very patient on delivery. Thanks in advance for helping me clarify this. Cheers!
  • KijutsuKijutsu Posts: 85
    @carlo Hey it could be worst, at least (it sounds like) you are in the USA so your #1096 will get yourself an Omni before my #9. Why? Because I'm in an unimportant(not as profitable?) country than the USA. More than 3 years in waiting but at least I'm 99% sure I'll actually get something, unlike many other kickstater projects. All we can do is to be patient.
  • Just strange that guys with backer number of 3000+ have gotten their units, and my number is significantly less, and I have had no word. I think it would be wise to just have a better explanation of which batches are going to which backer numbers. Simply asking for more clarification and detail of how deliveries are made. Have been patient and will continue to be, but would be nice to know at least a better estimate of which container load is going to which group.
  • I wish they would figure out some kind of shipping list so i could figure out where I am on the cue. That way I could have a better idea as to when the waiting ends.
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    I think that would an excellent idea @travis1409 even if it was just something as vague as you are number XXXX and will be in the Nth shipping container. Even if they cant give an exact date when the contaniner will be packed and shipped we would at least get an idea.
  • I agree, since we know the approximate shipping containers that are going out every month, I would like to know what shipping container my omni is in and where that container is in the cue so I have an approximate date that I can stare at on the calendar.
  • People are receiving their units already?
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    I don't think so @gleamingsands well accept for the pathfinders but supposedly the first batch of early backers have received there emails.
  • This is the hardest part believe it or not--seeing others in front of the line getting theirs first :(
  • I imagine it was much harder seeing the pathfinders get theirs, and still not knowing when to expect production shipping. Seeing people up front go through is fine as long as the line is moving and you're getting closer, it's seeing people get through and you STILL haven't made any progress that really gets to a person.
  • I never had a problem with the Pathfinder program because I just thought of it as a beta phase of development; albeit with actual hardware with minor imperfections. That's over and now we have final, consumer-ready hardware ready to go for everyone waiting.
  • At this point, you are waiting in a line that is so long that you can't see the end or the beginning so you have no idea how close you are to the end or even how far you are ahead but the line really isn't moving yet so why does it matter how far you are. Like an amusement park when the ride breaks down, do you get out of the line like a bunch of other people are or just wait until it get's fixed and your waiting will finally pay off?
  • The waiting sucks. Period. But these are the hard numbers:

-September: 258 units (5 containers)
    -October: 810 units (15 containers)
    -November (estimate): 1,500 units
    -December (estimate): 2,000 units

But to be honest, at this point in the finalization process, Virtuix should have a rough idea of where everyone stands in the queue. Eagerly waiting when they will disclose that.
  • Very interested to see where I'll fall in the lineup. Order #7504, so very likely I'm like... bottom of the que. But I can't wait to get to making videos with this thing. Very special feelings.
  • How many kickstarter Omni's plus pre-orders have been made? I just pre-ordered 2 Omni's today, sooooooo, I'm assuming I will see my Omni's sometime between January and March???
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 171
    Sponge101 said:

The waiting sucks. Period. But these are the hard numbers:

-September: 258 units (5 containers)
    -October: 810 units (15 containers)
    -November (estimate): 1,500 units
    -December (estimate): 2,000 units

But to be honest, at this point in the finalization process, Virtuix should have a rough idea of where everyone stands in the queue. Eagerly waiting when they will disclose that.

Where did you get your information from? I'm kickstart backer 614 and in the US with no email yet so I'm finding all this hearsay to be a tad odd without any word Posted on the Virtuix news page officially (least if it has I've missed it)
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 308
    edited September 2016
    @DanteM - That's from the production update #63 (Aug 1st) on the official blog, it's the 2nd most recent update on the site. I don't see why it's that difficult to believe either. It specifically says 258 units for September, you're kickstarter backer #614. Why would you be expecting the first 300 units to be shipped out to backer #600+?
    Also, these are the SHIPPING dates, not the delivery dates. Since Update #64 mentioned emails being sent out and that was at the END of August, my estimate would be that ASSUMING that the October batch is still shipping to the US, and ASSUMING there were no major issues with the first deliveries that would need an overhaul of the system, you're likely to get an email by the END of September, and even then that's just to confirm the order, then after you confirm, you need to get the email about paying the shipping, then after you pay you get the email with the shipping confirmation number.
    So I'm thinking that even best case scenario is you'd be getting yours by November.

You also might want to make sure to check your spam box and that the email you put down in your kickstarter info is still up to date. It has been over 3 years since the kickstarter ended.

@SolarVR - I'd push your expectations back closer to July or even NEXT Christmas. Preorders have been open for something like a year now, and there are actually a lot of companies, including arcades, game developers, and even purely research facilities that have already placed orders for several DOZEN units each. I seem to recall one Chinese company (to whom distribution would be much easier than getting these things to the US) placed an order up in the hundreds or thousands.
    Virtuix made a point that the initial kickstarter backers will be the first to get their Omni units before any other pre-orders are handled, but once they get through delivering the kickstarter units, it's possible that larger bulk orders and certain areas will get higher priority due to the lower cost of easier distribution.
    Of course, I don't know what your pre-order number is, and I also don't know if order number is 1:1 with the number of units orders. As I mentioned, I know of several orders that were for multiple units, so if you're order #9000, there may actually be 16000 units already ordered before yours, not just 9000. (you said your ordered 2, so do they each go on separate orders, or are they both included in the same order?)