So has anyone here gotten the email yet?

Comments

• xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    O man NWN/NWN2 such good games.
  • xxann5 said:

O man NWN/NWN2 such good games.

I loved building characters in NWN and NWN2, and I loved the engine in NWN2, but I was utterly disappointed with the actual content and writing. (SoU & HotU wasn't bad though) but I grew up on Baldur's Gate, so when it comes to solid writing, dialogues, banter, and romance options, I got completely spoiled.
    The real shame is that someone went to the trouble of completely rebuilding the original Baldur's Gate as a mod for the NWN2 engine, but for some inane reason they decided that they couldn't be bothered with difficulty balance and throw Ogre Mages at you while you're still at level 1 on normal difficulty. I've got the Enhanced Editions for Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, but there are still a bunch of mods that haven't been completely converted to be compatible with them.
    ya i never played eather of the Baldur's gate games (i know im a bad nerd). I have been meaning to get the enhanced versions.
  • @xxann5 - trying to go back to the 2.5ed rule sets, limited multiclassing/dual classing, and fixed stat system is really harsh when you've gotten used to 3rd edition and higher.
  • giroudfgiroudf Posts: 127
    actually , i tought the first mail we were supposed to receive is the order confirmation for shoes size (i think that was proposed long ago).
    You can expect than many purchaser have kisd and since the years are adding up, the shoes size is probably not the same than at order time.
  • @giroudf - honestly, I doubt it'll be that large of an issue, but yes, you're supposed to have a chance to confirm your shoe and harness size in the email, probably the same one that confirms how you want shipping handled.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    So with the first kickstarters batch now arriving can we assume that emails were indeed sent out (and oddly none of them got excited and posted about it? WEIRD?) and that the first batch has been shipping to people and that the second batch should be shipping to homes within a few weeks? It wasn't made very clear if that was part of the 1st shipped batch of 210 or if that was someone that has their due to being selected as part of the first 50 pathfinder...Preferably a response from someone working for Omni...

any update on WHEN the 2nd batch (oct batch) actually shipped or the expected date of arrive in the US. This is kind of a crucial time to be giving us as much information as you can and reassuring users rather than talking about more expo's and events that don't have anything to do with actual production and the buyers...
  • adminadmin Posts: 169
    Hi danteM,

I understand your frustration. Currently we have two containers on the way to Austin (arriving this week), and more to be shipped this month. Our production is ongoing, but our pace is currently slower than we expected given that we found it necessary to fully inspect each unit in Austin. We are hesitant to give any more time estimates, given our poor (and embarrassing) track record of achieving those. However, we are producing and delivering units to Kickstarter backers, and we will slowly but steadily work through our large backlog. Over time, our assembly line will become more stable, eliminating the need for the extra inspection in Austin and increasing our throughput. We will keep you posted along the way. I certainly apologize for the incredibly long wait time. Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Jan
    admin said:

Hi danteM,

I understand your frustration. Currently we have two containers on the way to Austin (arriving this week), and more to be shipped this month. Our production is ongoing, but our pace is currently slower than we expected given that we found it necessary to fully inspect each unit in Austin. We are hesitant to give any more time estimates, given our poor (and embarrassing) track record of achieving those. However, we are producing and delivering units to Kickstarter backers, and we will slowly but steadily work through our large backlog. Over time, our assembly line will become more stable, eliminating the need for the extra inspection in Austin and increasing our throughput. We will keep you posted along the way. I certainly apologize for the incredibly long wait time. Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Jan

This is why I have such faith in Virtuix as a company! Y'all respond quick and do an amazing job of answering what the client base is asking :D! I couldn't be more pleased with that response thank you so much Jan!!
    I know due to regulations or such you likely can't tell us BUT by chance is there anyway the community can get a rough or close estimate of how many units have actually left the Austin distribution center bound for their owners homes? Also those 2 containers that are on the way to the Austin center this week would those happen to be part of the first or second batch sent from the production center?

-Keep up the AWESOME work!
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 172
    admin said:

Hi danteM,

Best regards,

Jan

how about posting updates with "we have X amount being shipped to austin, if all goes well this batch will be sent to backers numbered xxxx to xxxx. that way you arent giving specific times but as backers we have SOME kind of estimation
  • adminadmin Posts: 169
    Hi DanteM,

Thank you for your kind words. Those two containers arriving in Austin this week are the first complete containers shipped from China (note that transport time is 4-6 weeks). However, we already shipped out ~30 Omni units in the past few weeks that were part of our PVT batch. Containers will continue to arrive on a rolling basis going forward. At some point, hopefully later this year, containers will no longer come to Austin first, and units will be delivered directly to customers. Hope this helps clarify our current status!

Best regards,
    Jan
    so when are the emails going to be going out informing U.S. backers of shipping?
    RABID said:

so when are the emails going to be going out informing U.S. backers of shipping?

They are suppose to be giving all US backers what our place in line is as well as what batch/eta we are suppose to be here soon once they start to finish up the refund process.

• Fingers crossed this progress continues as indicated for our USA orders. The whole refund Insanity with the international buyers has flooded these forums and left a lot of pre-order customers concerned. I am optimistically skeptical at this stage. It's been like 3 or 4 years since I place my pre-order.
    and...........its 2017
    RABID said:

and...........its 2017

2016 here for another 70mins
  • jgwinnerjgwinner Posts: 39
    I have not gotten my letter anyway.

== John ==
    So far I've seen 3 or 4 people say they have their Omni and the highest kickstarter backer number was #40 also the only person ive seen admit their number, as the others that got their Omnis haven't said what their kickstarted backer number was least not that I've seen. Been trying to pin down about where we are in the line so far.
    we wont have any idea without knowing the numbers and how many of the non-us orders there were canceled
    by knowing the numbers i mean their backer numbers
    RABID said:

we wont have any idea without knowing the numbers and how many of the non-us orders there were canceled

Correct, we are talking kickstart backer numbers not order numbers. Cheezwiz was kickstarter #40 and he got his so we know the line is at least at 41+ it just gives a rough idea until Virtuix releases the line order as they promised in the last newsletter.

Not knowing the US and non US the numbers only give us a rough idea. Once we know the US only numbers we will know where in line we truely stand but that is only if they tell us the most recent shipped so we know how where the line currently is at haha.
    im in the 700's so im not expecting it any time soon unless they canceled 699+ non-US orders before me
    RABID said:

im in the 700's so im not expecting it any time soon unless they canceled 699+ non-US orders before me

I'm in the 600s I suspect about 300 or so of those first 700 are EU orders so aren't being shipped and we know they are up to at least number 40 so I have like 570 ish possible ahead of me :P hoping like 300 of those are non US though haha
  • NimryalNimryal Posts: 4
    I am backer #109 and I just received an email that my Omni shipped yesterday.
  • MarkVMarkV Posts: 48
    250something. Shipped on Wednesday. Supposed to arrive tomorrow.
    edited January 27
    MarkV said:

250something. Shipped on Wednesday. Supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Oh man that's awesome!! How do you not know your. Backer number?

Wait how did backer 250 get shipped before backer 109???

Edit:
    Oh maybe delay in shipping from waiting on payment or something? So you got your shipped email today last Wednesday?
  • NimryalNimryal Posts: 4
    Here is how the process happened for me.

Jan 11: Received an email asking me to confirm my order and address. I responded that evening.

Jan 13: Received an email with shipping amounts. The shipping amount to Michigan was $250 for the Omni (with shoes and harness) and $20 for a Boom which is shipped separately. The email included a link to a location for entering a credit card number to pay for shipping. I entered the credit card info right away and the card was charged the same day. I then received a confirmation email that my order is complete.

Jan 25: Received an email indicating that the Boom has shipped via FedEx. Delivery is scheduled for 1/28.

Jan 26: Received an email that the Omni is on its way via DHL (freight). DHL tracking indicated that the order was picked up on Wednesday 1/25 and is scheduled to be delivered ro a distribution center in Detroit on 1/27. I understand that once it reaches the distribution center, they will contact me to schedule final delivery to my home.

My Omni did ship on Wednesday, so there is no indication that they are shipping out of order. It just appears that they shipped quite a few on Wednesday, which is very good news.

You can get your backer number by signing into Kickstarter and selecting your "Backed Projects" list. Then select the Omni project and it will display your pledge page. Scroll to the bottom and you will see your backer number.
    Congrats, everyone getting there shipping info! very exciting.
  • travis1409travis1409 Posts: 130
    I'm 1600. Not expecting it anytime soon.
  • We are shipping in batches and must wait for payment before we have DHL pick them up to ship out.

@travis1409 Though you may have a higher backer number, the wait may not be as long as you think. We are no longer shipping to international backers (giving refunds instead) and US backers must have entered their coupon code into our system, which not all have at this time.