So has anyone here gotten the email yet?

Comments

• DanteMDanteM Posts: 171
    edited January 27

US backers must have entered their coupon code into our system, which not all have at this time.

When were you going to us that this is a requirement to get it shipped? I just messaged support as I'm not positive my coupon code was ever inputed, this feels like something that's crazy important to note LONG before shipping even starts.
  • CheezWizCheezWiz Posts: 74
    edited January 27
    DanteM said:

US backers must have entered their coupon code into our system, which not all have at this time.

When were you going to us about this requirement? I just messaged support as I'm not positive my coupon code was ever inputed, this feels like something that's crazy important to note LONG before shipping even starts.
    You can log into the Virtuix web site and see your pending order for the Omni if you did that back in 4/2015 when they sent all of that out.
    You had to create an account, choose your sizes and then check out using the coupon code.
    Mine was emailed 4/23/2015

By the way, they asked us over and over to do this in the updates... just say'n...
    --------------------------------------
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Rift Backer #2,770 (That was a good one!)
    Middle Tennessee
    edited January 27
    CheezWiz said:

You can log into the Virtuix web site and see your pending order for the Omni if you did that back in 4/2015 when they sent all of that out.
    You had to create an account, choose your sizes and then check out using the coupon code.

My account use to belong to a friend and he transferred it all to me. My original order was after kickstarter ended and then I had to cancel that order but ended up taking over my friends backer account he ordered so I'm unsure if the coupon code was applied :P kind of a unique case so to say.

Virtuix support is awesome normally though so I'm sure they will help me get it sorted out in no time ^.^
  • CheezWizCheezWiz Posts: 74
    DanteM said:

When were you going to us about this requirement? I just messaged support as I'm not positive my coupon code was ever inputed, this feels like something that's crazy important to note LONG before shipping even starts.
    DanteM said:

CheezWiz said:

My account use to belong to a friend and he transferred it all to me. My original order was after kickstarter ended and then I had to cancel that order but ended up taking over my friends backer account he ordered so I'm unsure if the coupon code was applied :P kind of a unique case so to say.
    Yeah, that is unique and unexpected... So you were not the original Kickstarter Backer? So I guess your friend got all of the emails telling him what to do and never passed that on to you. As well as the numerous project updates that had the same info. I am just pointing this out because they did tell all of us this long ago. As you said you are a unique case, but I wonder if there are others in your situation too that will not know.
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Rift Backer #2,770 (That was a good one!)
    Middle Tennessee
    edited January 27
    CheezWiz said:

Yeah, that is unique and unexpected... So you were not the original Kickstarter Backer? So I guess your friend got all of the emails telling him what to do and never passed that on to you. As well as the numerous project updates that had the same info. I am just pointing this out because they did tell all of us this long ago. As you said you are a unique case, but I wonder if there are others in your situation too that will not know.

I'm sure there is at least a few, I'm also confident that Virtuix will be able to help as my friend did give me every ounce of detail related to his kickstarter of the project and the number and Virtuix worked directly with us to transfer his order info into my account but I'm worried the coupon code part my have been overlooked in this process so I sent them a support email now the waiting game ^.^
    CheezWiz said:

Mine has the EXACT same date so it very well might have been done properly.
  • mantonyzmantonyz Posts: 1
    edited January 27
    According to my calculations (speculation based on available information): They have received 540 Omni in Austin to date. Nymryal's Omni was the 75th Omni shipped to backer. My Omni will arrive in Austin, where I will pick it up, the first week of April.

FYI I'm backer #2145

EDIT: I hope it arrives much sooner and I am in Austin about once a month. So, I'm ready whenever you are Virtuix.
  • @DanteM I can confirm that your order is in our system.
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 118
    @KellCam_Virtuix any idea how much longer untill U.S. backers shipping/tracking info goes out?
    edited January 27

@DanteM I can confirm that your order is in our system.

Perfect so I can stop panicing and being worried about not getting it :P awesome thanks Kell! I just got the reply email confirming the coupon was applied as well ^.^
    mantonyz said:

According to my calculations (speculation based on available information): They have received 540 Omni in Austin to date. Nymryal's Omni was the 75th Omni shipped to backer. My Omni will arrive in Austin, where I will pick it up, the first week of April.
    FYI I'm backer #2145
    EDIT: I hope it arrives much sooner and I am in Austin about once a month. So, I'm ready whenever you are Virtuix.

wait where did you get the 75th Omni to be shipped info from? I've only seen 6 people confirm that they got a email / Omni ...
    RABID said:

@KellCam_Virtuix any idea how much longer untill U.S. backers shipping/tracking info goes out?

I would think around the same time as this coming newsletter but that's just my guess :)
  • MarkVMarkV Posts: 20
    Just an update on my 250ish order (I checked, I was 257) ... Friday was the day it arrived in my local city via DHL. It arrives Tuesday via a local carrier. (So, a 6 day turnaround from shipment notification to receipt assuming it shows on Tuesday - it will depend on your local shipper).

I placed a separate order for an Omni Rack, Omni Stands, the Omni Boom (HMD support), and a pair of "special shoes" on the 13th of January and all of the hardware arrived. No news on the shoes.

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,032
    @MarkV You will probably find your extra shoes included in the box with the Omni.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
    Confirmed - the second set of shoes were in the box. Thanks!

I haven't seen a video of the unpacking and assembly, but there's probably one out there. For those of you curious about assembly, the good news is that the entire system comes apart. The dish is probably the largest section and the stand for the vertical supports is in two larger sections (with a connector or two). This was good news for me as I didn't have any help moving the contents of the crate inside. I took pictures of the unpacking if anyone is interested.

I have been impressed by the packaging of everything I have received. Assembly of the omni will be on-going until tonight (busy with work). The packaging of the Boom, Rack, and Stands was well done as well. My only current issue is the keyboard rack movement. That may be resolvable with some teflon tape in the base to tighten up the threads, but I am waiting on word from Virtuix as to their suggestion before I go about trying anything.
    And I just found the instructional videos... should take the mystery out of it for those who haven't received their Omni.
    MarkV said:

And I just found the instructional videos... should take the mystery out of it for those who haven't received their Omni.

found them where?
    RABID said:

MarkV said:

found them where?
    It's on the Virtuix website under support > instructional videos haha.
  • VeraxusVeraxus Posts: 31
    Backer 290 here, mine arrives yesterday. Got it assembled fairly easily and tried it out a bit. First thoughts...

1. It's almost too short for me. I'm 6'3" and built like a Viking (so I'm told). The harness sits a little lower than I'd like and I've had a hard time adjusting the straps the keep me secure and comfortable. I also have a large gait so my foot hits the edge a lot. Fortunately it seems designed to minimize the problem of edge-strikes.
    2. It is VERY well made. Clearly commercial-quality. My one niggle is that the entry lever's safety lock seems a little weak and I worry it might break if some dunderhead gives the lever a hard yank.
    3. The Connect software is disappointing in that there's almost no configuration options. I can't even set a speed threshold in keyboard mode to automatically trigger a shift hold... so running vs walking is right out when using keyboard mode. :-/
    Backer #614 still no word yet which is sad but kind of of as I move to a new house on march 13th so yay I won't have to disassemble and reassemble it lol. When are we getting that "list" they promised last month? I haven't seen or heard anything about it in awhile. The list telling us ETAs and spots in line.
  • adminadmin Posts: 148
    Hey DanteM, did you ever use your coupon code? I need to check with our team, but I feel like you should have received an email already.
    Veraxus, thank you for the feedback. In fact, we had the "shift hold" function in the past, but it's hard to make it work well across games. We decided to leave it out at this time.
    Best regards,
    Jan
  • Fan47Fan47 Posts: 15
    Jan, up to what backer number should have received emails? I'm #2,198 and haven't received one yet either.
    admin said:

Hey DanteM, did you ever use your coupon code? I need to check with our team, but I feel like you should have received an email already.

Hey admin, I put in a ticket to support and they said that the account looked good and coupon was applied. Just double checked and no emails from Virtuix about shipping or anything. On January 27 2017 support replied with...

Hi Stephen,

Yes, the coupon code was entered and is in our system. We are actually getting very close to your order in the queue. We’ll be in touch soon.

Best regards,
    The Virtuix Team
    I just got the email my order is being prepared
    edited February 14
    RABID said:

I just got the email my order is being prepared

Nice mate!! What backer # were you, so we can see where the line is at now? WAIT ARENT YOU IN THE 700's!?!?
    RABID said:

im in the 700's so im not expecting it any time soon unless they canceled 699+ non-US orders before me

WHAT THE BEEEEEP!! @admin @KellCam_Virtuix I'm #614 how the **** did I get skipped over??? I have double and tripled check junk, spam, and email address no messages. Just sent a email reply to that thread we had going where @KellCam_Virtuix confirmed my coupon code was in and account was good.
  • @DanteM Send an e-mail to info@virtuix.com regarding this. If you didn't use your backer code, then your items may not be in our system, which is why you may have not received an e-mail.
    imagehttps://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xDmvmyFfxigdt6/giphy.gif" alt="">imagehttps://media.giphy.com/media/26hisG411onWSVF9m/giphy.gif" alt="">
    edited February 14

@DanteM Send an e-mail to info@virtuix.com regarding this. If you didn't use your backer code, then your items may not be in our system, which is why you may have not received an e-mail.

Ya I replied to it already to a email string that info already confirmed my code was good to go.Support is already replying to my message, I fricken love Virtuix support you guys ROCK!

• Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 428
    @KellCam_Virtuix. I sent an email over the weekend about placement. Would greatly appreciate an estimate :)
  • @Sponge101 We'll look into it. Thanks!
    imagehttps://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xDmvmyFfxigdt6/giphy.gif" alt="">imagehttps://media.giphy.com/media/26hisG411onWSVF9m/giphy.gif" alt="">
  • XainXain Posts: 99
    RABID said:

Look at this guy, lucky number 7. I feel that we should be around halfway there for the kickstarter backers if not more.

3249 Total Backers, 1578 of them were International Backers which were canceled which leaves only 1671 US Backers. And Im not certain all 1671 of those backers would be getting Omni's as you can pledge as low as a dollar, correct? I think we are close to shipping preorders. The hype is real.
    so for those on the west coast to ship a Omni +VR Boom + VR rack from their center to Arizona is a few dollars shy of $300 be sure to have a pretty penny saved up for shipping ^.^
  • Fan47Fan47 Posts: 15
    So it sounds like they're up to ~800 at this point? Anyone higher received an email yet?
    Fan47 said:

Jan, up to what backer number should have received emails? I'm #2,198 and haven't received one yet either.