So has anyone here gotten the email yet?

Comments

• I'm kick starter backer #1,693 before you take out the international and those that didn't pledge high enough to get the Omni and I still have yet to receive any emails thus far. I don't know what the hold up is.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 155

I'm kick starter backer #1,693 before you take out the international and those that didn't pledge high enough to get the Omni and I still have yet to receive any emails thus far. I don't know what the hold up is.

I mean seeing as they JUST started the shipping for 614 & 777 why would you think that you would have received anything yet being 1000 backers higher in the list from there? It's only been 1.5 months since they started shipping and they are already up to almost backer 800 you'll be getting one all in good time. Just follow the threads posts and keep track of what numbers have gotten theirs.
  • I'm in Pre-Order #7500's. I wonder how many of those were international orders and where my genuine place in the que lies. Hmm.
  • I expect them to do exactly what they said they would and "Ramp up production" the next number on that list was 1000 the next month. So, if you take out all the people who were international and the people who gave up for a refund mine should be closer to 1000 that 1600 so I should already have an email.
  • que

Lol, queue*

I expect them to do exactly what they said they would and "Ramp up production" the next number on that list was 1000 the next month. So, if you take out all the people who were international and the people who gave up for a refund mine should be closer to 1000 that 1600 so I should already have an email.

Ya they said they would ramp up that after inspections are no longer needed. They haven't really sent a enough out to be fully confident in the production. Likely wouldn't ramp up till most if not all kickstarters have theirs I'd imagine.

They already said that the original estimate numbers were "over optimistic" and that they were not remotely accurate. You likely will get an email in April I would guess from looking at the current length it's taken and the projected numbers.
  • Fan47Fan47 Posts: 6
    I created a regression model based on 9 data points from this board and from Reddit, in some cases estimating shipping date from email date where they have not shipped yet but based on previous gaps between emails and shipping. International cancellations should already be taken into account by the self-reported data. A linear regression may not be appropriate as manufacturing may ramp up, and this is very preliminary until probably the next group of shipments. According to my model, y=0.05541004*x+22.3602641, where x is KS backer number and y is days from January 1 receiving the Omni is expected. Based on my backer number I am estimating receiving my Omni in late May. Hopefully that is worst case!
  • Just got my tracking info yesterday which shows my omni arriving in 3 days. The shoes and boom will arrive separately tomorrow. Hoping everything arrives safely and that the shoes and harness fit me good. I put on a few pounds since I backed Omni years ago.
  • @jon_dojah What was you backer number?
    jon_dojah said:

Just got my tracking info yesterday which shows my omni arriving in 3 days. The shoes and boom will arrive separately tomorrow. Hoping everything arrives safely and that the shoes and harness fit me good. I put on a few pounds since I backed Omni years ago.

Nice!!

I already paid for my shipping but I haven't gotten any shipping eta or tracking number yet still waiting on that.
    for you guys that have your omni already or for the dev's I saw a video of a guy playing Battlefield 4 and the omni was jumping for him when he jumped but on your FAQ it states nothing about being able to jump, please confirm can it track jumping or not?

What movements can you perform on the Omni?
    Besides walking, the Omni allows for running, backwards stepping, and strafing (sideways stepping) in 360 degrees. The Omni software translates movements to keystrokes, analog gamepad input, or direct input to the game via our SDK that steers an avatar in the virtual environment.

• RABIDRABID Posts: 105
    edited February 20
    DanteM said:

I already paid for my shipping but I haven't gotten any shipping eta or tracking number yet still waiting on that.

me too

• @jon_dojah What was you backer number?

not sure. I tried looking for the # in my original email buy couldnt find it. Im pretty sure i was one of the later backers. Anyways it says my Omni is supposed to arrive today via DHL but its already pretty late here and nothing yet. If not today its gotta be here by tomorrow. My shoes and boom arrived a couple days ago.
  • eg239eg239 Posts: 11
    Im backer on kick starter number 2144 i just saw they added payment info for the shipping I believe its coming close for me. I hope someone updates me when I can expect my omini. ORDERED OCT 14 2014
    eg239 said:

Im backer on kick starter number 2144 i just saw they added payment info for the shipping I believe its coming close for me. I hope someone updates me when I can expect my omini. ORDERED OCT 14 2014

I mean you could just read the thread you posted in >.> and piece it together yourself... you are 2144 and they just shipped 777 so you have like 1400 until it gets to you and it's anyone's guess how many of those are canceled/international
  • XainXain Posts: 87
    @eg239 I think you are mistaken, The kickstarter campaign ended like june/july 2013, so you have got to be a preorder or you got both your month and year wrong. The only reason I mention this is because I placed my order in Sept. of 2014 and I am a preorder.
    Xain said:

@eg239 I think you are mistaken, The kickstarter campaign ended like june/july 2013, so you have got to be a preorder or you got both your month and year wrong. The only reason I mention this is because I placed my order in Sept. of 2014 and I am a preorder.

possible he didn't apply his coupon or create his virtuix page account until around Oct which would give him the backer # and that weird order date.
  • jonpoljonpol Posts: 3
    Since people seem curious, my Omni arrived today. Some stats:
    • Kickstarter Backer #711
    • Received original email that it was being prepared to ship on 2 February
    • Got email that order was on the way 16 February
    • Everything besides the Omni itself arrived 18 February
    • Omni was scheduled to arrive 21 February, but the delivery company messed up which is why it was today instead
    • Located in Utah
    jonpol said:

Since people seem curious, my Omni arrived today. Some stats:

• Kickstarter Backer #711
    • Received original email that it was being prepared to ship on 2 February
    • Got email that order was on the way 16 February
    • Everything besides the Omni itself arrived 18 February
    • Omni was scheduled to arrive 21 February, but the delivery company messed up which is why it was today instead
    • Located in Utah
    As backer #614 it makes me sad that I didn't get my original email until after you AND my Omni won't arrive until the 3rd of march... because their system had incorrect information. If I didn't monitor the forums and see that people after me were getting theirs I would of been pushed back in line REALLY FAR.. like end of the year type far haha. Which is why I strongly advise everyone to be aware of their backer number and monitor the forum and this thread.

I got my email about my Omni being prepared and estimated arrive on the 3rd today which made me excited.
  • Got the preparing to ship email Feb.22, backer #1050.
    Virtuix Omni - Mar.11 | HTC Vive | Oculus Rift | Logitech G25 | Saitek X52 PRO |
    I7 3820 16 gig RAM GTX 970 250gb SSD
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/thewombatcave
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vrcave/
  • I'm 1600ish, so if @Wombatcave is1050, based on the current speed, I should be getting mine in April. Late March at the earliest and May at the latest. Unless something else happens or they speed up production drastically. So If I'm not getting at least the prep email by the end of April I'll be getting worried.
    so my omni should be here wednesday and here i am in a knee brace after an accident today. Almost 4 years of waiting and now this! worst timing ever :s
    RABID said:

so my omni should be here wednesday and here i am in a knee brace after an accident today. Almost 4 years of waiting and now this! worst timing ever :s

I feel your pain mate, your 167 backers after me, getting yours first. And I can't use mine for like a 10days once it arrives. We are in the process of moving and it arrives on the 3rd but we move on the 13th hahah!

• Fan47Fan47 Posts: 6
    Based on the additional data points posted here and other places (up to 11 now) I have a revised equation of y=0.044581584x+24.47027248 where x is Kickstarter backer number and y is days from Jan 1 receiving would be expected. Based on this I am estimating I am receiving my Omni in early May instead of late May!
    My shoes, cable boom, and keyboard tray all arrived today woot woot! Omni is due to arrive on the 3rd.
    RABID said:

so i found out today my ACL is torn. wont be using my omni for a while (it will be here friday not wednesday) but i have a LOT of friends offering to help me out and "test" it for me :D
  • I got an email that mine was ready to ship on 2/1
    I thought it was just another newsletter update so I didn't really get back to them until like a week ago. I stopped paying attention to it after E3 2016 so it took me until then to actually look at the message. I realized I didn't know how much space I would actually need for the assembled unit. So I spent a couple of days negotiating with my husband to be able to commandeer one of the bedrooms I just paid for the shipping yesterday and they told me it would be coming in 1-3 weeks. I am backer 564. I am sorry if this throws off your predictions.

Since I ordered the Omni I have become wheelchair bound but can walk with a walker. I hope that it helps me kick my physical therapy up a notch. Good luck everyone.
  • I am backer #912. I have not yet gotten an email, their recent newsletter said they should have gotten to #1,139 so I followed up by sending them an email as suggested, but I've only gotten an automated reply thus far saying that their email volume is high.

I'm hoping they get back to me soon.

I am backer #912. I have not yet gotten an email, their recent newsletter said they should have gotten to #1,139 so I followed up by sending them an email as suggested, but I've only gotten an automated reply thus far saying that their email volume is high.

I'm hoping they get back to me soon.

Same thing happened to me, they totally skipped me in line and said their system showed a different backer number for me. They fixed it and sent me all the prep emails in the same day. Support was really good about it but I had already asked @KellCam_Virtuix about it so I think he helped expedite the fix a bit. Hope you get your stuff sorted out mate. Mine is suppose to arrive tomorrow and I can't use it for another 2 weeks thanks to this bloody move haha. The sorrows and joys of buying a new house.
    Backer 614 I just received my unit today WOOT WOOT!