So has anyone here gotten the email yet?

Comments

• Fan47Fan47 Posts: 17
    @sutekiB Great, thank you for the information. If this pace continues I should be looking forward to getting mine mid-May.
  • Cate54Cate54 Posts: 3
    I promised to write when I got my email about my Omni. I received it this afternoon. I am Kickstarter backer #1451.
  • XainXain Posts: 110
    @Fan47 Do you also have a preorder number? From my understanding Kickstarter backers had to use a voucher and preorder the Omni on the site when it launched right? Or am I mistaken?
    @Xain I do, I did complete the preorder sign-up on the website (a little late as I had also preordered the rack and had the coupon code issue!), but I have been using the backer numbers to track Virtuix's progress in fulfilling the orders.
    @Fan47 So in other words the 2k preorders before me could all be kickstarter orders and once thats theough I could be one of the first people with preorders to recieve an omni? Thats just my wishful thinking.
  • travis1409travis1409 Posts: 95
    Back 1693 and I just received my first email today.
  • piebald3piebald3 Posts: 2
    Backer 1837, got ready to ship email about 3 hours ago.
  • JoeJoe Posts: 57
    Wow 1693 and 1837 on the same day! Moving through the orders, thats exciting!
    I got the email!!! 2198.
    Fan47 said:

I got the email!!! 2198.

We're getting close boys! Looking at the Virtuix Omni Kickstarter page I got the following:

3,249 backers pledged $1,109,351 to help bring this project to life.

So that's 1051 left before we get to preorders AND that's not taking into the fact that some of those could be canceled International orders or people who donated but did not donate enough to get an Omni.
    So hard to predict still. If theyre at 250 a month because of inspections then maybe fall preorders will start. If theyre doing 1000 a month because of inspections dropping off plus ramping then it could be a month. Bit at least it feels like this year. Im still shocked at the absolute lack of social media presence...Id expect articles, maker projects, blogs, reddit and even here to fore up with reviews, mods, impressions, tips etc. Its like a ghosttown with a few here and there 'I got it' and then few followups. I want to know of it's amazing, if it's intuitive, if it gets better, if playing various games with vorpx feels 'right' etc
  • pbjrpbjr Posts: 2
    Hello fellow backers. Just received my Omni yesterday. Shoes come in tomorrow. Backer # 1518.
    @pbjr when did you pay your shipping? I payed from mine on the 6th and I'm still waiting on it.
  • pbjrpbjr Posts: 2
    edited April 26

@pbjr when did you pay your shipping? I payed from mine on the 6th and I'm still waiting on it.

I paid on 4/5. You must be real close now.

Just to add. I received the your order is ready to ship on the 3rd. I had to change my shoes from 11 to 10. It took a few days from them to get back to me.

• flamaestflamaest Posts: 35
    I'm Online USA pre-Order: #1465 (not kickstarter). Any guesses of when I might get my shipping email?
    I think I'm in the preorder 1400s as well. From what I can see, they haven't gotten through the kickstarter orders yet, so we're a ways out. They can't say how far, because they're getting cancellations still apparently, and havent' revealed how many they're shipping to people per month (They just say what kickstarter number they're on). They haven't said if they're not doing Austin inspections. From what we can 'guess', they're putting out 250 a month to the US, and there may be another 1000 kickstarters left. Chinese mfg. shuts down for a month for new years, and container ships can stay docked for several weeks around xmas. We could be a year out.

Or they could have scaled, skipped inspections, and a bunch of cancellations and overseas preorders could be before us, and we could be getting a mail next week. It's really a toss up till they get more transparent
  • mugenmugen Posts: 4
    Got my email today, kickstarter 2679.
    My Omni arrived this morning but my dam shoes aren't getting here until Monday! I wish I would've gotten the option to express ship the shoes.
    Argh that has to be maddening! But...hey Monday your wait's over, and you'll get to enjoy it! Please let us know what you think...there's alot of 'I got my omni, here's a quick first impression, and then...they vanish from the forums...and I wonder if they're having a blast with it, or if it's huge buyers regret, or if they just get busy..etc.

Super stoked for ya, I know you've been waiting forever
    Not quite patiently but yeah I've been waiting since 2013. I get on and check the forums almost daily so I'll post updates or just message you if people get tired of hearing about it. Knowing my luck it will show up after I go to work so I'll have to wait until Tuesday.
    I got the shoes in early and I am loving it so far. The movement doesn't feel natural at all at first. After you're in the game though you start to get the hang of it really fast though. I have only played the three games provided so far. Unfortunately, I have military duty this weekend so I won't be able to play on it much until Monday. Then I'll try out some other games for it. As of right now I am very satisfied. My only issue with it is the harness digs into my hips a little as I play. I'll do some experimenting on it later to see if I ca't find a solution because i may be wearing it to low or something.
  • WombatcaveWombatcave Posts: 36
    Joe said:

Argh that has to be maddening! But...hey Monday your wait's over, and you'll get to enjoy it! Please let us know what you think...there's alot of 'I got my omni, here's a quick first impression, and then...they vanish from the forums...and I wonder if they're having a blast with it, or if it's huge buyers regret, or if they just get busy..etc.

Super stoked for ya, I know you've been waiting forever

I have had mine for a couple months now, and fully intended on being far more active on the forums, youtube, etc. but simply haven't had that much free time with work and kids. Considering I myself am blown away with how well it works as well as my friends that try it, I am assuming most people are like me and the 9 to 5 becomes too much of a burden.
    Virtuix Omni - Mar.11 | HTC Vive | Oculus Rift | Logitech G25 | Saitek X52 PRO |
    I7 3820 16 gig RAM GTX 970 250gb SSD
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/thewombatcave
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vrcave/
    Yeah Wombat Ive actually been following your youtube vids and channel! Youre one of the few that actually has a presence online for Virtuix, and if they arent raining swag down on you for promoting it they should be. I am glad to hear you really like it, that's good to hear.
  • gleamingsandsgleamingsands Posts: 275
    I fully intend to be doing the dance myself with my channel as soon as I'm provided the opportunity. I was interested in backing during the Kickstarter phase but had not near enough cash at that moment to put down on something like this. Now it's looking good, pre-orders will start shipping late this year most likely, and I'll be able to put my studio to use.

Incidentally, I've done an insane amount of work to my studio room. New lighting, new green screen tracking, chromakey flooring, a complete refurbishment. It's going to be great, and the centerpiece, once I have it, will be the Omni. @Wombatcave, I'm more than jealous of your having your unit, I bet it's everything I'm sure you had your family excited for all that time. Maybe we'll be able to do a collaboration in the future.
  • piebald3piebald3 Posts: 2
    Just arrived. Got my ready to ship on 4/7, and I just hoofed it all in the house just before it started raining. Of course my shoes aren't coming until Monday and I have an entire weekend where it's going to be crappy weather. Would've been perfect. *Sigh* I don't think I've ever been so eager for a Monday to arrive.
  • WombatcaveWombatcave Posts: 36

I fully intend to be doing the dance myself with my channel as soon as I'm provided the opportunity. I was interested in backing during the Kickstarter phase but had not near enough cash at that moment to put down on something like this. Now it's looking good, pre-orders will start shipping late this year most likely, and I'll be able to put my studio to use.

Incidentally, I've done an insane amount of work to my studio room. New lighting, new green screen tracking, chromakey flooring, a complete refurbishment. It's going to be great, and the centerpiece, once I have it, will be the Omni. @Wombatcave, I'm more than jealous of your having your unit, I bet it's everything I'm sure you had your family excited for all that time. Maybe we'll be able to do a collaboration in the future.

Absolutely, VR has become a passion of the entire family. Currently I am kinda stuck as there are not many games fully supporting the Omni. I can play any number of Legacy titles via VorpX, but it makes most people sick as it isn't the same. Hoping as more units ship a greater number of Devs, and modders for that matter, will get involved and create content for the Omni. Makes me wish I had not changed from my Computer Science major as my programming skills are pretty much useless now I have been out of it for so long.

BTW, jealous of the studio setup, not sure I could talk my wife into that level of commitment, lol.
    Virtuix Omni - Mar.11 | HTC Vive | Oculus Rift | Logitech G25 | Saitek X52 PRO |
    I7 3820 16 gig RAM GTX 970 250gb SSD
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/thewombatcave
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vrcave/
    Do you find that games or experiences are better for Omni? I am planning on developing for it simce there are so few SDK experiences. If you think you'd take it up as a hobby, I recommend investigating unity...you can do quite alot with plugins and assets before you have to code, and there are tons of videos that can teach you the basics quickly.

I think as planning either a workout running game or a museum experience where the exhibits would be 'actual soze' such as a space shuttle or the statue of liberty
  • mugenmugen Posts: 4

Kickstarter #2679, delivery expected 05/22.
    One package, 258 lbs.
    If every single one of the backers after Mugen ordered an Omni AND is a backer in the states then there is only a maximum of 570 backers who need their Omni's shipped to them. Fellow Pre-orders, our time is nearly upon us!
    @Joe I have been playing on it for days and I have some complaints and some praises. The shoes are a little uncomfortable. I wish they would have come up with a way to slip the pods and the bottom onto an existing shoe instead of using those uncomfortable Omni Shoes. I love playing games in the Omni but I can only play in it for so long before my feet start to hurt. I am hoping that in the coming weeks, as I plan to play on it daily, my feet will adjust and it will feel better walking and running on it. The three games have yet to bore me so far but i am going to have to start buying and modding new games or find a way to get some Legacy games working for it because I will eventually get tired of them. Since I have absolutely 0 experience in coding, modding, or even adjusting with the settings on games, this will be a challenge for me but I think I will figure it out. I am REALLY looking forward to some more native Omni games. I am still getting used to running. I have been using the TRAVR game to get used to it though, having to dodge lasers and bullets and stuff is a great way to get used to moving around. If it weren't for the harness, I would have fallen more times than I can count. Although, the harness does seem to slip up on my body when I'm running sometimes. Maybe I should have gotten a small instead of a medium? I don't want to have to buy a smaller one. REALLY wish there were a place I could've tried it out so I could have gotten the sizing right. All in all though, I am still extremely happy with it.