So has anyone here gotten the email yet?

123457»

Comments

• JoeJoe Posts: 76
    Thanks!!! That is awesome to know! Hopefully feedback like that will help them also. Do you happen to have wide feet? I noticed when they offered shoes it didn't seem to have wide sizes as an option. I have over a decade of dev experience, but am new to Unity and the Unreal engines. I'm hoping to generate software to help the gaps if I enjoy the product. Ive gained weight since my order so will probably have to order larger harnesses sadly, though I'm probably a few months out. Do you feel like it is getting more natural when in VR, or did it start out feeling natural?
  • flamaestflamaest Posts: 46
    Great info! I was able to try the Omni on at CES and so was able to confirm my selections for the harness and shoes were correct. I agree that without this verification step, I would have been concerned about having picked the right sizes.
  • adminadmin Posts: 166
    Thanks for the feedback! We have a lot of games in the pipeline that will support the Omni natively. Below is a temporary list of games available today that work well with the Omni (either natively, in Keyboard mode, or with the Gear VR):

• The Bellows (Native)
    • VRZ Torment (Native)
    • Alice VR (Keyboard)
    • AltspaceVR (Keyboard)
    • The Assembly (Keyboard)
    • Chernobyl VR Project (Keyboard)
    • Dreadhalls (Keyboard)
    • Heaven Forest NIGHTS (Keyboard)
    • Heaven Forest – MMO (Keyboard)
    • MIND: Path to Thalamus (Keyboard)
    • Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter (Keyboard)
    • Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter (Keyboard)
    • The Solus Project (Keyboard)
    • AFFECTED – The Manor (Bluetooth – Gear VR)
    • Dreadhalls (Bluetooth – Gear VR)
    • The Harbinger Trial (Bluetooth – Gear VR)
    • Minecraft Gear VR Edition (Bluetooth – Gear VR)
    • Neverout (Bluetooth – Gear VR)
  • travis1409travis1409 Posts: 118
    @Joe It does not yet feel natural. Feels like something I would play in an arcade, not in my house. I never get lost in the experience and forget that I'm in a game or anything. Mostly because the Harness keeps slipping up or I keep slipping down. It might be because the harness is too large but I REALLY don't want to pay another 300 dollars for a smaller harness. Makes me wish they would have made the harness adjustable, make it one size fits all. If I can find a sweet spot for the harness to not slip around on me that would be great but right now it's really breaking the game for me. My feet aren't abnormally wide. I fit into a size 7 1/2 running shoes just fine and ordered a size 8 because I figured that I would rather it be too big than too small. I might try and solve the feet issue with an insert and see if that helps. @flamaest I could never make it to any of the cons they were at so I never got to try it. Now I'm either stuck with the wrong size or I have to drop another 300$ on a new harness.
    I wonder if Virtuix will work with you to exchange the harness for a small shipping fee. i would argue that your unit is still 'new' ish . You should call them
    @admin Is what @flamaest said possible?
  • adminadmin Posts: 166
    Hi Travis, sorry to hear that. Perhaps try propping up the harness by placing a towel between your back and the back of the harness?
    Crazy that a device they tried to sell for 500 now has a piece that is 300. I didnt realize that price jump...I hope to heck my harness fits
    I suppose I could try and rig something up to try and make the harness fit better but it sucks that I have to do that or spend the price of a new console on another one. @Joe I ordered a medium because I assumed that it would be adjustable down to a smaller size. I wear size medium shirts because I've gained weight. I hope to lose it soon with the help of the omni and was thinking that the Medium harness would fi better because it's easier to adjust when something is to big that when it's too small.
    Given your situation, the towel might be best because otherwise it will be hard to share the Omni if others are bigger than you. On the other hand, if your harness was too small, I would push for an exchange.
    Based on the Admins response, I'm guessing that an exchange just flat out won't happen.
    And here I didn't think they could treat the Kickstarter backers any worse
    I definitely hear what you're saying and I'd really like for virtuix to respond to this. This seems like something that could happen, since a lot of people placed their pre-orders many years ago and we're guessing at the size of things that they needed. I can't imagine that virtuox would leave you high and dry if you cannot use what you just bought. This would go very badly for them. Virtuix, I think you need to answer this question.
  • XainXain Posts: 122
    @travis1409 Hm, would it not be possible to make your own harness based on the one that comes with it? This probably isn't in most peoples skillset but I'll try to make a tutorial when I get mine. I do cosplay, propmaking, sewing and leatherwork.
  • gleamingsandsgleamingsands Posts: 280
    @travis1409 I'm glad to see you're happy man, I really want mine but know how far fetched it is for me to expect to receive it any time soon. I'm also afraid of missing my email when, sometime next year presumably, I get my Omni. Triggered.
    @admin Is there any chance in the future for us to be able to order the accessories?
    Exactly: "I'm also afraid of missing my email" I get so much freaking SPAM that it would be better if Virtuix also would please try and send a text to buyers.
    @Xain I am not skilled at sewing or crafting of any sort so I'm not sure if it would be at all possible to make one for myself. There may be a way to create an insert within the existing harness that makes it smaller for me but I would have no idea how to make it. If you make one when your Omni comes and can ship it to me then I would gladly buy it. I'm just not able, at this time, to buy another one for 300$ and Idk when I would have that kind of disposable income again that I would be willing to spend on that. This morning, I tightened it as much as I possibly could and it didn't move around on me nearly at all but since I am steadily loosing my gut I imagine that this solution will only work for so long. I don't think the @admin are willing to do an exchange @flamaest.
    I have seen these (below) at ROSS stores for 5 bucks. You can get a couple of them and wrap them around your waist, done.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDYRWV7
    @flamaest Lol more waist constriction, yay!

Still, not a bad thought.
    Heads up, the latest email from virtuix landed in my spam folder, from June 1st. I almost never go in my spam folder but I guess I have to now. It would be better if virtux also texted or called people.
123457»