Zombie FPS 'Lop Nor Zombie' - Vote for Omni Support!

sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,045
edited October 2016 in Coming Soon
Hi guys, here's a great VR Zombie FPS on Steam that I think would be perfect for the Omni. Locomotion is handled by teleportation in the current build, but you can get an idea of how much fun free roaming in this game would be from the video below, which I believe is from a developer build (it even shows strafing!).

The game is very reminiscent of parts of Resident Evil 2, with abandoned cars and streets full of zombies. It has some awesome mechanics that make great use of the Vive controllers: picking up and loading ammunition into the gun, throwing grenades, etc. I love how after you load the ammo you still have to chamber the round with a separate motion - this really notches up the tension as the zombies shuffle ever closer to you.

The poll may look a little one-sided (but then why wouldn't you want Omni support?) - my hope is that we as a community can rally behind games that would benefit from integration and show developers that we like their game and want Omni support! I know we'll get more activity here once more of us have received our Omnis, but let's make a start and show our spirit! You can also 'vote' directly on the Steam page here (e.g. "+1 for Omni support"): http://steamcommunity.com/app/521860/discussions/0/350544272215668223/

Current status: Developer considering Omni support for next version.
Community Manager at Virtuix

Zombie FPS 'Lop Nor Zombie' - Vote for Omni Support! 9 votes

Yes! I would love for this game to feature Omni support! (Decoupled movement, analogue speed)
88% 8 votes
No, I would not like this game to not have Omni support. (See what I did there?)
11% 1 vote
Other.
0% 0 votes

Comments

• xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    LOL clever @sutekiB

Or should I say your not being un-clever.
  • It's a great fun game for the price but ultimately it's really short. I really hope the dev expands this further.
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 147
    they don't seem to have any interest in adding it. too bad
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,045
    @RABID - well they said they'd consider it for the next version - which hopefully means the next major update. Games are patched all the time. In fact I asked another developer if they could add keyboard support so I could play their game with the Omni; two weeks later they added WASD back in! That was Chernobyl VR if you're curious - so asking does get results sometimes.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 147
    thats jus it though, by version do they mean update or Lop Nor Zombie 2?
  • @RABID - usually people will refer that to the next game or the sequel. version implies that it is an update to the same game, though it may not be until a major update, not just a minor one.