Has anyone received their orders?

Hiya, has anyone received their order yet? If so what number were you in line?

Comments

• DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    Nope... but when I do I'll be posting for sure! I'm pretty sure the shipment JUST arrived this week to their center in Texas so they are still undergoing inspection before being sent out. (I'm backer 614)
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 308
    edited November 2016
    @vandel212 - no one who actually posts here seems to have gotten one (outside of the pathfinders) but Virtuix already made a news announcement stating that the very first kickstarter backer received their Omni. That was the last day of October, so the inspection is probably going literally one by one. This batch is only 200-300 omnis, so @DanteM will probably get his in the next batch, receiving his sometime in late Dec to early Jan, depending on how long testing takes, and how slow shipping is during peak holiday season.
  • I'm number 1926, ordered in august 2013. Not received anything. Hoping for something before summer 2017.
  • I forget where I read it, but it was on the viruix site, but based their production estimates I thought they were supposed to ship out 500 in July then ramping up to 2000/month by end of year. I'm 9000 something and was expecting it March of 2017... guess that went out the window :(
  • @vandel212 - dude, that info is SUPER OUTDATED. They were still running the pathfinder program and finding things that needed fixed back in July. They announced actual hard numbers back in August or September, and they specified 200-300 shipping in October, 800ish in November, 1000 in December, and 1000-2000 per month in the following months. That specified shipments FROM China, which confused a lot of people, Virtuix just announced that they got the first Kickstarter backer his Omni at the end of October. I would expect around Q3 for 2017 if you're over 9000.
    edited November 2016

@vandel212 - dude, that info is SUPER OUTDATED. They were still running the pathfinder program and finding things that needed fixed back in July. They announced actual hard numbers back in August or September, and they specified 200-300 shipping in October, 800ish in November, 1000 in December, and 1000-2000 per month in the following months. That specified shipments FROM China, which confused a lot of people, Virtuix just announced that they got the first Kickstarter backer his Omni at the end of October. I would expect around Q3 for 2017 if you're over 9000.

It's over 9000!!!

It would be super slick of Virtuix to give us frequent weekly milestone updates on the forums like "Backer number 1, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300 (etc) just shipped." or like " we have now sent out X amount of units to our backs" "currently working on backer number X's order" just so we can see that there is progress and help calm some of the questions.
  • I am in China。 I found out that our country's Hero and Co are selling OMNI. But the price is high 26888RMB two units. Since you are unable to guarantee the support of kickstarter. So why can Chinese companies sell them? And shipped in December. I booked it in 2014, so it's not fair to the subscribers...

I am in China。 I found out that our country's Hero and Co are selling OMNI. But the price is high 26888RMB two units. Since you are unable to guarantee the support of kickstarter. So why can Chinese companies sell them? And shipped in December. I booked it in 2014, so it's not fair to the subscribers...

Wait what? Link that please. There are other companies selling Omni's and the Kickstarters don't even have ours yet wtf?
  • Hello @chenhan198405,
    We do have a partner in China that will be handling sales of the Omni throughout Asia. We don't have any updates for your region at this time, but we'll notify you with any shipping news as soon as we have some.
  • @DanteM - follow this link and read down from there. There isn't really any sign that Hero is actively shipping any units, basically they may be taking pre-orders the same way as over here.
    Though now that I think about it. I know there is some other platform, called Kat or something like that, which is supposed to provide similar mobility, and is only available in China. It may be possible that Virtuix is letting Hero push out units early just to ensure that the competitors don't get too large of a foothold. It's a little frustrating for those kickstarters and pre-orders over here who haven't gotten theirs yet, but it's an important business strategy and might go a long way to ensuring that virtuix becomes a standard for developers to consider including in their code. Sure the Omni can simulate a joystick, but that is an utterly gimped option compared to supporting the Omni natively.
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,057
    it's an important business strategy and might go a long way to ensuring that virtuix becomes a standard for developers to consider including in their code. Sure the Omni can simulate a joystick, but that is an utterly gimped option compared to supporting the Omni natively.
    I want to pick up on this point made by @GreyAcumen. The sales of VR displays is lower than many were anticipating, which is why we haven't seen much content from AAA developers. Many publishers aren't yet willing to invest in the medium, given the small install base. As a proportion of that, the number of Omnis that will be in homes in the next year or two is even smaller. This results in a content problem. For VR to thrive (especially VR gaming), developers need an incentive to make free-roaming content. A big incentive will come from the Omni being available in VR arcades. Its presence will support content developers, and incubate a growing catalog of great VR games that utilize the Omni's features.

Supplying the arcade market in China will not only drive development of content, the licensing fees will also help Virtuix stay funded in this early period of the industry. So, while I understand and empathize with anyone who feels frustrated by the delays, I want to share my positive perspective of the Omni's appearance in arcades.

Community Manager at Virtuix
  • Which is great but you are currently enjoying yours. As deserved ,as you were such an early Kickstarters so that takes the desire to own one away. Suki the truth is eight thousand angry customers flooding the Internet with hate for the company will hurt it a lot more then lack of content. Most of thier customer base anticipate playing legacy games regardless. And prioritizing anyone over us is unacceptable.

eight thousand angry customers flooding the Internet with hate for the company will hurt it a lot more then lack of content

Over the last two+ years, we've seen many attacks on the very notion of making VR content that allows people to move freely in first person. Virtuix is leading the resistance, standing up to that negativity and saying "no, it is possible - here's how". For this reason, I actually spend less time using my Omni than I do trying to help this company be successful. What would make me angry is if I allowed it to fail, and the dream of being able to move naturally in a virtual world died with it. I think that we'd all eventually come to feel the same way if the Omni could never be used to be play anything beyond legacy games. I bought something recently that was faulty, and the seller refused to give me my money back. Not only that, they were rude to me. Was I angry about it? Of course. Virtuix cares about everyone who has supported the company, and wanted to prioritise them over anyone else - you can be sure that they wouldn't go back on that pledge unless it was absolutely necessary. I hope that by doing the right thing - offering refunds in the face of these delay, this community will not withdraw its support from a company that I still believe has a vital role in the future of virtual reality.
  • I wanna share that dream,but I like many am starting to wake up to it. I guess in the end it'll be couple hundred Kickstarters and a bunch of Chinese arcades .But I want to commend you on being an awesome supporter and human being. Though I can't help but wonder how you would feel waiting with the rest of us. My reality is I'm 40 and not in the best of health and was looking forward to this product as a realization of a childhood dream now I figure probably won't see it happen..
  • XainXain Posts: 122
    @sutekiB Seriously dude, sometimes when I see your patient posts and know you have an Omni I really wanna **** post everywhere in spite....
    Since I'm better than that though instead, How's that ass lookin' m8? I bet your legs are chisled like D.C. comic book's Flash. But really I don't know if you've said anything in regards to your stamina. Such as were you able to play as long as you wanted at first or did you hit a point of, 'Wow, I'm tired and need a water."
  • @Nossforra2 - where are you getting these 8000 angry customers? Why specifically are you/they waking up now, in light of Omni units ACTUALLY SHIPPING TO KICKSTARTERS? Why is it so unacceptable that a Chinese partner that invested in them, probably helped ensure their factory is running properly, and is ensuring their sales in China (who has the strongest competitor on the market) happens to get part of the Omni units being produced. Why should China have to wait for multiple months for units to ship to the US when China is the one supplying those units? Virtuix needs to do a USA level quality assurance for USA members, but China has its own standards, and the inspections that are done over there are most likely enough for China.
    If you want to get SUPER technical and stick all the way to "well Virtuix PROMISED that kickstarters would get their Omni units first, and then preorders would happen in first come first serve basis" then more than likely Virtuix could come back with a technicality of their own; the omni units being sold in China are going through Hero, and so they may not TECHNICALLY be counted as Virtuix's units. If part of the deal for Virtuix to Omni units from the factory is for some of those units to first go to Hero, then what can you do? Would you rather get your units in the next year after China has already gotten some units of their own, or would you rather Virtuix told the Chinese Partners "no deal" and have to wait 2 or 3 more years to find a new partner willing to produce those units while getting none of their own and STILL wind up with knockoffs getting sold without Virtuix's permission or profit?
    This is basically my whole issue with your argument; you are too busy finding fault with what Virtuix has promised to even consider that doing all this IS actually getting the Omni units into your hands faster. It's like waiting in line at a rollercoaster AS it is being built, and complaining that the guys bringing in the parts to build the coaster are getting to cut in line.

@Xain - I don't know if it'll help your spite, but the fact is all of us pathfinders are STILL waiting. You still get to dream about how awesome the Omni unit is going to be and all the potential, but we're stuck with being completely aware of what it is capable of and what it isn't, and also acutely aware that the things it still lacks can only come from developers that will never develop for it unless it actually gets support. There's another thread in here that is talkign about Doom providing PROPER Vive support, and one of the things that came up is just how much of a difference it makes to be able to use the controllers properly, as opposed to tacking on HMD support through VorpX and the like, the same thing would be just as true for Omni support.
  • Nossforra2Nossforra2 Posts: 84
    edited December 2016
    Grey acumen, it bothers me because it's not what was told to me,then it was specifically told that that Chinese partners were not going to the front, Jan said it himself in a blog,then it changed .and once again with all respect you have the ability to use your product you paid for so regardless of your concern for the future of the industry and the inclusion of a SDK in upcoming software ,You have yours so your disappointment isn't the same as ours. I'm not saying I expect my Omni tommorrow but you know as well as me this will delay at least several months if not longer (let's be honest probably a year) meanwhile the Doom 3bfg in VR, was a Mod an introduction of an SDK by a average guy and made it feel as if it's always meant to be that way, I assume it'll happen to a few games for omni as well, To sum it up I'm greatly discouraged by Omni's current actions and I assure you I'm just the vocal part of the group to be honest most people after three years probably figured it wasn't gonna happen and moved on and don't frequent these forums but when they start seeing the product they paid for all over the media at Chinese arcades I suspect we will hear more from them then.
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 308
    edited December 2016
    @Nossforra2 - Things change. New information is made available, and it's not until you build something that you can test it out to see what does and doesn't work. The Omni has been through about 3 or 4 different updates, including switching from capacitive tracking to the pods system. Each iteration of the Omni required building a couple units, testing it out, finding problems, and then building completely new units with the changes in place. All of that takes time, but it's also completely impossible to know how many more issues you're going to find. More than likely, they would have been able to stick to their initial projections if they hadn't taken the opportunity to improve the product several times over. Theoretically, the first prototype could have worked perfectly, in which case we'd all have our units already, but that obviously didn't happen. In the meantime they gave us the projections they were hoping to hit, but ended up not hitting.
    Certainly they could have stood to be a grow a little more conservative on their projections, but I've never gotten the impression that they've ever intended to mislead anyone. I get that not having an Omni already in hand makes every week feel more like a giant bamboozle, but the most I can do for you on that is point out that I didn't even know these forums existed until after I heard the Pathfinder announcement and started applying for it, so the fact that I managed to get into the pathfinder program and have been testing it out and giving feedback pretty much guarantees that they intend on actually pushing this product out to the people who have pre-ordered it.

Personally, I'd have liked it better if they had gone with a hybrid capacitive+pods system, but I'm definitely glad they didn't try to do capacitive by itself like how the prototypes worked.

I'm not saying I expect my Omni tomorrow but you know as well as me this will delay at least several months if not longer (let's be honest probably a year)

What delay? Virtuix has been saying, since August, that 250-300 units would ship from China in September, and then ramp up from there. Their latest post says "the Containers" (plural) and "each container holds 54 units",(5x54 = 270) takes 6 weeks (end of september + october + beginning of novermber = 6 weeks) so they've pretty been right on time with what they've been telling us for several months now, and specifically they've been on time ever since they wrapped up the pathfinder program and decided there was nothing else they needed to improve.
    There's nothing that implies, nor is there any reason to believe that ANY of the units that are being sold in China are in any way being stolen out of Virtuix's "stash". They aren't "going to the front" they ARE the front; Virtuix isn't manufacturing the Omni for China, China is manufacturing the Omni for Virtuix.
    How's that ass lookin' m8? I bet your legs are chisled like D.C. comic book's Flash.

@Xain I'm actually really out of shape at the moment from answering emails and of course, posting on the forum! But I love my community and always want to put you guys first.
    @Nosforra2 I would like people who did request refunds to still frequent the forums and stay involved, even if it's to complain. When there's a problem in a relationship it's normal to argue - because you care about the person and want things to get better. If you're really not interested in a person or product, you just ignore it. I think that activity here has always been a little less than expected, and I put that down to most people not having had the chance to try it and form an opinion. I appreciate anyone who despite that, still wants to spend their valuable time sharing their views.
  • @SutekiB - On the internet, there's nothing like a good argument to get everyone to bring out as many facts as facts as fast as possible, like ammo production in a war.
  • Listen I love this product and forum, I'm upset over changing directions with thier China based Capitol partners. And there has been a change just reading the Kickstarter updates confirms that if you need me too I will track and copy and paste,I'm in for the long haul but when I feel they are not being upfront with their original Capitol investors the people that belived in thier dream, then I'm gonna call it out as I see it. And regardless if you belive it or not a good portion of the people that still care ,agree with me. But what's gonna hurt the company is when someone offers a viable solution quicker then Omni delivers.
  • AscensiAscensi Posts: 118
    @sutekiB delivering the kickstart backers and early pre-orders of Omni's to china based licensed operators will likely spawn more Asian based game development.. an imbalance to the rest of World who helped support Virtuix from the beginning. and now it may become a forgotten dream for the rest of us - remembered as a company that sold out years ago. If Jan dishonors the kickstart backers and preorders by giving their units to the China based licensed operators who will trust Virtuix anymore except for China or whomever buys the bigger batch.. because if they sell everyone else out giving the product to someone else they can/will do it again, and again etc. NOT TRUSTWORTHY/RESPECTFUL
    About keeping Virtuix running, Virtuix has funding everywhere, 2.1 Million or so during startup.. then the 6/7 MILLION in Seed investments and likely the profit each Omni makes. -Virtuix is well funded and didn't need to take other people's purchases away from them to give to another.. this doesn't sound like it recently had to happen.. the arrangement to give away order of owner ship from this deal wasn't spoken of in the first blog we heard of the big Chinese partnership.

There are people everywhere that want to use Omnis for business, I'm one of them, they would of had the funding they needed from everyone PLUS the investments etc. Should the investors pull out? game development will now be slower than ever to make Omni Native games outside of China.
    6/7 MILLION in Seed investments and likely the profit each Omni makes. -Virtuix is well funded and didn't need to take other people's purchases away from them to give to another.. this doesn't sound like it recently had to happen.. the arrangement to give away order of owner ship from this deal wasn't spoken of in the first blog we heard of the big Chinese partnership.

@Ascensi the decision to divert stock allocation was recent. There are a number of factors contributing to it. Take for example the time needed to inspect these early units - the full extent of this was not anticipated back when the partnerhsip was announced. Virtuix is well funded, but it's also very expensive to produce, ship and service so many units over an extended period of time. The plan was originally to fulfil the backer Omnis ahead of the commercial China market. It hasn't worked out that way sadly, so there is now a difficult balancing act, but be in no doubt that Virtuix does care about backers and pre-order customers.

I like to think that a thriving VR arcade scene in China will have a ripple effect over here, and there is stock being allocated to western developers as well.
    edited December 2016
    sutekiB said:

I like to think that a thriving VR arcade scene in China will have a ripple effect over here, and there is stock being allocated to western developers as well.
    Yes but no customers/gamers in the West to play them ;)
    @Ascensi There are the western orders being fulfilled, but there's also an element of proving that demand is there. Sales of VR HMDs aren't that great, and some are questioning:

1) Are regular gamers that excited about playing games in VR?
    2) Is it even possible to play free-roaming games in VR without getting sick?

Prove both points to be true in the Chinese market, and developers in the West will soon take note!
  • @Ascensi - it takes about 2-3 years to develop a decent game. I'd rather have the devs get them and start developing now and get mine in the interceding 2 years.
  • CheezWizCheezWiz Posts: 74
    edited December 2016

I wanna share that dream,but I like many am starting to wake up to it. I guess in the end it'll be couple hundred Kickstarters and a bunch of Chinese arcades .But I want to commend you on being an awesome supporter and human being. Though I can't help but wonder how you would feel waiting with the rest of us. My reality is I'm 40 and not in the best of health and was looking forward to this product as a realization of a childhood dream now I figure probably won't see it happen..

Nos, I too am in my 40's and have been stewing in the thought of this for so long. Just check out two of the books in my home library:

Those are from 1993 and 1994. I have a modified power glove packed away here somewhere along with a partially built headset. We are so close, I can taste it. I just am afraid that the youngsters who need to be buying this stuff, well pushing their parents to buy it, do not understand how amazing a leap all of this is from the "VR" we had as children looking at our 3D view masters. I am not sure there are enough of us 40 year old dreamers out there.

I am currently putting this together to use with my rift:

Cannot wait to play Eve: Valkyrie and DCS A-10 flight sim in this..
    --------------------------------------
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Rift Backer #2,770 (That was a good one!)
    Middle Tennessee
    --------------------------------------
    edited December 2016
    @sutekiB most of everyone II know whom hasn't tried VR is very interested in it and the one's that I've shown with my HTC Vive are blown away. For the average user/gamer there has to be more purpose for them to buy the equipment for home and many of these are used to game consoles, not PCs so these gamers break down a bit due to unknown territory. Now then there are avid gamers, they will definitely buy units because it completes them ;) Back to average gamers.. when they are given a powerful VR experience they are drawn to it as long as they keep in the loop/experience of it -then they enter avid gamerhood..
    I think the VR HMDs makers could pay Virtuix some to keep VR thriving because they work together and need each other. Head gear is only so good by itself.. Virtuix I believe needs to promote HMDs as well as these other HMD manufactures NEED to promote the Omni otherwise sales/excitement of BOTH will decline. What will they pay Virtuix with? money budgeted for advertising. Also Virtuix should have a list of popular HMDs on their webstore to resell. I don't know who markets for Virtuix but something has to change. I'd buy more Vives through Virtuix to keep things on track and prevent further delays and other accessories.. the webstore is very limited. An EASY way to generate more money for Virtuix is to provide shirts made for businesses... colors and styles with custom branding, Lanyards -GET BUSINESSES READY! help deliver the means and an easy process to get VR businesses setup! In the meantime they could sell other VR equipment like the RotoVR chair or other such simulator equipment and make some profit -it wont conflict with selling omnis, they aren't selling anymore at this time and when it comes back would help complete arcades having all kinds of VR.. Virtuix could become the one stop shop that if everyone wanted to find the best they come here. Virtuix is now a business and not just a company that created an amazing product and to thrive as a business it must grow in many ways to keep up or cease to exist.

Virtuix WAS back on track delivering.. and my suggestion above could of really helped them because people would of been more accepting that the risks of dealing with them are mostly resolved due to the fact they were starting to deliver.. BUT NOW they are taking away/delaying customer units that would have got them sooner.. another delay.. so now trust is down.. what happens now if another country buys a bulk order for licensed businesses? it shows that Virtuix is willing to give away/delay customer units to other big buyers. I think that Virtuix should/could have said in the beginning that the shipping priority will be give to customers whom are either developers or for businesses whom have bought more than X number of units. Personally I have purchased 5 and planned to buy at least 5 - 8 more for acade and development.
  • @CheezWiz I completely understand, I am so invested at this point. Lol I built my own helmet as well actually met the guy who designed the Vive or at least one of them at a demo and he said it was fairly impressive for a amateur . At this point me and a buddy " mostly him" are looking into figuring out locomotion by using vive controllers to track feet movement just basically as an on off switch feet moving =forward kinda like a product called Stompz that didn't make thier kickstarter..pipe dream right now but hell gives us something to do while waiting for this Omni dream to happen. May I suggest Doom 3 bfg vr mod when you get a chance probably the best vr experience I've had to date. It is the first game to make me feel like I had presence and was literally someone/somewhere else.
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Nice setup @CheezWiz