DOOM 3 BFG HTC VIVE

On a lighter note, has any one tried Doom 3 bfg on vive? It is amazing and it still offers controller support Sukib it should be your next Video. Mods like that give me more hope for Vr . It's better then any content I've tried.

Comments

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,059
    @Nossforra2 Yes. Tried it. Awesome. Has the same decoupling as the GTA V and Minecraft mods. You can adjust walking and running speed independently and remap the actions on the Vive controller - a truly excellent mod! I will surely make a video at some point.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • I thought so,I'm telling you that mod alone rekindled my hope in V.R.
  • Hey sutekib Have you seen the "Serious Sam 1st encounter vr " early access on steam today..it's like Crotec the makers of the game,
    updated the game play and graphics of the 1st serious sam game for vr,,,,,,Dying to know if it's Any good with the omni?
    @Nossforra2, yes I've heard about the Serious Sam VR remake. I'm looking forward to trying it!
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    sutekiB said:

@Nossforra2, yes I've heard about the Serious Sam VR remake. I'm looking forward to trying it!

@Nossforra2 @sutekiB It's not that great, it's a wave based shooting with a few guns and familiar monsters. Far too easy even on the hardest difficulty and lacks any real feel of Serious Sam type play as there is no movement or cover or anything like that. You basically stand still shooting super weak monsters and then if they spit of throw anything at you then you shot the object to blow it up before it hits you. Think Time Crisis without the cover functions haha. It's fun but nothing to write home about.
  • Nossforra2Nossforra2 Posts: 84
    edited December 2016
    @DanteM That's last hope, they have took Serious sam 1st encounter and rebuilt it in the same engine as last hope. The first serious sam game made remade in vr with full locomotion control as well as teleporting and 16 player vs mode..somebody said the vs was awesome but people who teleport look like thier glitching and of course have an advantage...But still they say it's awsome.
    Yes, it has free-roaming locomotion, so it's very promising.

More info for anyone who'd like it:
    http://uploadvr.com/serious-sam-vr-first-encounter/
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/552450/
  • @SutekiB - With the steam winter sale up and running now, do you think you could slap together a quick list of VR games (and even non-VR games that have good VorpX support) available on steam that can be readily set up for joystick style support for the Omni?
    I'm not asking for a full setup guide, but just a basic list of games that have the general requirements needed to get that support. I've got an entire list of Vive games I'm planning to grab during the sale, and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything that could compliment the Omni experience. Particularly with all the people who wont be able to get theirs, I feel like I have a responsibility now to look for more opportunities to use mine
  • @GreyAcumen @sutekiB I'd be interested in that as well.

PS Suteki, where are the new vids man? I'm waiting.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    edited December 2016

@DanteM That's last hope, they have took Serious sam 1st encounter and rebuilt it in the same engine as last hope. The first serious sam game made remade in vr with full locomotion control as well as teleporting and 16 player vs mode..somebody said the vs was awesome but people who teleport look like thier glitching and of course have an advantage...But still they say it's awsome.

Oh man that teleporting stuff is so stupid haha.game looks cool I'll have to check it out. I like the Dpad motion like in Onward. ONWARD does VR locomotion right it's nice and smooth and works like a joystick, perfect for PvP with no motion sickness.
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Ya i just got Doom 3 BFG for a little over $6
    edited December 2016

@SutekiB - With the steam winter sale up and running now, do you think you could slap together a quick list of VR games (and even non-VR games that have good VorpX support) available on steam that can be readily set up for joystick style support for the Omni?
    I'm not asking for a full setup guide, but just a basic list of games that have the general requirements needed to get that support.

Hi @GreyAcumen, sure thing. I've created a new sub-category and thread for compatible games. I'll maintain a list of the ones I've tried here: http://forum.virtuix.com/discussion/2922/compatible-games-list#latest

I know of more that have the general requirements, but I'd like to restrict the list to ones that I've tested and recommend. Some of them may require guides to get them working comfortably, but we can create / share such guides in that sub-category (Comptaible Games). Thanks for the suggestion!