International Refund Program

Comments

• steffen1980steffen1980 Posts: 89
    edited December 2016
    @giroudf i already received my money. I hope you too?

If them thinking about to meet us again ^^

Never ^^

Good bye virtuix.

• Bye Steffan. Sorry we ain't running the Virtual halls together
  • giroudfgiroudf Posts: 127
    an interesting view about the omni and other trhreadmill
    http://mashable.com/2015/06/20/virtual-reality-treadmills/#0QX1eGMRukqx
    edited December 2016
    You doesn't need so much electronic. The Plastic is enough for movement. You only need sensors on your body for the tracking. I think it's better when all europeans going this way ;) and the best way is to going open source ^^
  • The tech must be on your body and not in a piece of already receycled plastic scrap ^^ bye bye
  • And i only talk about the consumers and not to the scrapsellers.
    edited December 2016
    an interesting thing come into my mind.
    did they take in account the currency change back to the date we pay ?

edited December 2016
    Yes i've got about 80 Euros more than i have paid. But really not worth about this long time. It's final about 17 - 18% i got back more for exactly ~2 years and 1 month.

You will get back in dollars with the actual course in paypal. That would be a little bit better to done with it but for me.. it's too less.
  • TomekTomek Posts: 76
    The currency difference is not a big deal. We're all likely to buy another treadmill, from Virtuix or someone else eventually. But it will cost more than the pre-order price...
    yes , i mean it is not a big deal, especially it is in our favor (between 18-25% ), but i was just thinking about where goes the money.
    IF i would be an investor, i would not be happy to see virtuix loosing money as well as customers.
  • We backed the project in USD, and we are getting refund in USD, no loss there.
    Paypal adds 2.5% to retail foreign exchange rate to make it equivalent to bank transactions when performing currency conversions.
    My guess is that if your Paypal Wallet is configured to use USD, you will not be losing any until you withdraw to local bank account.
    edited December 2016
    I paid 411 euros and get back 490 euros. Only for 2 years it's nothing and about these empty promises.
  • I sent many emails, but apparently I speak ALONE. I'm waiting for Virtuix for more than a year. You would due deliver on time. Now I DO NOT WANT IT more and I WANT immediate refound. I am OUTRAGED by your behavior.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    EkaDes said:

I sent many emails, but apparently I speak ALONE. I'm waiting for Virtuix for more than a year. You would due deliver on time. Now I DO NOT WANT IT more and I WANT immediate refound. I am OUTRAGED by your behavior.

just email them at the link they have provided a dozen or so times. They are refunded a lot of people currently so it will take some time. I don't plan on refunding mine as I live in the US and my heart is sad for everyone that is outside of the country that won't be able to get one until maybe 2.0 but it is a bleeding edge tech and these kind of things do happen sadly.

I paid 411 euros and get back 490 euros. Only for 2 years it's nothing and about these empty promises.

I'm glad you were able to get your money back mate best of luck on your adventures.
    Tomek said:

The currency difference is not a big deal. We're all likely to buy another treadmill, from Virtuix or someone else eventually. But it will cost more than the pre-order price...

I'm sure you'll see a few on Ebay when people that are in the US and pissed off get theirs and resell them for a few thousand a pop. I know I plan to hold mine near and dear and treat it like a sick puppy in fear of breaking it and how long it would take to get replacement parts haha.
  • Currently I'm give up,

I need my money back, waiting for email 1 week.. for noting ......
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    Gatxclub said:

Currently I'm give up,

I need my money back, waiting for email 1 week.. for noting ......

Email them again, You have to understand they have a MASSIVE amount of emails coming in from thousands of people asking for refunds so it will take some time.
    edited December 2016
    for those interested , the user manual of the omni
    https://fccid.io/2AHFN-PODV001

obviously the bullshit about supporting the omni is just an excuse since the only thing that contains complex electronics are the pods. (and these are darn easy to ship)
    the omni itself just contains a receiver for the pods (and a battery) . There is a description of LED code in the manual, mentionning calibration, but it there is no more details in the manual.
    I suspect the "calibration" is just a software utlity to adjust the pods, like any other wireless motion tracker or IMU from a drone or gimbal for example
    (EDtracker is going wirelss , so you could perfectly build your own omni).
    From the manual, the mechanic assembly is not more difficult than an IKEA furniture.

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,069
    Hi @giroudf, the Pods are not the only pieces that contain complex electronics - you cannot use the Pods on their own.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
    edited December 2016
    hoho, so what your pods need a receiver.
    the thing must be as complex as an xbox gamepad and its USB receiver. what a big deal...
    and you want us to connect an oculus with sensors and trackers and a cabela gun also ??
    you are right, i am just a dumb monkey and should stick to game on my android phone.
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    O neat the manual!
  • FR3DFR3D Posts: 18
    Thank you very very very much ... "Nordic with balun network " !!!
  • giroudf said:

for those interested , the user manual of the omni
    https://fccid.io/2AHFN-PODV001

obviously the bullshit about supporting the omni is just an excuse since the only thing that contains complex electronics are the pods. (and these are darn easy to ship)
    the omni itself just contains a receiver for the pods (and a battery) . There is a description of LED code in the manual, mentionning calibration, but it there is no more details in the manual.

As a person who actually has assembled and used an omni, I can assure you that there are plenty of other electronics besides just those. The ring itself has magnetic sensors that track the position of the harness (which allows it to determine what is "forward" and I think there is also some sort of processor that interprets the Omni's raw data and converts it to gamepad outputs, it's possible that could be done on PC side, but that would mean at least some sort of minimum PC specs, which have never been mentioned.

• I-want-my-omni.com we can build our own. This maybe our chance to create the open-omni with our ideas. Youre all welcome. I think in latest 2 weeks the page is done. That's not any magics ^^ i will work on this page where anyone of us presents ideas, solutions and and and like an blog and something. And i will nothing for that :-)
  • The pods are not the problem. We have so many cheap other tracking technology
  • FR3DFR3D Posts: 18
    @steffen.

du hast dir dein geld zurückgeben lassen ?! - ich werde kämpfen und das geld nicht annehmen - ich habe mir sagen lassen das virtuix verpflichtet ist die omnis rauszurücken -(sogar Kickstarter hat mir geraten mir einen Anwalt zu nehmen). Ich suche gerade einen der mich vertritt (Austin oder Houston).

I have an idea with walking on the spot - you need no omni any more than - the very fast tracking of the absolute position is not solved for me ( actually to slow) . but I can say if i play doom 3 bfg with walking on the spot it is very immersive.
    I will continiue - i ' have choosen the same nordic chips - omni used for the wireless - the tracking of the feet.
    I need a fast tracking of the absolute position - i'm thinking of 3 axis sensors + magnetic compass ( drones use these chips) ...

But maybe I can use the vive basestations - for tracking ? - Its open source I assume ...

all non omni user will search for their own solution now - because they want also walk in VR also - maybe we will find the the Holy Grail of walking in VR ... who needs the omni then ...

best regards
    edited December 2016
    you do not need a lot of electronics.
    after all you just need to know if you feet are moving or not to emulate the keyboard keys (AWDS or mouse emulation or joystick).
    there si amny ways to do it (FTIR for example, or sound location)
    All the software already exist. You can even reuse a wirelss xbox controller.
    if they are moving fast or slow.
    the direction can be taken from a stupid compass in the ring or on the user's belt.
    The plastic platform is the most difficult part since it is mechanic, heavy.
    you can build the support from plywood and use a carpet.
    the slipping surface will by fixed under the shoes (molded teflon or 3D printed nylon, we can easily print a mold with a 3D printer).
    it woudl probably cost less than 300$

edited December 2016
    We can produce the amounts of needed parts in china. I already have contacts to get them for a few cents or dollars, but first we should present our ideas. I never spend my money to real capitalists again ^^ i doesn't need more as to buy my parts by the cheapest way and only for me. 1 Package with 160kg costs about 100 - 120 euros from china to hamburg / germany. ^^ and then we can pickup it maybe to ourself. We have so many options i couldn't never stop to laugh. ;-)))we also have options from there to the rest of the world. And i think i'm not alone. I-want-my-omni.com - Open Omni - The OpenSource omnidirectional ^^ you're all welcome and worldwide :-)
    you do not need china, it is too far.
    In europe we got tons of cheap country, moslty est country (slovakia, slovenia, poland, romania, bulgaria).
  • In 2 weeks this will be available.
  • PS vr? I think we need only an Adapter or raspberry Pi ^^ we have so many options