International Refund Program

Comments

• AdminoAdmino Posts: 38
    I had an early pre-order and am still waiting for my refund, but I still agree with @GreyAcumen when it comes to @steffen1980 making many pointless posts.
    There is no requirement for Jan, SutekiB or any of the other Virtuix staff to monitor these forums, and although I think they should, I can understand them not wanting to read though negative message after negative message. Constantly posting such message will just stop them from reading the thread (or lock it -if they have such a function) which will make your posts self-defeating.

I was also very angry with Virtuix for their decision and for the way they implemented it, but in the end, international backers have very limited rights in this situation. Accept the money and move on.

First, rather than get angry and just cause yourself stress, I'd recommend just accepting the money, and either devoting your energy either to finding a local distributor for Virtuix or searching for a company that can produce their own treadmill (if you want to have nothing more to do with Virtuix).
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 988
    @Admino I am monitoring the forum. I'm tolerating more than I normally would, given the circumstances. I think people should be allowed to vent their frustration. If I see anyone spamming multiple threads, trolling, or other unacceptable behaviour then I will reluctantly step in.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 78
    its not the same but theres always this:
    http://www.wizdish.com/
    @sutekiB I'm glad to hear it. I wasn't accusing you or anyone of not doing it, but you are only human and it's not possible for you to sit watching every thread spamming the refresh button. There is no way for us to tell whether you are there or not until you actually post. If haven't posted for a while, you are either too busy to have seen any changes to that thread or are simply not viewing that thread because it would be too stressful (which would be perfectly understandable).

Anyway, I'm glad you are still monitoring this thread, no matter how painful it might be.
    I asked this earlier, but on the off chance of getting an answer, I'll ask it here.
    Is Virtuix's license with Hero Entertainment allow HE exclusive rights to the Omni in the entire Asian continent? Asia is not just China, but also consists of many other countries.
    If the main problem with shipping to non US-based customers is the cost of shipping when "servicing" and repairs are needed, then finding a local distributor in each location, who is willing to stock/produce parts and perform said servicing, would mitigate that problem. Is that a viable solution for Virtuix?
    Should I ask that question in an email to Virtuix instead of here or should I just not bother asking such a question because the real problem is something else?

• xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    I have to say the wizdish really looks like crap, regardless of now much decorative crap they attach to the support ring. Its not nearly wide enough and every video I have seen everyone holds on the the support ring. I really think the average person with half a brain could make there own ODT that's better than the wizdish.

It also looks like if anyone over 200lb skipped and fell they would just crush the support wring.
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 11
    sutekiB said:

@Admino I am monitoring the forum. I'm tolerating more than I normally would, given the circumstances. I think people should be allowed to vent their frustration. If I see anyone spamming multiple threads, trolling, or other unacceptable behaviour then I will reluctantly step in.

Like Admino, I am also seriously pissed, but also at 43 years of age old enough to realize I am up **** creek without a paddle and I am grateful to even get my money back (let alone the interest).
    I've also been watching the flurry of useless (at least to me as I only speak English) posts flow by and while the child part of me wants to see virtux have a 1000 page post of complaints from every backer, those flurry of posts were useless.

I also appreciate Virtux letting us stomp all over their yard without pulling out the stick too....

• @giroudf - the advice I gave, which might have helped if anyone bothered to listen to it, was; "If you're going to ask to have your Omni order switched to a US address, do so under the premise of it actually going to someone you know who is also similarly interested and don't say up front that you fully intend to have it shipped to yourself regardless, since that is a public statement of intention that makes Virtuix just as culpable as if they shipped it to you directly." Oh, but yeah, I guess I really do have no advice for YOU, since you've been banging on like that from before I even had a chance to give that advice. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is the best advice giving and it seem like no one is listening...
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 117
    edited December 2016

I'm an angry self centered idiot!

Dear god you are STILL here? Get your refund and stfu you aren't going to win any battles. You are just making a fool of yourself. I really hope they ban your spamming @$$ from the forums. You aren't bothering the company even half as much as the community lol.

I also appreciate Virtux letting us stomp all over their yard without pulling out the stick too....

@MarkH The way I see it, the forum is here to serve all members of the community, not promote the company's image. Dissent and open dissatisfaction with the company is fine, as long as forum members are treating each other respectfully. With that said, @DanteM - your comment to steffen1980 is a bit hostile. Please refrain from using swearing (even abbreviated) and insults towards other users so we can keep this a pleasant space for discussion. Disagreement and criticism is fine, as long as it's done politely. Thank you.

@Admino I don't know the full details. All I can say is that Heroix is a joint venture and is handling distribution in the Asia region for now.
  • @sutekiB Do you know of the circumstances behind why Asian backers received email from Hero Sports (subsidiaries of Hero Entertainment, but not the Hero Entertainment itself) two days after the refund announcement ?
    @JohnMarkus Sorry, no. I don't know much about the Hero side of things.
  • Hi
    I am French and I am 46 years old.
    I preordered the Virtuix Omni. In April.
    I agreed to be reimbursed.
    But now I am suffering from an orphan disease called Sarcoidosis.
    It attacks the lungs (like cancer) and sometimes the other organs and bones.
    I learned last Friday after having passed several exams, that the disease had touched my spine, that they could not cure me.
    They had never seen such a manifestation of the disease.
    Because my bone involvement is unknown (its way of appearing).
    And that my only chance is to do walking and weight training exercises to maintain a good autonomy and keep my musclular level. This will slow down the degeneration of my bones.
    Except that I am a treatment with corticosteroids that have the effect of melting the muscular and weakening my bones (much like astronauts with gravity).
    So I have to do sports every day and I take painkillers in high doses.
    The problem I can vanish and be at all times be out of state.
    So the only way I thought possible was to do any kind of activity via the RV, the Omni.
    I tried to see if there was any other way that the omni and which especially had no attachment to the back (Kat Walk for example).
    The other similar products are no longer available to individuals or are not distributed in Europe.
    So then I was wondering if Virtuix could help me? I do not care about technical support. I do not know what else to do.
    Or if someone has an idea? I was planning to make one.
    But I do not see how to make sure to detect walking.
    I thank you for your help, but here I am lost.

I am willing to transmit medical documents that attest my say.

Regards,

Asian backers received email from Hero Sports (subsidiaries of Hero Entertainment, but not the Hero Entertainment itself)

@JohnMarkus Could you tell me what the nature of that email is? I'm an Asian-backer (based in Japan) and I don't recall receiving any such email. If you could tell me the email address they sent the email from, I could search for it.

@sutekiB My main concern is that Hero Entertainment are apparently responsible for "Asian" distribution. However, I'd never heard of them until Virtuix mentioned them. If HE claim they can distribute to the Asian market, but is only present in China, then there is a discrepancy between HE's claims and reality. The China market is of course huge (currently 2nd largest in the world?), but I fail to see the advantage for Virtuix in not looking for distributors in other markets.
  • JohnMarkusJohnMarkus Posts: 12
    edited December 2016
    I received another same email from Hero Sports regarding sales of Omni in Asia region. :/
    @Admino: I left you a message using the forum system.

Apparently Hero can provide Omni to Japan at US$ 5,899 (excluding shipping and import duties), available immediately.

@sutekiB I seriously question why Hero has access to Virtuix's customer data. Does it not violate your Privacy Policy ?

Apparently Hero can provide Omni to Japan at US$ 5,899 (excluding shipping and import duties), available immediately.

@JohnMarkus @sutekiB
    Thanks for the info. I have to admit, I'm impressed with that price. Usually a computer is the most expensive item in a system.
    I'm not sure if the Omni is worth spending 2-3 times the cost of a decent computer though or 8-9 times the cost of a high-end VR headset.

Incidentally, that price comes with one Omni, one set of shoes, one harness, one set of tracking pods, no rack, no boom, and one year's warranty.
    You do get 6 games with it.

I'm guessing my spam filters caught the email from Hero and so I didn't get it.
  • JohnMarkusJohnMarkus Posts: 12
    edited December 2016
    Considering that Hero Sports is into e-sports, having a personal Omni at home would mean significant competitive advantage.
    http://vr.yingxiong.com/ (nice videos)
    Haha I guess. If I can see an appreciable return on the investment, I may consider getting one, but probably not right now.

@sutekiB I seriously question why Hero has access to Virtuix's customer data. Does it not violate your Privacy Policy ?

It's a JV (joint venture) so it doesn't violate the privacy policy. Under the circumstances, given they are able to distribute in Asia it must be deemed appropriate that they have the ability to contact customers in Asia whose orders are being refunded.
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 11
    Lets be honest, its obvious to everyone that Virtux would be completely stupid as an organization to let the international kick starters have an Omni for $400 (and at a loss) when they can easily cancel the order without any real significant penalty (since non us backers really don't have a hope in hell of suing), and then sell every order at a huge profit (because you cannot tell me that its costing $4000+/unit IN CHINA to produce, so selling the units at $5899USD is a significant price hike to someone else with more money then brains.

• Hi folks,
    haven't been to this forum in a couple of weeks. Any news on the whole refund-issue?
  • only just saw this - and I'm going to add my "this blows" comment.. I'm not a backer so at least I'm not waiting for money, but I was intending on purchasing one from PLE as they had started taking pre-orders but now it's Commercial partners only??? WTF?? also $7000??? double WTF

I'll wait for ANY other solution to come out and buy that one - I'll be telling anyone who asks my opinion to do the same.. good luck, have fun in the Chinese market. @rsehats
  • over 10 days nothing in my Paypal
    sutekiB said:

It's a JV (joint venture) so it doesn't violate the privacy policy.

@sutekiB
    Really? It's a joint venture? Interesting.
    Assuming that Hero Entertainment was not involved from the beginning which would mean Virtuix was lying to all kickstarter and pre-orders backers, Virtuix's privacy policy allows it to share all backer info with any and all future partners regardless of whether said backer no longer has any business or relation with Virtuix?

The horse has already bolted, but what is the point in having a privacy policy that allows you to share personal information with third parties in regions where privacy laws, privacy practices are different and beyond your control?
    sutekiB said:

Under the circumstances, given they are able to distribute in Asia it must be deemed appropriate that they have the ability to contact customers in Asia whose orders are being refunded.

I disagree. The age of cold-calling and door-to-door sales is obsolete. Most people get irritated by random people contacting them with a product they have no interest in.
    Backers would be interested in the Omni, but they should be given the opportunity to contact Hero Entertainment if they want to.

I hate to say it, but Virtuix really screwed themselves and VR over by limiting themselves to the commercial sector.

E-sports itself hasn't been going that long and while it has just started and will grow much much bigger, VR e-sports is more or less non-existent. Eve-Valkyrie had their first tournament this year. I'm not aware of any other VR e-sports events.
    Would you mind checking your PayPal again @Gatxclub? I believe your refund was processed on the 15th.

@Admino I understand your concern, but rest assured that Virtuix would not misuse your personal information.

@kzintzi I realise no words can atone for broken promises. The decision to suspend consumer sales was necessary to ensure the long term survival of the company. I hope someday it will be possible to supply the Omni to everyone at an affordable price - I'll keep doing my part to try to make that happen.
    edited December 2016
    @sutekiB I'm sure they wouldn't, but I'm also sure you can appreciate my skepticism considering recent events.
    sutekiB said:

I hope someday it will be possible to supply the Omni to everyone at an affordable price.

I think the Omni will become more affordable one day, but considering the Omni is currently priced at more than 2-3 times the price of a high-spec PC, I believe that day is far off yet and will come only when Virtuix is forced to lower their price due to competition.
  • Have we something to do to get refound or we just have to wait?
    Hi @shayologo to receive a refund you must send Virtuix the email address associated with your PayPal account. It should be sent from the same email address you used to place your order, or was associated with your Kickstarter account.
    Hi @shayologo
    You should also check that your paypal account can receive payments. Your papal account needs to be a premium account which is free, but requires you to confirm your physical address.
    I've almost finished that process.
  • steffen1980steffen1980 Posts: 89
    edited December 2016
    I've got the money back within 2 days. and on bank 3 days later. I also get it back via Paypal. It could be the issues lay on Paypal.

In a few days the page with open source omnidirectional will be available in 3 -5 days. We can build our own. www.i-want-my-omni.com - I create this community where everyone can present the ideas. The first steps are already done and the technology has been already found. We should go open-source. It's better as to send money to kickstarter projects again.

It will be contain an Forum, too.