International Refund Program

Comments

• tppptppp Posts: 5
    @mmoerders If you can get a group shipping organized to Germany, I would like to query a possibility to forward the shipment to Scandinavia from there. I'd pay the air/sea freight both US-GER & GER-FIN, warranty void.
  • TomekTomek Posts: 76
    edited December 2016
    You showcased the omni at an Expo just a few days ago in Melbourne Australia and now you cancel it?

The shipping price was always in the $200 ballpark but I'm sure many would even pay double if that's what it cost. But it wouldn't.

I seriously think you should allow us to change the address. It's the same as someone selling their omni or moving overseas with it. It's up-to us if we accept the risk.

What happens to our cheap pre-order price? Do i have to pay double in the future?

I'd prefer another delay for international customers with an optional refund and future discount voucher.

I've waited so long.. Feels like a joke and nightmare rolled into one. I honestly think VR is a fad without the omni. And this will seriously damage the already skeptical perception of VR treadmills.
  • And the UK too if possible ,same arrangement! What the hell is it with 2016 man will it ever stop kicking my ass ?
  • adminadmin Posts: 134
    Let's just assume an initial pledge of 500$, what would be the outcome?

Hey @mmoerders, compound interest means that interest is also applied to the accruing interest. In short, at a monthly rate, the $500 would be returned with a $52 interest payment. The exact total should be $552.46.

One advantage about backing your project on Kickstarter was the promise to get an Omni cheaper than it would cost when we order the final product later regularily on your website. Is there a chance of you keeping this promise?

We don't wish to commit to offering a discount on future retail pricing of the Omni, as we no longer want to provide empty promises to our backers given our poor track record in this regard (we do not know when, if, and how the Omni will ever be available to consumers in Europe).

You are not allowing us to change the shipping address from an outside US address to an US address?

Unfortunately we do not favor this scenario. Our challenge is not to get units shipped to Europe, but the support thereafter. It's not good business for any company to have units proliferate in a foreign location and then not provide any customer service in that area. When entering a foreign market, it needs to be done right and with the proper presence and support. We believed we could do this for the Omni worldwide, but that has proven to be unrealistic for a small company with a heavy, complex product like the Omni. We wish it were different.

I honestly think this will send a signal out to any body that may be thinking of backing other projects on kick starter, and that is a real sham that others with all good ideas may not reach there goal as a result.
    Ii doubt very much I will ever be backing another kick starter project

Hey @rickardo69 I understand your frustration and share your disappointment. This is not a good day for any of us. We've worked hard in the last few months to find cost effective options to get the Omni delivered and supported all over the world, but that has proven to be naive and unrealistic for a big and complex product like the Omni. We are deeply sorry about this. We have not given up on the dream of making the Omni available around the world somehow, and that this dream is still achievable is only thanks to the generous support we received on Kickstarter. We hope this setback will not discourage backers from extending the same support to other crowdfunding campaigns that strike a chord with them.

Hey @Atreyu, the Omni is a big, heavy device that would be costly to send to you, and even more costly to have forwarded. We would hate for you to have that additional expense, then possibly experience a problem and for us to then not be able to service the unit for you. For this reason we are choosing to fully refund international orders and pledges. We wish we did not have to let you down after all of your support. Please accept our humble apologies.

- The Virtuix Team
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    OK well @giroudf I agree with you about the CE, that's standard stuff, and if your doing it for the US than doing it for places like Canada and the EU is about the same you just need to jump through the governmental hoops for each. I am actually really surprised they are not shipping to at least the US, Canada and the EU. *sigh* this really sucks.
  • XainXain Posts: 89
    US preorder here.

Virtuix, please allow our international brothers the ability to change to US shipping. You may feel it isn't right, morally or legally as they will have no support but Im sure they don't care or will ship it back to a US friend who will then ship it to you for support. If it means that much to legally then let them have the ability to fully transfer their order to an english resident so they xan both keep their place and find an alternative themselves. Once again please don't take this ability away from them, as you can see above there is anger and spitex both of which WILL hurt you as a business no matter how truthful you are being.

I for one will help anyone outside the US if possible. Countries have borders, gamers do not.
    "Unfortunately we do not favor this scenario"

What if i want to gift it to my US friend? Come on, you seriously think that people won't be selling them overseas anyway? I bet many pre-orders, especially for more than 1 planned to scalp then on eBay to the highest bidder. They are already listed like this on Chinese sites. That will piss us off the most.. Paying 2k for something we pre-ordered for 500.

Please let us do this. At least only for current pre orders.
  • Surly it wouldn't take three years for somebody to finally realise that hey hang on guys we aren't going to be able to ship this product all ove the world because of customer support issues
    If this is a problem now the it would of always been one from day one and it would have been picked up on a very long time ago.
    So why now , why not 18 months ago.
  • giroudfgiroudf Posts: 127
    edited December 2016
    You know, there are guys who have built ship in their garage and finally see that they will not be able to get it trough the door...
    probably one of the sponsor is Martin Shkreli or Donald Trump

you can also get the refund and buy a neuron motion capture suit.
    a lot more fun
  • AtreyuAtreyu Posts: 2
    edited December 2016
    I know what it costs! Please don't talk to me like I don't. I've had pallets of wine 6 times the weight of the omni shipped internationally on several occssions. I'm just asking you to reconsider.

Please don't make me buy my Omni off an ebay scalper when I supported you in the first minutes of day one. Because it's not fair and I will.
    Damn @Atreyu I want to go to one of your parties!
  • admin said:

Let's just assume an initial pledge of 500$, what would be the outcome?

Hey @rickardo69 I understand your frustration and share your disappointment. This is not a good day for any of us. We've worked hard in the last few months to find cost effective options to get the Omni delivered and supported all over the world, but that has proven to be naive and unrealistic for a big and complex product like the Omni. We are deeply sorry about this. We have not given up on the dream of making the Omni available around the world somehow, and that this dream is still achievable is only thanks to the generous support we received on Kickstarter. We hope this setback will not discourage backers from extending the same support to other crowdfunding campaigns that strike a chord with them.

Hey @Atreyu, the Omni is a big, heavy device that would be costly to send to you, and even more costly to have forwarded. We would hate for you to have that additional expense, then possibly experience a problem and for us to then not be able to service the unit for you. For this reason we are choosing to fully refund international orders and pledges. We wish we did not have to let you down after all of your support. Please accept our humble apologies.

- The Virtuix Team
    It´s questionable at best that you would not allow willing customers who are waving their rights to international warranty and provide you with an domestic shipping address to do so. You made a big fuss about all the emotions around your product and people bought into it. now you are just cutting their cords, no warning what so ever, even after you announced international shipping for late Q3 2017 not that long ago. We are willing to meet you half way here, we organize whats necessary to help you out, so dont let us hang there. Besides, you were talking about wanting to make a decent start within the market. Yet you do exactly the opposite, letting down the trust of all these people who believed enough in your idea to supply you with money to get it done.

• SlopeySlopey Posts: 23
    edited December 2016
    This whole situation is pathetic. It's pathetic that you've allegedly only just realised that something that big costs money to ship. I also think it's ludicrous that it supports weight of up to what is pretty much 20 stone - I doubt anyone that big will fit in the support ring.

I've only held in there because you have been posting repeatedly about progress, without a hint of these issues, which was just disengenuous in the extreeme. Now "you'd hate to have more cost" added for your customers, without asking them if they are happy to accept it. The support argument is nonsense, because it's really just a hunk of plastic - if anything it will be shoes/sensors which need support or replacement and they can be easily shipped. If the plastic mount/base might break and need replacement shipping, then it's not fit for purpose.

Anyway - your product is irrelevant - room scale and teleporting has made it all but obsolete, your VR game is derivative, and generic, and I'm happy to not have to deal with your company at any point in the future.

Pathetic.
    I actually weigh 20 stone, and my waist size fits the large harness perfectly. People always tell me I don't look as fat as I am. which is, i guess a compliment?? LOL
    xxann5 said:

I actually weigh 20 stone, and my waist size fits the large harness perfectly. People always tell me I don't look as fat as I am. which is, i guess a compliment?? LOL

Well, at least you got your Omni - the rest of us are screwed.
  • giroudfgiroudf Posts: 127
    edited December 2016
    "It's pathetic that you've only just realised that something that big costs money to ship"
    again that's pure bullshit.
    They send dozen of omni everywhere in the world (for fair, demo, pathfinder), from model no 1 , so they know exactly how it works and how much it cost.
    but you are right, it is pathetic.
    that's why I strongly consider a refund despite my interest for the omni.
    I start to doubt this company is able to sustain a business model for this product.
    Btw, I'm even happy for you to deliver my unit to a Chinese address. I want to gift it to my friends there or the US please.
  • I dont even think US backers/preorders will receive anything, and pathfinder program was just a way to get paid QA testing. I asked for a refund last Thursday no reply as of yet. Good job on duping people into funding this until u sold to big companies, and the way u got pathfinders to pay u to test it just sick.
    giroudf said:

"It's pathetic that you've only just realised that something that big costs money to ship"
    again that's pure bullshit.
    They send dozen of omni everywhere in the world (for fair, demo, pathfinder), from model no 1 , so they know exactly how it works and how much it cost.
    but you are right, it is pathetic.
    that's why I strangly consider a refund despite my interest for the omni.
    I start to doubt this company is able to sustain a business model for this product.

well exactly - this hasn't been a sudden realisation overnight - they have known about shipping costs since they designed the thing. They must have, as any idiot can type weight and dimensions in to a shipping site and get an instant quote. It's quite frankly ludicrous to come up with that as an excuse YEARS after the kickstarter finished.
    Very true @Slopey, I have no complaints. I truly do fell for everyone not in the US. I am quite sure if I where in your shoe's I would have lost my ****.
  • AscensiAscensi Posts: 116
    edited December 2016
    Sad news.
  • SlushSlush Posts: 1
    Greetings from Germany ,

I agree with giroudf , that´s all Bullshit . a few weeks Ago u send an Omni to Germany
    https://www.facebook.com/virtuisvr/posts/1802896139965964

Falls es einen Lösungsansatz geben sollte mit einer Lieferung in die USA und dann in Eigeninitiative nach Deutschland / Hamburg bin ich dabei
    @Ascensi
    I'd work on it fast. Check my other thread to see all the Chinese knockoffs being created. I'm sure the Chinese wouldn't worry about shipping me one of theirs. Capitalism lol.. not this "We decide for you" disappointment.
  • One question I would like to ask an admin and n would really answer the lot for me .and that is
    If I would like to send my omni to my brother who lives in th US as a gift can I do that ?
    It could be me living there but I want my brother to have it as a Christmas present . Can I do that ?

Hi all, Jan here. Today was not a good day for any of us. I understand everyone's frustration and share the disappointment. In the last few months we have worked hard to find cost effective options to get the Omni distributed and supported worldwide. The challenge is not the initial delivery of the units and accessories (albeit costly and complicated, but manageable), but handling and servicing customers and units all over the world. Our intent to do so worldwide has proven to be naive and unrealistic given how the Omni evolved to a complex and costly product. It'd be a suicide mission for a small startup like ours with a US team of 15 people. I wish it were different. This is a big setback for all of us.
    @rickardo69 Me too. My gf's sister just loves VR and I may as well ship it to her.. in Austin! Can she pick it up?
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 11
    why would we actually believe that you haven't just decided that your Chinese backer is more important and figured that by delivering to the US is less legal issues for you and piss on the rest of us. If you honestly believed that
    sutekiB said:

I understand how this news is deeply affecting some on the forum. As a long time backer and supporter of the Omni myself, I've always tried to help spread the word about the Omni, and convince people of its merits. For anyone who was a vocal advocate and had hoped to receive an Omni soon, this must come as an especially bitter blow. Since I became a community manager at Virtuix, I see how important the goodwill of the community is to everyone here. As stated in the update, Virtuix has not given up on the dream of making the Omni available around the world, and everyone's support and enthusiasm is still very much appreciated. One day I believe it will happen, and if it does it will be thanks to those who stuck by the team throughout the ups and downs, and upheld the ideals of natural VR locomotion - even despite their personal disappointment. I realise this is easy for me to say, but I do genuinely think there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, and I'll do whatever I can to help get us there as soon as possible.

Great, so how about you keep my $800....and continue lave my $2600 order in the system and when you figure out how to ship it to Canada (or whatever Address I prefer it be shipped to, we call our control full and complete.
    Either that or you give me a refund for the full price of the value of my Cart as it sits today which is what you've agreed my investment in Virtux was worth, and we will consider the our deal null and void.
  • AscensiAscensi Posts: 116
    @Tomek the knock offs came close to my design, but they can't fit theirs in common ceiling heights (8FT) and have other problems.. my design is all in one, you don't need stands for equipment etc. I think VR can make a leap ahead again.. we all have the tools & know how these days and need backup plans.
  • tppptppp Posts: 5
    admin said:

but handling and servicing customers and units all over the world.

I will sign a paper that says I won't be eligible for service nor will I require any handling. I won't event mention publicly I have one. Hell, make me sign an NDA and I'll do it.

Hi MarkH, I understand your frustration. We regret that we need to take this difficult step, but this is necessary for us to survive as a company. This has nothing to do with us having a partner in China, but with the unfortunate fact that shipping and supporting a product like the Omni all over the world has proven to be unrealistic for a small startup like us. We are very sorry about this.