International Refund Program

Comments

• ghoxenghoxen Posts: 1
    edited December 2016
    I somehow doubt that they will stop new overseas orders being placed that's directed towards shipment forwarding companies. They'll only prevent existing pre-orders at historic (lower) prices from being fulfilled.

Regardless of the narrative that's provided, like "inability to provide customer support", objectively greed will be what's perceived and what's remembered.
  • giroudfgiroudf Posts: 127
    edited December 2016
    if this is the case, so they could offer to get the previous order honored at current new price.
    it has not been done.
    anyway the situation looks so bad now that my best advice would be: get your money back, document the case and if next months orders overseas resume at higher price, sue them.
    I am pretty sure we will find enough people upset to open a class action.
    but be on the safe side
    you could also publicly (facebook) open a page about boycotting the arcade product. I am pretty sure the big partners will appreciate.

you can also contact all the web sites who advertised for the omni, and make a public shitstorm about this story..

newatlas.com
    https://techcrunch.com
    www.digitaltrends.com
    https://www.cnet.com
    www.roadtovr.com
    uploadvr.com
    gazettereview.com
    https://www.reddit.com
    www.tomshardware.com
    www.slashgear.com
    www.pcworld.com
    www.idigitaltimes.com
    www.theverge.com

to name a few

but it seems it started already
    https://bitfalls.com/en/blog/the-death-of-the-virtuix-omni

I urge you to get your money back when it is still possible. after all you can leave without an omni and buy a KATVr or a chinese clone.
    now the roade is open, they will pop up like mushrooms after the rain, and probably you will get delivered even before what you would get from virtuix.
    You could also send you paypal adress for refund , specifying you will reserve your right to claim for the pre-order to be fullfilled at the original conditions, should the delivery
    resume for your country.
    This is a forced refund from the seller and does not imply you agree with any condition (like cancelling order) linked to that refund.
    and since they admitted themselves in the mail that orders could resume in a near futur (their own words : "We are working hard to bring the Omni to your country, and we hope to see you again in the future.") ,
    https://www.google.com/trends/explore?q=virtuix omni

edited December 2016
    not bitten twice. I will purchase only real deliverable product. At that level, i can build it myself.
    just asked for refund , here an automatic answer.
    "Thank you for your email and for your interest in the Virtuix Omni. We are currently experiencing a high volume of e-mail inquiries. Due to this, our response time may be slower than normal. We will respond as soon as possible."
  • you are correct, virtuix would be responcible for shipping costs, and yes that could potentiolly be alot of money, but thats not new infomation, that was the case before the omni was even thought of, and it will always be the case, they should/would have known about this when creating the kickstarter, it has always been the price of international selling, you have to provide support in other countries = more cost, but in return you get a hell of alot more customers=more sales=more profit in the end, apperently 1/3 of the kickstarter backers alone were international buyers.

the answer is to partner with someone, not kick their customers in the teeth, especially at this late stage, oculus did it with facebook, omni should do it with someone else, simply cancelling all international orders is a move that will bankrupt the company imo.

I think that you are all missing the valid point that Jan truly believed that the market uptake of the Omni was going to be a non-issue. I know that I sure did! I think he felt that he would have international partners standing in line to be localized distributors who would handle service and support for each area. Or perhaps he was hoping for a buy out that would have injected a huge amount of cash in so that they could have set up their own international distribution and service centers. However, that sad truth is, regardless of how much we all want this thing, he is having to beg for partners and no one is buying into the concept. Just watch the episode of Shark Tank to see what he is up against. So far they have ONE partner in China it seems?

To expect them to offer the support / refund structure you are suggesting from the USA is absolutely ludicrous. Especially with the Gen 1 devices.

The fact of the matter is that they have made a fiscally responsible decision in an effort to move forward. It is likely at this point, any other decision would have destroyed the Omni completely.
    Is that what you all want? If you cannot have it, then no one can. Because that is what you are suggesting.

--------------------------------------
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Rift Backer #2,770 (That was a good one!)
    Middle Tennessee
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    @CheezWiz at least some people on this forum are reasonable. Good post.
  • CheezWizCheezWiz Posts: 72
    edited December 2016

The voucher system still seems like the preferable alternative. Production quality should only improve over time, and as Virtuix expands as a business and make contacts international support should be expected to be less restrictive.

Grey, the voucher system would be nothing but a gigantic red line on the financial books of the company. How would you expect them to acquire capitol, investors, new partners, etc with a giant debt on their books? You seem very level headed in your understanding of the financial aspects of this. Just think about it for a minute.

I also see people bringing up Oculus as an example of "Kickstarter done right" in comparison to Viruix. That is just funny because the Oculus guys became BILLIONAIRES with my Kickstarter donation. I do not think Jan and his team are anywhere near that point. I wish it had gone that way for them but the sad truth is he has been fighting his way up Everest to get to this point.

Additionally, even Oculus had a big snafu. They did not realize that their wireless controllers that they were shipping in the box were not legal in other countries and had to pull them out of the boxes before shipping.

We are all angry because for us, the Omni makes sense! It is a no-brainer! Why would anyone NOT want it? The sad truth is that our VR bubble was popped. When I watched the Shark Tank episode with Jan on, I realized for the first time that I was a minority thinker on this concept.
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Middle Tennessee
  • edmgedmg Posts: 57
    CheezWiz said:

Grey, the voucher system would be nothing but a gigantic red line on the financial books of the company.

Yeah ,exactly. No sane CFO would let that one pass.

As much as we'd like to get what we ordered, at the end of the day, an Omni without Virtux would, sooner or later, become an expensive paperweight. The only way we were going to get them and Virtuix stay in business was for them to find an investor who'd accept the loss (in terms of production and warranty costs) in return for expanding the market. Clearly that didn't happen.

Either way, I'm off to look at what other devices are available on the market.
    edited December 2016
    So the B2B failed and so the B2C have to pay for ?
    B2C was the reason why virtuix exists, first with kickstarter and then with pre-order.
    Now they are willing to cut the only ones who provided the money and would probably ready to pay more.
    You would learn that what is most precious to a company is the atitude and the confidence it brings to customer.
    They got it for free and they just throw that into the drain, instead asking for help.
    For consumer, if there is no product, virtuix does not exist.

• CheezWiz said:

The voucher system still seems like the preferable alternative. Production quality should only improve over time, and as Virtuix expands as a business and make contacts international support should be expected to be less restrictive.

Grey, the voucher system would be nothing but a gigantic red line on the financial books of the company. How would you expect them to acquire capitol, investors, new partners, etc with a giant debt on their books? You seem very level headed in your understanding of the financial aspects of this. Just think about it for a minute.
    I honestly hadn't considered the idea that doing a voucher or retaining the international orders would show up in Virtuix's bookkeeping as a debt line. It does make sense now that you bring it up, and I can understand why it would look bad to potential investors/partners who basically just look at the numbers and don't consider context.
    Sadly, that just brings me back to my original point:

The more I think about the refund, the more I'm convinced of my stance; anything less than the current listed Omni price is a ripoff. I don't think that Virtuix is actually TRYING to rip anyone off, but it's a ripoff regardless. If I purchased a gold bar listed at $1000 through a bank or some store that specialized in such purchases, and arranged for them to deliver it to my house for me with their assurance that they could accomidate delivery to my location, and then between the time I purchased it, and the time they were ready to ship it to me, the price of gold suddenly doubled, it would most likely be illegal, and most certainly be unethical for them to cancel my order and claim that they aren't shipping to my area, but might in the future, and I was welcome to have my money refunded. I purchased the gold, and I became the owner of that gold as soon as the store/bank accepted my funds, and if they wanted to own that gold, they would need to reimburse me the current list price of that gold, not simply what I paid for it before.

edited December 2016
    most companies do not care having red lines in their book, because they can turn that easily into advantage (mostly tax reduction, ask Mr Trump)
    you got company like yahoo who never get a single benefit in 10 years. People funding Yahoo did not do that so long to have onlly black line in the book (while they probably woudl be happy).
    They did it because behind yahoo there are tons of customers/users representing a real value.
    in that particular case the redline is not only money debt, it is a developper/customer base, and probably represent more than just a debt (especially this one doe not ask for interest)
    Now this red line has no chance to exist, but at the same time the customer base (futur income ) is gone too and they have to refund tons of money.
    Cashflow is usually more important than debt into accounting.
    I would be a big B2B in business with virtuix, now i would get the omnis, delay payment as much as possible, let virtuix sink into trouble and buy the remains of the company (mostly developpers) to build my own omni clone.
  • giroudf said:

I urge you to get your money back when it is still possible. after all you can leave without an omni and buy a KATVr or a chinese clone.
    now the roade is open, they will pop up like mushrooms after the rain, and probably you will get delivered even before what you would get from virtuix.

Yeah at least KAT VR have got the product, can afford to ship (at what must be a loss), and are fulfilling their pledge to kickstarter backers. Omni clearly overpromised, but I still think it's pretty cynical to keep all the dedicated fans on board as free publicity/hype builders, when they knew they wouldn't be delivering on their orders.

KAT VR are also planning on releasing a full commercial package to Western markets soon, no news on a home product, but at least they didn't jump the gun like Omni, lie to their customers and now hopefully face a massive PR backlash from all the international backers and pre-orderers Omni has been using for 3 YEARS

edited December 2016
    giroudf said:

most companies do not care having red lines in their book, because they can turn that easily into advantage (mostly tax reduction, ask Mr Trump)
    you got company like yahoo who never get a single benefit in 10 years. People funding Yahoo did not do that so long to have onlly black line in the book (while they probably woudl be happy).
    They did it because behind yahoo there are tons of customers/users representing a real value.
    in that particular case the redline is not only money debt, it is a developper/customer base, and probably represent more than just a debt (especially this one doe not ask for interest)
    Now this red line has no chance to exist, but at the same time the customer base (futur income ) is gone too and they have to refund tons of money.
    Cashflow is usually more important than debt into accounting.
    I would be a big B2B in business with virtuix, now i would get the omnis, delay payment as much as possible, let virtuix sink into trouble and buy the remains of the company (mostly developpers) to build my own omni clone.

You cannot write off unrealized or future losses.
    This would show up as a liability for them. Those vouchers would have to accounted for like handing out an I.O.U.
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Middle Tennessee
    edited December 2016
    creative accountant can turn anything into anything else , provided it gives him advantage.
    for example the mail they sent can turn this into a real loss (refunds) for pre-orders.
    For kickstarters, it is a bit more tricky since anyway, they fund at loss, so officially Virtuix could send them
    a T-shirt a be ok with that.
    Keeping the orders open and refunding is also a possibility, since then , it is the customer who own money to virtuix.
    here , the problem is virtuix own money and/or the goods to the customer, so they got to pay twice for it.
    But let'say the deliver a 1000$ item for a price of 500$, they loose 500$.
    But if they sell the same item for 1000$ to a new customer but need to refund 500$ to the previous customer,
    they still get an omni out for 500$, and an upset people.
    And what prevent an american to order a 1000$ omni, and sell it to ebay for 1500 + shipment (around 2000).
    So again, the money does not go to virtuix and the damage is done (mad customer having to pay twice the price).
    but obviously virtuix goal was to play the oculus game, make a kickstarter, going to startup mode, being purchased by
    a big shot and make MM$.
    only problem, this did not happened

• JorgenJorgen Posts: 108
    Just as the rest of international backers, I am extremely sad with this announcement and disappointed by the way it is done.

I could understand a "Sorry we can't provide support for Omni units worldwide so we can either send it without any guaranty or refund if you prefer so"

I could understand a "Sorry the shipping will cost a lot more than expected and will take some more months to organise or we'll refund you if you prefer"

I could even accept that my unit is delivered somewhere in central Europe and I had to manage to get it there by myself... or get a refund if I'd preferred so....

But I cannot accept this unilateral cancellation of orders without any offer to search for a suitable solution.
    I do not plan on accepting any refund before solutions have been explored in collaboration with your community...
    The people who have been trusting you for three years are eager to help through this process : you cannot just dismiss them with a "3%" bonus...

edited December 2016
    so the best is to ask for a refund while keeping the order open.
    after all an open order cost nothing as long as the good is not produced and delivered.
    apparently none of this happened yet.

The fact they did not propose anything else than a refund clearly show they want to get rid of an embarassing part of the community (B2C)
    as said before it is even sillier if you think that for each omni sold at the right price, they have now to refund a customer.
    so for the first thousands omnis, they still loose the same money than if they delivered directly to the first customer.

My opinion is they signed some exclusivity with a big shot (B2B, thousands of omni in one shot ) and don't really care to loose customer or sale omni at loss.
    they just stick to the contract, wiping all others little ones.
    The other plan was probably to have the startup purchased by a big shot (Facebook, HTC, Hero ?) and let the big corporate do the job while counting the dollar bills under the coconuts.
    but that did not happened
  • @admin
    Immediately delete this account. The email for the refund has been sent. Bandits

HASTA LA VISTA
  • Hello all!
    Today I realized some things and now i have the time to write it down. First sorry for the grammatical errors, but sometimes i have to use google translate…
    @xxann5 in another topic you say
    xxann5 said:

Now this is a proper response to the issue. Its constructive and even suggests a possible solution, and a plausible one at that. It's not some hate speech or conspiracy theory. Bravo Daniel.
    I hope something can be worked out for you guys.

Can you please point out the facts? Sorry if I am not able to do so.

Is it because of the lag of support? Or is it because they do not correctly calculated and lose to much money?
    I don’t see in the most posts any hate speech. The most people try to make suggestions and offer help! Or am i wrong?

@CheezWiz and @Admin this is a very good point! Lets discuse this with the whole Backers!

You are Omni Backer 40? I‘am backer 130. You point out that Virtuix „could have“ financial problems when the send all omnis to the backers. In another Post @Admin said that shipping in the U.S. cost 200$ per Unit. What do you pay 349$ or 399$? We say you pay 399$. Your Omni break and need to be repaired. How would that work? Who paid the shipping costs to virtuix and back to you? Who from the 15 people will handle that? Alone shipping will cost 400$ or more and no part is replaced. I think everyone is able to see what i mean.
    So no one can tell me, that Virtuix make with any U.S. backer money, even when the Omni works without problems! When you truly want to support Virtux we must talk about a refund to _ALL_ backers! Because we all did the same! I don’t see the point why i have to be satisfied with a refund and a U.S. backer or PREORDER (Iam not sure, become U.S. preorder the omni also) become the omni and virtuix loses money! Maybe you can say me that? Why are 1670 U.S. Backer become the Omni and Virtuix loses money, but the 1579 internatial backers not?

Then we are all at the same positon und Virtuix can give all backers and preorder a voucher with the option to buy the Omni with cover contribution for Virtuix.
    And i don’t see the problem to send us the omni without warranty. We backed a prototype, we all know what kickstarter is!

I speak with other german backers and i read the posts in the Forum, so because of that i think that when @Admin is honest with us we can find a solution for all and not for 50%.
    And so you understand how I am. The last 2 days i don’t sleep so much because I am extremely angry and made a lot of thoughts about the situation. I wait over 3 years with so much enthusiasm , defend the product in front of every sceptic also i make space in my room fort he omni, buy a HTV Vive and a GTX1080 only fort he Omni! For me i don’t care about seated or room scale. For me works VR only with the omni.

Thank you for reading and i hope for a full reply @Jan. You owe us this!
    Greetings Hendrik
    yep, but did you get the money ?
    edited December 2016
    "Then we are all at the same positon und Virtuix can give all backers and preorder a voucher with the option to buy the Omni with cover contribution for Virtuix."
    common guy, that's exactly what you have done when subscribing as kickstarter. The promise to have an omni at reduced price if the enterprise succeed.
    the enterprise succeeded , the omni exists and is available. So you want another empty promise ?.
    Are you naive at that point ?
    People asked if they can have it delivered in USA instead overseas. no answer
    They also asked if it can be sent at their cost , no answer
    they said they can go over the warranty if it could help. no answer.
    They said they can pay the difference to the current price. no answer.
    They pray they would agree for all above, but please give me my omni. no answer.

The only reason that the US kickstarters receive their omni, is because virtuix is an american company and kickstarter too, and getting legal with thousand of US citizen (class action) is clearly out of question. (or simply chinese big boss has no influence on USA market, so they are not interested to put condition there)
    But you international people, you are just.... negligible..
    Look at the very recent case with Johnson & Johnson for the bad prothesis.
    a group of 6 (SIX !) american citizen get J&J condamned to pay 1BILLION dollar (one thousand of million) !
    The prothesis is sold worldwide.
    At the international , the hundered of people having the same defective prothesis will receive... nothing.

• h3ndriksh3ndriks Posts: 10
    edited December 2016
    @giroudf I am certainly not naive, i see it like you. But you quote only one sentence… that helps no one.

In another post you say almost the same as me. So i don't understand your reply. Sorry

And another edit, the questions are mine too and i wait for a honest answer from Jan!
    edited December 2016
    i mean that we are at a point where either you forget about it or start to fight.
    obviously no other action will go anywhere else.
    Your attempt to drag the US kickstarter in the story is nice, but basic selfishness can ensure you that nobody who is
    getting the possibility to get his omni will ruin it by joining the looser's side.
    This failure just become to be socially and economically interesting if it set some milestone.
    Kickstarter suffered from too many abuse of this type.
    It would be great if something came out of the situation instead just vanishing in mumbling.

I am perfectly ok with Virtuix decision (as long as i got my omni or my money back).
    and the only right i still have is to tell my opinion, even if nobody is interested to hear it.
    edited December 2016
    I just want to point out that I have no insight, just speculation based on past experience. I am just trying to point out the futility of some of the lines of logic I see being explored here.
    In my experience, drastic actions are made for drastic reasons. This was a drastic action, therefore, the chances of end-running around it are non-existent.

I do not mean to be disrespectful to any of the community members or Jan and the Virtuix team in my commentary.

You are all working through the five stages of grief, it is human nature: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance..
    You are not alone in this, I guarantee you that the Virtuix team already went through them in the lead up to the decision that they made.

Everyone seems to think that dealing with international law and regulations is easy. That is obvious based on the suggestions I am seeing posted here. Virtuix is a USA based company, they cannot just fudge the packing slip and call it a sample like everything I get from China. Over there, they can do that because the government runs everything. Virtuix cannot do things like that because in the USA, they will be punished for such actions. As they have stated, they do not have the resources to navigate the international landscape alone. The only way that they see forward is the action they have chosen. You are not going to change that.

Basically, Jan has said the he and his team are tired of making promises that they end up breaking. So they are done with that. That pretty much eliminates the voucher idea. The voucher is a promise and at this point, they cannot be sure that they can fulfill it. You are not going to change that.

Grey, I get your gold bar analogy, but come on, that is an unrealistic expectation. Depending on the legalease of each of your respective countries, you could seek some sort of legal action. But would it really be worth it for a few hundred dollars?

The best outcome at this point is that Virtuix gets a consumer install base going in the USA to prove that the market is there. Then expand onward and outward as possible. The fact that all they have been able to sign to this point is commercial distributorships means that no one else sees the consumer market either or that they also see it as a logistical nightmare that they do not wish to tackle at this time.

I really do not think that if they are able to get to that point in the future, that they will end up forgetting that all of you ever existed.
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Middle Tennessee
  • I won't give up my dream! And I'am fine with your decision.

I just ask CheezWiz and Jan why i and 50% of the others backers should be satisfied with a refund and the other 50% become the omni as promised. Because of what? Please give me only one reason. When the problem is the finance i figure my positon out. And as I understand it, virtuix or Kickstarter will become no problems when the don't ship to the U.S., because of the terms from Kickstarter.

It LOOKS like that after a short time or immediately, we can buy an Omni at the full price in china by Hero and ship it to europe. Do i have then any warranty? I don't think so... But i paid much more as on Kickstarter. When this should be possible, why should we accept this?

I now read your edit,Sorry but i don't know U.S. law or cases like you mentioned.
    edited December 2016
    what you forget is the container could go directly from china to Europe for example, like any other Chinese crap.
    you just need a CE conformity certificate. That is probably aleady made for the American market that is usually more finicky about regulation.
    you can rent a warehouse, send the container there and pay a week to some virtuix technician for the unloading of container, check of box and dispatch to local transporter across Europe.
    https://www.engelvoelkers.com/en-de/properties/rent-warehouses/
    make that during the BeerFest periode in Germany and the will be happy to go.
    As location I would suggest netherland.

but you are right "I am just trying to point out the futility of some of the lines of logic I see being explored here." .
    There is no logic here we can understand, so any proposal is getting nowhere if there is nobody to listen.
  • XainXain Posts: 128
    @giroudf Stop posting in this thread, perferably at all if you are going to continue acting like a child. I, along with many others are refreshing the forums waiting to see an update about the situation not another disgruntled post from you. Moreover you need to consider the following questions I am asking below directed to Jan and the Team.

@admin Lets say 3 months into the use of my Omni something breaks and just happens to be covered by the warranty. Will I need to ship the entire unit back for repair? If so should I keep the palate and box it comes in? Will the unit be shipped back to the location in Austin to repair or will it need to be sent on a boat overseas to China for repair? What if its a circuit board that breaks instead? Can I be walked through exchanging the board myself and just mail that instead?

Depending on the answers given above I can not only see why they can't/choose not to do international shipping and why they aren't giving out vouchers. I don't agree with not doing vouchers in the least no matter what but I can understand the reason. Lets say worst case scenario it has to be shipped to China for repair and Viruix has to eat the shipping botht ways. No wonder they are inspecting each unit.
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    @giroudf anything is simple when you list out the high level steps, however the devil is in the details. Even Oculus with the limitless pockets and headcount of Facebook could not release the Rift world wide, even they still limited which countries they would ship to. Oculus also cancelled any orders who's addresses changed from a country they would not ship to to a country they would ship to.

HTC was able to ship to most of the world day one because they already have the infrastructure in place to do so and i am willing to bet it took them years and years to get the proper resources in place.
  • He @Cheez\/\/iz thank for you answer and i don't felt it disrespectful. But what you said is my problem. We don't know what is going on and we can only speculate about the reason. When you read the forums and the KS comments you see more than one justification from Virtuix. But when your speculation is right you have to understand me?

It seems that Virtuix has a Partner in China and Australia (see above) why could the not deliver there? This is not morality or fair...

And the fact that most of our questions will not get answered by Jan, only with phrase is more disappointing.
  • h3ndriks said:

I won't give up my dream! And I'am fine with your decision.

I just ask CheezWiz and Jan why i and 50% of the others backers should be satisfied with a refund and the other 50% become the omni as promised. Because of what? Please give me only one reason. When the problem is the finance i figure my positon out. And as I understand it, virtuix or Kickstarter will become no problems when the don't ship to the U.S., because of the terms from Kickstarter.

It LOOKS like that after a short time or immediately, we can buy an Omni at the full price in china by Hero and ship it to europe. Do i have then any warranty? I don't think so... But i paid much more as on Kickstarter. When this should be possible, why should we accept this?

I now read your edit,Sorry but i don't know U.S. law or cases like you mentioned.

If they end up having to cancel my USA Kickstarter pledge, I am fine with that, especially if it were an effort to save the company from financial ruin. I do not expect to get anything for free when I make a Kickstarter pledge and I know that there is a risk that I will lose my money. I invest on Kickstarter projects to help someone realize a dream that I also have, or a project with good merits. I invest because I want the creator to succeed.

I just edited my original post as to why I believe they have not canceled the USA Kickstarters as well. It is because they need to get units into homes to prove the market is there. They need to get these FIRST GENERATION (i.e. likely to have issues no matter how hard they try) units into homes where they can make sure they work and be able to provide the support structure to solve the issues that WILL arise. If that step is unsuccessful, then the Omni dies as a consumer device. They have to try it though, as that is the founding dream of the company and the project.

Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Middle Tennessee
    edited December 2016
    you are funny guys, just pushing your own little post with your little requests.
    you are thousands.... do you imagine they will answer and make a deal with only you ?
    for those who missed it , the answer has been pasted already several times.
    here it is:
    "We would like re-iterate our sincere apologies to anyone on the forum who has been affected by this announcement. Understandably, some of you are considering forwarding the Omni to your location from a US address. Please be aware that unfortunately we can’t accommodate this request as we won’t be able to support Kickstarter / Pre-Order Omnis outside of the United States and don’t feel it’s right (and in some regions isn’t allowed by law) to not provide customer service for the Omni.

This is a difficult decision for us. Again, we’re very sorry for the frustration we’ve caused you and hope our refund with interest makes up in some small part for this disappointment.

- The Virtuix Team "

and after 6 pages of posts, still no answer to ANY question... do you hope for one ?
    check the kickstarter comments: "We won't offer a coupon or voucher, because it might never be fulfilled and we don't want to mislead you."

I can almost hear Jan in the background "Mouahahahaha..."

and believe me, I will post here as long as my refund is not processed, it's fun.

fot those who really want an omni, ask Chen the Hero contact he got for china and get it from Hero.
    Chinese businessman are accepting money from anywhere in the world