International Refund Program

Comments

• giroudfgiroudf Posts: 127
    edited December 2016
    in short another upset customer, "i do not accept this decision, I want my omni".
    the problem is how many of them will cross the line between mumbling on the forum and actually DO something to fight for their cause.
    Virtuix probably bet on none.
    Probably a lot of us already asked or received the refund. this mean there is now 2 categories, refunded and order still open.
    I doubt they would change their mind again and upset another time the "customer" by providing omnis overseas.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    giroudf said:

in short another upset customer, "i do not accept this decision, I want my omni".
    the problem is how many of them will cross the line between mumbling on the forum and actually DO something to fight for their cause.
    Virtuix probably bet on none.
    Probably a lot of us already asked or received the refund. this mean there is now 2 categories, refunded and order still open.
    I doubt they would change their mind again and upset another time the "customer" by providing omnis overseas.

hahaha watch them change their stance in a few days and be like "oh great news we have new partners and can ship world wide" and this ends up all being some massive ploy to cut the waiting queue down by a few thousand or so lol :P that wouldn't make any sense but it would be kind of funny.
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 307
    edited December 2016
    giroudf said:

all in one a found very funny and courageous that Jan decided to spit in the face of thousand high level testosterone teenagers whose the best activity is to grab a virtual gun and play FPS games for hours.
    In the USA this taste considerably different that it would in Europe. Hence the refund only for overseas kickstarter ?
    Don't know if we will find any of virtuix people at next game exhibition

Insinuations. Insinuations everywhere! (well, not everywhere, just from this guy really) I see you've moved on from insulting Virtuix, to insulting Americans in general. Good to know you're keeping it classy, not that you care about that, since you have outright stated you don't intend to actually contribute anything to this thread or forum, you're just here in some attempt to single-handedly ruin Virtuix's name as a petty form of revenge via temper tantrum. I get that part, tacky, sure, but you've been personally wronged and have no legal recourse to take. I think you should consider the fact that at this point, your comments are getting increasingly more tasteless to the point that you're going to start making Virtuix look good by comparison, if only due to the fact that they haven't banned you already.
    I'm actually starting to get to the point where I'd cheer them on if I did, if only because seeing your posts pop up has become like having ads mixed in with the comments. I've been raising reasons that it's in Virtuix's best interest to attempt shipping, or to offer some potential future guarantee of the Omnis, or at the very least get more money out of the deal and have a better chance at still obtaining an Omni, and I already have my Omni. I can't even remember the last time you've said anything useful in this forum.
    DanteM said:

hahaha watch them change their stance in a few days and be like "oh great news we have new partners and can ship world wide" and this ends up all being some massive ploy to cut the waiting queue down by a few thousand or so lol :P that wouldn't make any sense but it would be kind of funny.

See, this is the part about this that bothers me, and I'm sure that bothers the majority of the international backers. The terms of Kickstarter are intended to prevent a Project Head from being ruined if their product isn't going to work. Many of the project proposed are ones that push the boundaries of what people even think can work. Those terms do need to be there or else people wouldn't be willing to propose any projects worth backing, the risk would be too high to them.
    However, this is an unusual direction for a kickstarter to go. Normally when a company offers refunds, it is because the product has simply failed or does not work as intended, and has to give up on the project entirely, thus there being no option for backers to get their product, not even inconveniently and without guarantees. International Virtuix backers have vehemently proposed that they would be perfectly fine with no guarantees and footing the extra cost, but with the nature of some of the comments it can easily be predicted what their actions would be if their Omni wound up not functioning properly when they received it, and could not get the support to get it working again, even having explicitly signed a contract stating they would accept this possibility.
    In this case, Virtuix DOES have a product, and they ARE marketing it, even if not to consumers. International backers have no guarantee that this isn't just some dick move to clear out cheaper orders, and that's the part I sympathize with the most. The worst part is that it's entirely possible that it could happen even without Virtuix intending for it. If a European shipping company is like "hey, we heard this huge hubbub on the interwebs, and we see what the problem is, and we can totally deliver those Omnis to the backers at a reasonable rate" Virtuix would look super bad if they accepted that offer after so many backers have already been loosed from the system.
  • steffen1980steffen1980 Posts: 89
    edited December 2016
    Where we find that it could be that we maybe got chosen when you finally released your omni?

And we've got already an order confirmation and Not an pre-Order confirmation.

www.virtuix.com Order Confirmation"
    the first line of the mail is:
    "Thank you for placing your order. Your order number is xxxx, placed xx/xx/xxxx at xx:xx PM. "

last line of the mail
    "Thank you for your purchase and for supporting the Omni! Virtual Reality is just a step away. "

After this you are already change the Status to "ordered" and then you have to ship our "orders".
    edited December 2016
    You couldn't refund our order with this status. With your confirmation email you change the Status from pre-ordered to ordered and this you couldn't never change. That would bei impossible.The real point of view: . And you couldn't do anything other as to send us our ordered omnis. You also provide us with this status with your own confirmation. Your refund doesn't affect orders. Them are no longer pre-orders at this point.
  • I also can see my order, when i click on orders.
  • An order is not an pre-order right?
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    @steffen1980 I hate to say it but its done, it sucks, but there not shipping international orders. There is nothing you or anyone else can do about it. Everyone is just beating a dead horse at this point. Get your money back, and hopefully one day Virtuix will open up international orders.
  • JohnMarkusJohnMarkus Posts: 20
    edited December 2016
    Well, their Chinese partner says that they can ship and provide support to entire Asia market. So as far as Asia is concerned, Virtuix's claim does not stand.

Virtuix is currently processing my refunds (I emailed them to put my refunds on HOLD).
    If they successfully refund, I am out of the game. If they fail to refund (there are some banking regulations in Japan that make money transfer difficult), who knows what will happen next (I may get extra month of interest !)
    edited December 2016
    Yes but it's an Order and no pre-Order. The should have no abilitys to cancel with this changing of status. They changed from pre-ordered to ordered. Than they have to send us pur omnis.
  • And they already sent units in near from me in Nuremburg and other countries too. You see it's possible to sent the omnis. It's already very often done. Thats with the status ordered you never can refund is this Status is happened.
  • That's nothing than lies and cheats. And its really sucks.
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    Well if thats true @JohnMarkus then thats good new
    edited December 2016
    So it becomes to be really fishy.
    The so called "no worldwide delivery", is now "USA for sure if you don't ask for refund (but please do), perhaps Asia (but you will be scalped by our distributor) , Australia could be...., Europe ( depends the trouble you make to us)
    @GreyAcumen , Zenbane leave that body !.. (it is is difficult to understand but it is funny)

history never repeats
    https://www.techinasia.com/pirate3d-hits-major-cashflow-issue-delivered-40-orders
  • @giroudf - sorry, I'm just not getting the reference, not even via google. Is there a particular game or movie I could add to a search for better relevance?
    edited December 2016
    edited December 2016
    That should got many others, too? And the email With thank you for your "order".

Thank you for your Omni package Pre-Order and for reaching out.

Just for your information, your order and account will be transferred to our new online store in the next few weeks. We will reach out to you with your account login information then.

Your Pre-Order is for the final version of the Omni. The product you saw will be what you receive.

Let us know if we can help with anything else,

Cxxxxn.
    edited December 2016
    And in the email After the buy on homepage say thank you for order an Omni .... thank you for your purchase and and and. Then the send to other cosumers in US. This should be impossible at this point when already prodcing and sending out the omni. Are the asian Market and the Canada Market the same as international shipping? You should find an different choice for us thats maybe impossible what you do. If your project fails you have to cancel everything and not only for a few chosen ones.

Please Talk with us to find an helpful solution.
    edited December 2016
    deep breath, don't panic. yep it hurts but it is not for long.
    I already got a long list for what do with my refunded money
    Only problem, i am still waiting for (1 week).
  • All Ukrainian pre-orederers please text me to [email protected] I have something to discuss with you!!!
  • AdminoAdmino Posts: 38
    edited December 2016
    @admin,
    I'm just curious, but does Hero Entertainment have exclusive rights to the Omni in Asia? Would you be able to create partnerships with other distributors in Asia (in particularly countries other than China)?
    I ask because I'm not sure what presence, if any, HE have in Japan (or other countries outside China) and because HE have stated that they are going to concentrate on commercial venues and are not interested in the consumer industry.
    it's clear the the price magnitude listed for kickstarters and pre-order is a thing of the past.
    Even if you manage the way or another to get an omni, it will be at the current arcade price (several thousands of $)
  • Those prices are all but guaranteed to also include one pair of all shoe sizes,a computer above min spec for v.r, all three harness sizes as well as probably one of each assecories available.
    edited December 2016
    I have now accept there sucking criminal refund-request. See in you emails. And hope we see us in hell. In build my own diy treadmil. I'm sure it will be work better than your scrap of plastic. I wait only 3 days for the money or you should better sending the package. And for now hurry up virtuix!!!!!! In this world is no place for lamers.
    i am waiting my refund for more than 1 week now, so your 3 days are pretty ... (put whatever you want here)
  • How long it tooks?
    edited December 2016
    Whatdo they want after this spectacle. They have to hurry up then i leave them a window between 3 days. It's the minimum what they should do. Them let us wait too long and for the empty promises.
    edited December 2016
    Them send the email and say the money will ne back in 1 week. i only get back ~ 530 for over too years. I hope they choke on it.
    edited December 2016
    got a bright idea.
    could they sell us only the puck and the electronic, so we can build our own omni.
    the pucks and the electronic should not be a big deal for transport.

or use this
  • We need only the plastics ^^ but i'm sure we find something different o:)