Creating & Selling a VR Framework on the Unity Asset store

AscensiAscensi Posts: 116
edited December 2016 in Omni Suggestions
I believe Virtuix should think about creating a VR framework to get developers and more specifically non programmers up to speed and crank out as many games as possible.
I think you could sell it on the Unity asset store.. what ever work you do in programming, it could be sold not only as a game form but also the framework to developers.
This is one such company that did but they removed the sales of it.. https://www.immerseinteractive.com/ the price was high something like $1200 or so some well have released theirs on the Unity asset store for less than half! Anyway it's another way to help keep Virtuix funded but also offering a quick way for Virtuix games to be available.

Comments

• xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    They already have Unity and a UE4 SDK's. You can download them for free.
    http://www.virtuix.com/resource-center/
  • AscensiAscensi Posts: 116
    edited December 2016
    Thanks xxann5, I've been using the sdk but I'm talking about a custom VR quest/templating system.. I suggested a Voice recognition system whereby your words can trigger events/animations by a keyword in text form on the Omni game Ideas thread. the SDK is only to get the Omni working in your game for your player character, it's not a full game template system; World management, levels,menu, dialogue, quest & social system etc.

There are many available on the Unity asset store but weren't developed with VR in mind. I just think there could/should be a turn key system to speed up development for new games made specifically for VR.
    Interesting, Cant say i know much about any of that. It makes sense though.

Perhaps this could be an opportunity for you to put something together like that?
  • AscensiAscensi Posts: 116
    edited December 2016
    xxann5 said:

Interesting, Cant say i know much about any of that. It makes sense though.

Perhaps this could be an opportunity for you to put something together like that?

I would like to although I think I would want a team to work together to do it. Each part could be made very robust, optimized and to make it compatible for different platforms. I also don't have an Omni to work with at this time. I'm suggesting this for the Virtuix to thrive and not be limited to the sales of Omnis but to create a turnkey system that gets their partners started with little effort and become successful so that their business is also reflected on Virtuix - both working together make each other stronger..this is also why I'm taking the time and adding ideas that can be revolutionary/fitting for a VR experience.

Imagine.. in most games people have to stop and click on a button or character in order to get something to happen. I think that the less you know/think that you're playing a game the more immersive it is.. so take away the Hud, teleportation via trigger unless the player finds a teleport device, remove the laser pointer etc. So now imagine you actually asking/verbalizing to the NPC/CPU player a question and based on keyword variables "and, if, else" and other specific targeted keywords of person place or thing. These kinds of behaviors are commonly made for AI movement and reactions but I think we can now optionally use Voice to play out your journey/path. Whether we use words or emotion sounds (our reactions) could help reshape games.. When games are intense/tough gamers often vocalize their frustration or success, rarely are the players silent.

I think it would of been useful if Vive controllers contain heartrate detection -trigger more intensity or lessen it, monitor health etc.

Back to developing a robust VR framework -definitely need more people on this -some developers specialize in particular areas like AI, or Landscape, Modeling etc and some can oversee the whole thing and have technical insight to say specific things can't be included or need to be.
    Good points. I am sure they will at least consider it.