Touch Pre-order finally arriving

Has anyone else on here gotten their Touch yet?
--------------------------------------
Cheez\/\/iz
Omni Backer #40!
Rift Backer #2,770 (That was a good one!)
Middle Tennessee

Comments

• I know some people have gotten theirs already. I've seen people using them in altspace. @gleamingsands has gotten his and has a video of setting it up too
  • whopperman88whopperman88 Posts: 5
    edited January 6
    I just got my touch setup yesterday (recieved it just after chrstmas) - and I will say that they did an outstanding job with the touch controller.....all I can say is WOW - probably the best gaming experience since the first time I played a shooter (COD1) or the first time I played an MMO (WOW). I only got through the turtorial last night and spent nearly 15 minutes trying and getting better at juggling some pop cans on the desk....so cool.

Anyone who reads this - I could not recommend the touch enough!! (cant wait to try I expect you to die, the climb, and sports challenge VR this weekend!)
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 308
    @whopperman88 - are you just comparing touch to basic VR, or are you comparing it against the Vive system? I absolutely agree that touch controls and some sort of room to actually move around in make a huge impact on the sense of immersion, almost to the same scale that going from 2d to Nvidia 3d glasses, and then from the 3d glasses to an actual VR headset have, possibly to an even greater extent.
  • I'm only comparing to regular VR (the rift by itself) - I have not had the chance to try the HTC Vive yet, but would love to give it a try. I'm just extremely satisfied with the feel and the desgin of the touch (I believe it was worth the wait). I'm very exited to use it with the OMNI in TraVR and all the other titles coming out soon! (killing floor incursion looks awesome).
  • SlopeySlopey Posts: 24

@whopperman88 - are you just comparing touch to basic VR, or are you comparing it against the Vive system? I absolutely agree that touch controls and some sort of room to actually move around in make a huge impact on the sense of immersion, almost to the same scale that going from 2d to Nvidia 3d glasses, and then from the 3d glasses to an actual VR headset have, possibly to an even greater extent.

I have both the Vive, and Rift+Touch, and right now, I've packed the Vive away and I'm using the Rift for roomscale (with a 10m active USB extension for the other sensor). Works really really well. All the room scale goodness you get with the Vive experience, but with the vastly superior (imho) touch controllers, and the ergonomically superior Rift (the only downside being I can't fit glasses on in the Rift but can on the Vive, but as I'm only -1.25, I can get away with that).

QuivR on the Touch is amazing! Job Simulator is far better on touch, and I much prefer Touch for Space Pirate Trainer.
  • CheezWizCheezWiz Posts: 74
    Finally got my touch controllers working last night and I have to say that they were worth the wait! They seem very polished and stable and most importantly, ergonomic. I have had hands on the vive controller but not used it in VR. I much prefer the fit and feel of the touch controllers for sure.
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Middle Tennessee
  • CheezWizCheezWiz Posts: 74
    @Slopey did you see that you can get corrective lenses for the rift and vive? Then no glasses needed.
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Middle Tennessee
  • SlopeySlopey Posts: 24
    Yeah, however I'm only -1.25 in each eye so I don't need them. I can imagine they'd be a pain to take on and off unless you're exclusively using the Rift yourself. My kids/friends are all over the Rift/Vive so it swaps between people all the time, so best to stay with the stock config.