New Price In China: $3865(¥26888)

Surprise! Surprise! This is the price for one unit of Virtuix Omni In China, where all devices built. Don't tell me Delivery Cost is Expensive in mainland China. Will it be more expensive than shipping to US?

@admin How dare you talk anything about "DREAM" in your posts: "to get a VR setup with an Omni in every household". We customers support you and your products, the much higher price is your way to pay back for your customer? For $3865, I could buy 4 Virtuix Omni devices to US and ship them back to China!

Don't tell the world anything about your DREAM @admin Now the only thing you cared is MONEY.

Ship my device to me if you still wish to keep your DREAM. I can pay more for your shipping cost.

Comments

• xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    You should really know what your talking about before opening your mouth.

That is *NOT* a consumer Omni that is a commercial Omni. Like every commercial variant of a consumer device it is more expensive. You will likely receive all three belt sizes as well as one of every shoe size, perhaps even two pairs of each shoe size. However the real cost is for the support, commercial products come with a much better support SLA often same or next day on site service tech. A year or two of that level support is also likely included.

While it still sucks that they are not shipping consumer Omni's world wide anymore, In the future I would refrain from seeing one number and assuming everything else.

• sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,059
    @spaceoi A higher price doesn't imply that the company willingly abandoned consumer sales in favour of a more profitable business model. If that were the case, Virtuix would have simply suspended consumer sales and honoured the ones that had already been made instead of refunding international customers and backers. No company wants the public embarrassment of that, and certainly no company wants to upset their earliest supporters. Clearly it was projected that if Virtuix attempted to ship and service Omnis to every location to which those Omnis were destined, it would be suicide. Even if you were to pay the full amount for shipping and accepted it without warranty, the situation is more complicated than that. There are legal requirements in some countries to provide service, and also there is the operating budget of the company to consider. Virtuix does not have the luxury of a cash-rich parent organisation that can maintain it through lean times. The dream has been sacrificed temporarily for the sake of survival, not greed. I try to focus on the positives - I think the Omni's presence in arcades will result in further improvements to the product, and accelerate the development of compatible content. In the long run, that will be better for consumers once the Omni does go on sale to the public again, as I hope it will.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • @sutekiB Thanks for your reply.
    sutekiB said:

Even if you were to pay the full amount for shipping and accepted it without warranty, the situation is more complicated than that. There are legal requirements in some countries to provide service, and also there is the operating budget of the company to consider.

Now you guys begin to consider that "There are legal requirements in some countries to provide service", after several years CONSIDERING! In developed countries I believe there might be a requirement for special products, while for most developing countries and most kinds of products, there is no problem for legal sale. You have mentioned that the customer "accepted it without warranty", so what kind of services will the customer would be ask for?
    sutekiB said:

The dream has been sacrificed temporarily for the sake of survival, not greed.

Well, there are so many ways for surviving, you guys CHOOSE the most greedy one. I don't need to provide my advices for you since you must have been told many ways to survive. I didn't even think about the "GREEDY" word before you mention it. PROFIT, PROFIT, PROFIT. Apparently it is not about survival.
  • xxann5 said:

You should really know what your talking about before opening your mouth.

That is *NOT* a consumer Omni that is a commercial Omni. Like every commercial variant of a consumer device it is more expensive. You will likely receive all three belt sizes as well as one of every shoe size, perhaps even two pairs of each shoe size. However the real cost is for the support, commercial products come with a much better support SLA often same or next day on site service tech. A year or two of that level support is also likely included.

While it still sucks that they are not shipping consumer Omni's world wide anymore, In the future I would refrain from seeing one number and assuming everything else.

Thanks for your reply @xxann5 . You must be a partner otherwise how could you know the price will include the accessaries? LOL, NO BODY have heard YingXiong in China, and I just found it's a mobile game company. Do you really wish to count on “Rovio mobile” to provide "same or next day on site service tech" for you?
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 308
    edited December 2016
    @spaceoi - it's a commercial Omni. How the heck are you going to use an Omni commercially without an assortment of shoe and harness sizes, so that it fits the variety of people that might be using it? (and in fact having multiple sizes for each so that people can be getting suited up while the person before them is still playing, otherwise there could be a lot of "dead air" time between users) Why would Virtuix allow end users to experience a subpar Omni experience by not using a boom system and also having a rack so people can put their controllers down more easily as they are getting into the system?

OMG, @xxann5 realizes that fire is hot and falling from great distances without the appropriate equipment is dangerous. To understand how these basic properties of the universe works, he must be some sort of minor deity!
  • Thanks @GreyAcumen I didn't differentiate commercial Omni and consumer ones. Apologize for my misunderstanding! @xxann5

Not a problem @spaceoi I cant blame anyone for losing there cool after being old they wont be getting something they have been eagerly awaiting for years. I am sure I would.
  • AdminoAdmino Posts: 38
    edited December 2016
    @xxann5 @spaceoi @GreyAcumen
    I contacted Hero Entertainment and asked them. You get one omni, one harness, one set of shoes, one set of tracking pods, 6 games, and one year's warranty for that price. The rack and boom still have to be bought separately (most likely from Virtuix?).
    It is for commercial use though, and since commercial users have deeper pockets as well as more to gain than individual consumers, I'm not surprised they are charging more for it.
    That said, I think their price is still way too expensive considering the size of the competitive VR market.
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 308
    edited December 2016
    @Admino - that doesn't make any sense unless the shoes/harness have been redesigned to have a scalable size adjustment. Are Arcades expected to run a Cinerella event where whomsoever the Virtuix shoes doth fit may playeth the VR game without verily hurling all over the fuckingeth place?
    @Admin - Why call it a commercial package if it obviously doesn't include enough accessories to be used commercially?
    @Admino if that's true then that is somewhat ridiculous from a commercial point of view. Unless they decided that if someone really wants the Omni for personal use they will sell it to them at the commercial price with out all the benefits, which is not very nice, though if you are using it for personal use why would you want 2 dozen pairs of shoe's, lol.
    Happy holidays to all who celebrated some event in some form.

@GreyAcumen
    It doesn't make sense, but then neither does this whole debacle.
    Unfortunately, I misread the information provided (most likely due to being distracted with work); there is only one game, not 6.
    I don't think Virtuix is responsible for the price or deciding what is in the packages (I certainly hope not).
    I'm at work now, but I'll provide a link later to a PDF of the email I was given.

@xxann5
    I did originally think about getting a few different sets of shoes for family and friends so I wouldn't have minded any extra :smiley: .

@Admin
    Based on your initial post, subsequent comments, and the price and package offered by Hero Entertainment, the Omni is expected to have a very high fail rate, most likely over 100% (i.e. at least once in the first year). Any thoughts on making Omni 2 more modular so that that only the effected modules could be shipped for repair instead of the entire unit?
    That would drastically reduce costs, allow for a more reasonable retail price and drastically increase your (potential) customer base (which will still be limited to the number of VR users anyway).

@GreyAcumen

FWIW, this is the link to the PDF I created of two emails I received from Hero Entertainment (edited to remove my name and email address).
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9bJFEHxccGBOXRVV25XbTdOejA