Refund Problem: PayPal said Virtuix account has problem

Dear,

I'm Poom the international customer, order#2170.
Currently, refund money or eCheck in PayPal has a problem because Virtuix account still has problm on PayPal.
I just hangup the phone from PayPal, they said I need to contact Virtuix ASAP.
The transition still pending, and I will not get refund money until Virtuix fix a problem.

eCheck still pending for 2 weeks and today is nothing.

I can not wait any longer, because you destroy your credit enough.

FYI. another customers who are get the refund program, please check the account.

Comments

• Same problem here. The eCheck appeared some time ago in my paypal account, but it did not clear yet. It is overdue for more than a week now
  • XainXain Posts: 122
    Uh.. I don't think you shouod be giving out your information here. Email Virtuix with your problem or make a general post such as, 'Anyone else experiencing refund issues when using Paypal?'
  • @Xain - it's not like they're giving away their real name or what email their paypal account is attached to, but when dealing with money, less info out in the general public the better.

As for what the problem is, I can't help but wonder if a group of upset Omni-pre-order customers decided to reject/deny Virtuix's refund or flag the transaction as a scam attempt, thinking it will somehow force Virtuix to send them an Omni instead or just purely out of spite, and because it's been flagged enough, paypal has to treat this as a legitimate potential scam group and put a halt on all of Virtuix's transactions until Virtuix demonstrates that these transactions are legitimate.
    That's all pure speculation on my part though, based only on some of the attitudes I've seen from some of the complaints, not the slightest bit on any actual evidence.
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,040
    edited December 2016
    @GreyAcumen I believe the high rate of transactions can cause issues with PayPal. I'll check on this.
    Update: I've reported the problem and it's being looked into. It may take some time to resolve so please bear with us.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • @SutekiB - Good point. It's been a while since I ever ran into it, but I do think there is some sort of cap on how much money you can send each month. I had assumed that this wouldn't be the case for a business like Virtuix, but I suppose there still might be some sort of normal delay on this kind of thing.
  • adminadmin Posts: 164
    Hi all, sorry about these delays. PayPal is giving us a headache, as their system constantly blocks certain transactions or limits our account without reason. While we've been able to process more than 1,000 refunds so far, we are working hard to get the remaining refunds over the finish line. Please bear with us while we sort out these PayPal issues. Best regards, Jan.
  • webaggressivewebaggressive Posts: 3
    edited December 2016
    And what about Wiretransfer?I received an e-mail from Virtuix that they will proceed with refund in upcomming week, already 3 weeks passed after that!!! WTF??? How long should I wait???!!!
    Hi @webaggressive, I will check on the status of this for you.
  • GeonsGeons Posts: 5
    admin said:

Hi all, sorry about these delays. PayPal is giving us a headache, as their system constantly blocks certain transactions or limits our account without reason. While we've been able to process more than 1,000 refunds so far, we are working hard to get the remaining refunds over the finish line. Please bear with us while we sort out these PayPal issues. Best regards, Jan.

Do you have and information about the deadline of your refund program?
    @Geons No refund deadline has been announced, but I recommend submitting your details now, in case you should forget to claim it.
  • sutekiB said:

Hi @webaggressive, I will check on the status of this for you.

Any info about my case?
    Hi @webaggressive I have asked about this, and I expect to hear back from the person in charge of refunds sometime tomorrow.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 202
    This is just silly... why are you even using paypal? You have shipping info, simply confirm with the user the info is correct and send a check.. or confer with user and issue a payment to their bank account / credit card / debit card used to purchase etc... PayPal is a VERY silly way of issuing the refunds as you have demonstrated with the abundance of issues. There is so many better ways to do this that aren't paypal lol.
    It was never a problem until we went over a certain threshold, so it was unexpected. Checks are not really practical internationally, which is where most of the refunds are going.
  • TorerkTorerk Posts: 5
    DanteM said:

This is just silly... why are you even using paypal? You have shipping info, simply confirm with the user the info is correct and send a check.. or confer with user and issue a payment to their bank account / credit card / debit card used to purchase etc... PayPal is a VERY silly way of issuing the refunds as you have demonstrated with the abundance of issues. There is so many better ways to do this that aren't paypal lol.

Checks are an old system that is not in use anymore, at least in Norway. Regarding the PayPal problem, if it is a limit issue and they fix it, it will be solved and is quite efficient. I complained to PayPal that their information is miss leading. It says that the money is received, but at the same time that the money is pending. That can be understood as if PayPal actually have the money, but they are holding them for some kind of reason. It turned out that they have not received the money and they expected me to contact Virtuix. Something they should have informed me about.
  • AdminoAdmino Posts: 38
    Checks have never been a thing over here in Japan. People usually pay in cash and it's only relatively recently that credit cards gained popularity (I remember once many years ago being told by a friend not to pay by credit card as it gives the appearance of having no money!). Checks can be processed by Japanese banks, but you'll usually end up owing the bank money in charges so it's not worth it. International wire transfers are also pretty expensive. I, for one, am glad that Virtuix used Paypal despite its shortcomings.
  • Any news on the Paypal issue ?
  • GatxclubGatxclub Posts: 8
    Everything just finish last week to my PayPal.