First consumer Omni Delivery??

CheezWizCheezWiz Posts: 74
edited January 19 in Lounge
So far, I seem to be the only one on twitter and Facebook posting about getting their Omni.

The final mile delivery contractor was great, Assembly was easy enough.

@admin Can you confirm that the packing material is LDPE #4? I am hoping that I can recycle all of this foam, rather than land-fill it.

--------------------------------------
Cheez\/\/iz
Omni Backer #40!
Rift Backer #2,770 (That was a good one!)
Middle Tennessee

Comments

• DanteMDanteM Posts: 202
    CheezWiz said:

So far, I seem to be the only one on twitter and Facebook posting about getting their Omni.

CheezWiz... I'm equally sad that I don't have mine, hate you for having one already :P , and stoked for mine to arrive one day haha.

also love the Thrustmaster warthog hotas you have on that chair setup. I have a warthog too, I'm thinking of making a motion driven piston chair to react to the functions and make it feel like the chair is tilting and such for immersion. One of the perks of working at a university is all the engineering students willing to help for free haha.
  • CheezWizCheezWiz Posts: 74
    DanteM said:

CheezWiz said:

CheezWiz... I'm equally sad that I don't have mine, hate you for having one already :P , and stoked for mine to arrive one day haha.

also love the Thrustmaster warthog hotas you have on that chair setup. I have a warthog too, I'm thinking of making a motion driven piston chair to react to the functions and make it feel like the chair is tilting and such for immersion. One of the perks of working at a university is all the engineering students willing to help for free haha.
    Hey, I work at a University too! lol
    I have also been thinking about a 6 DOF platform for my chair. Or at the least, a side-side front-back tilter for it.
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Middle Tennessee
  • Cheez I'm coming over...
  • Nossforra2Nossforra2 Posts: 84
    edited January 19

Cheez there is a gentleman on reddit got his 4 days ago ,you are the only other that's mentioned it.
    I really cannot stand Reddit. I do not like the layout or how it works.. ack!
    I missed this one earlier from a University in Arizona as well:

So there is some buzz happening.
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Middle Tennessee
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 142
    im REALLY curious to know whats going on with the shipping schedule. its almost the end of january and still nothing from virtuix
  • travis1409travis1409 Posts: 114
    I too am wondering why we haven't heard anything from Virtuix. I am SO jealous about you getting the Omni and I can't wait to get mine. I have heard nothing and I live in plano, only a few hours from Austin. If it would make it go by faster I would go pick it up right now. I hope you give regular updates about how much you like it, how easy or difficult it is to get going and play games.
  • xxann5xxann5 Posts: 593
    I also have also revieaved my Omni!
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 202
    Backer #614 checking in ^.^ still no Omni, and no email or word from Virtuix about any form of ETA yet but I'm hoping it'll be soon :D @xxann5 what backer # were you now that you have yours?
    So today I am mounting sensors and routing wires...
    These inexpensive security camera mounts from Amazon are threaded correctly for the Rift sensors.

Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Middle Tennessee
  • Sponge101Sponge101 Posts: 428
    Nice. Here's my work:

Pretty, isn't she.
    Sponge101 said:

Nice. Here's my work:
    Pretty, isn't she.

Songe, looks like you were trying to use those removable 3M double-sided sticky pads. Did they end up gripping enough to remove the tape and thumbtacks?
    I had not thought of those, but they are strong enough for us to hang heavy wreaths on our doors over the holidays.
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Middle Tennessee
    edited January 23
    @CheezWiz. Each of those strips holds 5lb, I used two for added assurance because of the camera base bigger surface area. The camera and base weigh around 1/2 lb -- it should hold fine. One strip should be enough but the camera's so expensive I used two with tape and tacks for extra support and peace of mind. If you're buying them get the outdoors version, they work in more extreme temps if you want them for that purpose.
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 308
    @Sponge101 - using two was a good decision, not so much because of any particular surface area issue, but because having the post stick out creates a lever arm effect vastly different than what those strips are typically used for. I hope you remembered to clean that area of the wall first, and let dry before you stuck those strips on. any dust or grim on the wall will vastly reduce the effectiveness of the strips.
    @GreyAcumen. Yup, followed the directions on the back of the box to the t.

There's a 16 lb extreme heavy duty version for anyone who's paranoid about it falling.
  • flamaestflamaest Posts: 36
    Please post your order number if possible.