Omni Arena with Oculus Rift

OK,
So I have my Omni and all of my sensors setup and I am trying to use the Omni Arena application.
Game launches fine and the Rift and Touch controllers are recognized,
Only problem is that my eye-level is just an inch or so above the floor.

I have set my HMD height in the SteamVR app at 74" but that does not seem to affect the Omni Arena viewpoint.
Anyone have any tips for an issue like this?
--------------------------------------
Cheez\/\/iz
Omni Backer #40!
Rift Backer #2,770 (That was a good one!)
Middle Tennessee

Comments

• MarkVMarkV Posts: 23
    Please keep us informed if you figure it out!
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,040
    @CheezWiz I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. There are Oculus Rift builds for Training Ops and Shadow Ops but unfortunately there isn't one for Omni Arena.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 308
    Has virtuix done anything to officially support the Oculus TOUCH specifically?
  • CheezWizCheezWiz Posts: 74
    The touch shows up as hands in the arena. Seems like SteamVR is handling the in-between just fine. I just need to be able to set my eye height inside the game or in a config file somewhere?
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Middle Tennessee
  • GreyAcumenGreyAcumen Posts: 308
    Sounds like you need to run the standing room only VR room setup app for steam VR. There's both room scale setup and standing room setup, (different options within the same VR app) and omni might default to standing room only setup, which, if you've never done any settings for, may be defaulting to "0.0" as your current default height.

Sounds like you need to run the standing room only VR room setup app for steam VR. There's both room scale setup and standing room setup, (different options within the same VR app) and omni might default to standing room only setup, which, if you've never done any settings for, may be defaulting to "0.0" as your current default height.

Unfortunately, I have gone through that setup multiple times. My POV is correct in the SteamVR applications. It just seems that Omni Arena is not honoring those settings. If the programmers built in a way to set POV height via a config file or something, it would be working fine with the Rift. Reading online it seems games will often have that capability.
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Middle Tennessee
  • samisami Posts: 58
    does not work for me either cheezwiz , another question : have you been able to use oculus touch controllers in travr games ?
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
    @sami although you can play Training Ops with the Rift, you will need an Xbox controller to shoot - unfortunately the games do not support the Touch controllers.
    @sutekiB , good idea .. I might try that !
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
  • WilfmanWilfman Posts: 18
    Just another reason that stifles the uptake of the Omni. Lack of support for other HMD's. Doesn't touch now have a drop in SDK for Unity? Why there isn't something like this for the Omni makes me wonder ...
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 142
    sutekiB said:

@sami although you can play Training Ops with the Rift, you will need an Xbox controller to shoot - unfortunately the games do not support the Touch controllers.

is this going to be fixed?
    Hi @RABID, there is no ETA on Touch support for Virtuix games - sorry about that.
    sutekiB said:

Hi @RABID, there is no ETA on Touch support for Virtuix games - sorry about that.

this is not very encouraging. if Virtuix own software is incompatible with one of the 2 major headset manufactures i don't have very high hopes for future non-comercial partner support.
    Don't be discouraged! VR is quite volatile still. Developers are trying to work out which avenue represents the best return on their investment. For a while it seemed it would be consumer, but sales have not hit the heights people were hoping for, and we're seeing over-saturation of similar content (cockpit/teleportation/wave based). Yes that's partly due to the Omni's absence severely restricting the kind of content that can be produced, which must be having a cooling effect on HMD sales - but there is also the cost of VR equipment to the home user. This awareness of VR combined with high cost is driving consumers to commercial venues to experience it. This will eventually translate to home adoption. I expect to see games that were not made for VR have Omni support added to them, specifically because the Omni is a means for developers to earn money through commercial use of their content.

Now, this content may be modified slightly for that market - but once the SDK has been implemented, it wouldn't surprise me if some of these developers decided to role out VR/Omni support into their larger, consumer version of their games - after all they've done the integration, so why not? Home Omni users could then act at marketing for the commercial version of their game! I believe that effort being poured into commercial content is going to benefit consumers, and actually support the generation of consumer VR content - certainly in the long run, but possibly the effects may be felt much sooner. We've seen this before with the PS1/Saturn era, and I think we'll see it again. As you may know, Oculus does not allow commercial use of the Rift, and the Omni is not currently available to new home users (hopefully this will change) - so in the meantime, you're likely to see much more diverse content that supports the Omni available through the Steam store.
    that still dosent address why virtuix software doesnt work with one of the 2 major VR headsets. that (along with delivery) should be a priority.
  • XainXain Posts: 122
    In their defense did the touch not go live like only 2 months ago or something? Kinda hard to program for something when the product wasn't even available. Just go on reddit and find that one program that lets a user emulate a rift or vive and it should work perfectly.
    If the developers could simply add the needed ability to set POV height, the rift would be working fine along with the touch controllers thanks to STEAM.
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Middle Tennessee
    Xain said:

In their defense did the touch not go live like only 2 months ago or something? Kinda hard to program for something when the product wasn't even available. Just go on reddit and find that one program that lets a user emulate a rift or vive and it should work perfectly.

I think what you are talking about is the reverse , allowing vive users to use their headsets and controllers to run Rift games and Touch controller games.
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
  • XainXain Posts: 122
    @sami Then it was something else, if I can use my psvr on my pc by having it emulate a vive Im sure there is something for the Rift.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TrinusVR/