GTA 5 profile , ‘SutekiB’s GTA V Profile for Virtuix Omni & VorpX’ (ID: 712133704)

Hello ,

I was in the process of running GTA 5 , untill I reached point 13 on the PDF file downloaded from omni site. imgur.com/a/Mq7P5

I noticed that this step no longer works in steam big picture mode , I have tried everything to find custom profiles for GTA 5 , and nothing seems to work , after going to manage game inside big picture mode , I dont see controller configurator anywhere. please check this photo : http://imgur.com/a/LFFBN


cannot find controller configurator in VR or desktop modes.

please advice me on what to do , thanks.
Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
Custom open loop EK watercooling.
Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.

Comments

  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,045
    Hi @sami, I'm happy to help if I can. After a quick check, I established the controller configuration option is still there:

    image

    To help me troubleshoot, could you first tell me if you have a Steam controller connected and powered? You won't see that option otherwise.

    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • samisami Posts: 61
    @sutekiB , Thanks for replying , I did not know a steam controller is required, I dont think it was mentioned in the PDF , I do have one , sadly it is in my other home in another country !

    the amount of tinkering that is required to run a game on the omni is really INSANE ! I think Virtuix spent too much time perfecting the packaging , the manuals , the product .. but totally forgot about game support ! and 100% forgot about oculus rift and touch... having to turn cameras away before lunching a game and then turning them back on is just redicilous , there has to be a better way to start games with an oculus rift.
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 147
    sami said:

    . having to turn cameras away before lunching a game and then turning them back on is just redicilous , there has to be a better way to start games with an oculus rift.

    WHAT????? are you kidding? you have to do this every single time?

  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,045
    edited February 9
    Hi @sami, I'm sorry you don't have access to your Steam controller, I am a fan of that peripheral. Although it's not required - you can also use an Xbox controller! Indeed an Xpadder profile is provided along with the guide. GTAV does require more tinkering that some other legacy games I'm afraid. The guide is one of my older ones, and contains some details that I've since taken to separating into an 'advanced' companion guide - making the basic guide less daunting. The list of controls are also spread out rather confusingly, whereas later guides have them all in a table at the end. BTW, the easiest games to set up are Vive mods, as they don't usually require VorpX, and they often use the Vive controllers (so no need for Xpadder or loading Steam controller profiles). I would definitely look into buying a Vive if you want to get the most out of your Omni.

    Regarding content, you are right this is a challenge. The Rift was originally designed for seated gameplay, and has tracking issues when played in a 360 degree format. The Vive has a more advanced tracking system and is better suited to 360 play. However, on their own they are both limited to certain game types due to artificial locomotion induced simulator sickness. Naturally, they have each been working with developers to produce content that can be played comfortably with just their system. This places a large burden on Virtuix - a much smaller company than either Facebook or HTC, to support developers who want to make content for the Omni. Fortunately, there is a lot of interest as many people dislike the over-reliance on teleportation mechanics, and are looking for a change from wave shooters and cockpit games. Indeed, games that support the Omni offer compelling reasons to try new content, as they give you a valuable extra dimension to explore without boundaries. I've played a couple of the upcoming games that use the Omni's SDK, and I can tell you they're amazing! I hope to upload a video of one of them soon.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • samisami Posts: 61
    RABID said:

    sami said:

    . having to turn cameras away before lunching a game and then turning them back on is just redicilous , there has to be a better way to start games with an oculus rift.

    WHAT????? are you kidding? you have to do this every single time?

    I dont do it my self , but this is what virtuix wants you and tells you to do , not sure when I saw it , but I saw a video about that uploaded by virtuix on youtube. they say it will minimze head tracking problems if you do so.

    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
  • samisami Posts: 61
    sutekiB said:

    Hi @sami, I'm sorry you don't have access to your Steam controller, I am a fan of that peripheral. Although it's not required - you can also use an Xbox controller! Indeed an Xpadder profile is provided along with the guide. GTAV does require more tinkering that some other legacy games I'm afraid. The guide is one of my older ones, and contains some details that I've since taken to separating into an 'advanced' companion guide - making the basic guide less daunting. The list of controls are also spread out rather confusingly, whereas later guides have them all in a table at the end. BTW, the easiest games to set up are Vive mods, as they don't usually require VorpX, and they often use the Vive controllers (so no need for Xpadder or loading Steam controller profiles). I would definitely look into buying a Vive if you want to get the most out of your Omni.

    Regarding content, you are right this is a challenge. The Rift was originally designed for seated gameplay, and has tracking issues when played in a 360 degree format. The Vive has a more advanced tracking system and is better suited to 360 play. However, on their own they are both limited to certain game types due to artificial locomotion induced simulator sickness. Naturally, they have each been working with developers to produce content that can be played comfortably with just their system. This places a large burden on Virtuix - a much smaller company than either Facebook or HTC, to support developers who want to make content for the Omni. Fortunately, there is a lot of interest as many people dislike the over-reliance on teleportation mechanics, and are looking for a change from wave shooters and cockpit games. Indeed, games that support the Omni offer compelling reasons to try new content, as they give you a valuable extra dimension to explore without boundaries. I've played a couple of the upcoming games that use the Omni's SDK, and I can tell you they're amazing! I hope to upload a video of one of them soon.

    I got kind of dissappointed after trying VorpX , I bought it thinking that it will fix everything , but the amount of settings you need to adjust for each game is really alot ! I guess I will stick with Vive mods for now , do you know any other vive mods , other than doom BFG ? can you write a list please.

    I cannot wait for more Omni SDK games , looking forward to see those videos ! I hope they will support touch controllers from the start this time.

    Thanks @sutekiB
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,045
    Hey @sami, you might want to bookmark this thread - it's the one I will keep updated (the top post). http://forum.virtuix.com/discussion/2922/compatible-games-list
    Yes, there is an awesome Minecraft Vive mod, which I have a guide for.

    VorpX can be a hassle to set up, but it's worth it for some games. You should try Jedi Outcast, it's awesome. There's a video of me playing it on my channel. Yes, the hand motions are just for fun, but it plays really well:
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • samisami Posts: 61
    sutekiB said:

    Hey @sami, you might want to bookmark this thread - it's the one I will keep updated (the top post). http://forum.virtuix.com/discussion/2922/compatible-games-list
    Yes, there is an awesome Minecraft Vive mod, which I have a guide for.

    VorpX can be a hassle to set up, but it's worth it for some games. You should try Jedi Outcast, it's awesome. There's a video of me playing it on my channel. Yes, the hand motions are just for fun, but it plays really well:

    Dont mind the the hand motions :D , but this game is a little outdated if you ask me , it looks like its running very well from what I see , but I prefer to play something that would utilize my PC Power to the max.

    I bookmarked the thread and I will keep an eye on it for sure ! I just wish if you can give us a very detailed step by step guide for each game , or vorpx profile for each game and perhaps xpadder profiles. It would save me and many others alot of time. Am really bad at setting up the games ! I wish I could pay you to come over and set up everything for me as clearly you are a pro at this ! ( knock on wood ).
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
  • WombatcaveWombatcave Posts: 40
    Unfortunately VorpX is a necessary evil at this point. I dislike the program to no end as it is cumbersome and difficult to find a happy medium/compromise. However, AAA legacy titles utilizing Virtuix's keyboard compatibility are some of the greatest experiences available. With all the shortcoming, cursing, and frustration, once you get GTA V to work properly in VR with Omni, your jaw hits the floor, it is that incredible I assure you. I encourage you to stick with it and ask questions. I know I am more than willing to trouble shoot and help you wherever I can, and I am sure dozens of others are too. We all joined this for the same reason, and community inviolvement is most of the fun.
    Virtuix Omni - Mar.11 | HTC Vive | Oculus Rift | Logitech G25 | Saitek X52 PRO |
    I7 3820 16 gig RAM GTX 970 250gb SSD
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/thewombatcave
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vrcave/
Sign In or Register to comment.