People selling their kickstarter backer pre-orders on Ebay

Is this something Virtuix will honor? How would you do that? Also, some have stated that they are something like 4th or 10th in line. How can this be verified? Don't want to bid on something that isn't coming for another 2 or 3 years.

Comments

• XainXain Posts: 70
    They are lying as backer number 40 @CheezWiz has already gotten their Omni. I believe they have delievered to at least 300 backers so unless they physically have the Omni its a scam. Also they do not condone the selling of Omnis as someone on the forums wanted to cancel their preorder and I said I'd take it off their hands instead. Admin responded and was like, 'Bad Xain, don't do that.' Seeing as I already have an Omni preorder I don't mind as much, I just wanted another one for the family.

http://forum.virtuix.com/discussion/2948/want-to-cancel-pre-order-no-response-from-support#latest
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 988
    @MAYAman I would discourage buying an Omni from a re-seller. Even if they present what appears to be some document of authenticity, they may have their order cancelled - and you could still lose your money. Orders will likely not have their shipping address changed to a new owner, so there would be additional shipping charges involved (and these are considerable, given the weight and dimensions of the package). Support is also non-transferable, so you would not have the warranty.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • MAYAmanMAYAman Posts: 5
    Hmmmmm,

I find this particularly troubling that the warranty wouldn't be transferred? That sounds ridiculous. What does Virtuix care if its still the same code used for the kickstarter campaign.
    The shipping charges would be the shipping charges regardless of who receives it, I"m prepared to pay shipping charges. The seller states he's only selling his place in line with the code given him by Virtuix.
    I don't understand what the problem would be to transfer ownership. I have contacted this individual and gotten his address, business name *verified, and his home phone and cell phone. Also, Paypal and Ebay policy protects me as far as him selling something he doesn't have.
    I have also heard of other kickstarters selling their codes and Virtuix has indeed transferred ownership. Is this not accurate?
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 988
    Hi @MAYAman I advise against it because it creates the potential for a lot to go wrong. How do you know the coupon hasn't been used? If it has been used, you may have an agreement with this person, but the Omni may have to be shipped to their premises first, and then shipped to yours. Then, either each of you is paying one part of the shipping, or one of you is paying both parts. What if something happens to the Omni during the second delivery? The warranty is not transferred because Virtuix does not want to encourage a secondary market - where many Omni owners are re-selling their hardware again and again for ever increasing amounts. Either the warranty would have to keep being replenished (which makes no sense) or it would run out anyway. It's possible that codes have been transferred, but Virtuix has never condoned this practice. Re-selling has always been against the published T&C.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
  • XainXain Posts: 70
    Im not trying to bash Virtuix as a company here and I sort of understand where they are comming from even if I hate it. Think of it this way, all kickstarter orders and quite a few preorders are being sold at a huge loss. I myself preordered my Omni for 450, and if I am correct the new price is around 1k, that is if you were able to purchase it still. So thats me getting an Omni at half price! I wanna say some early bird kickstarters were able to get theres for 250-350, so they are getting an Omni at a fourth of the price! Then take into account that ebay sellers are going to hike up the price as it is no longer being sold AND if it was it would be for 1k if I were Virtuix I would first be pissed and secondly rather it be cancled so as not to lose money.

Honestly if Virtuix would allow it, when someone cancels their kickstarter/preorder have the option to let someone buy that slot for the full Omni price. That way the original buyer is refunded, Virtuix is then able to sell that Omni full price to someone and the buyer who bought the full price Omni gets a warranty and everything. I'd do it.
  • MAYAmanMAYAman Posts: 5
    Sorry just not agreeing with any of this. I'm not going to buy it but I had a great deal at $500
    All this has left a bad taste. Just release the thing already, at this rate it will be 2020 before anyone can buy one again and developers will have moved on. Frustrated!
  • zacki78zacki78 Posts: 1
    So how much the Omni going for right now ?
    Anybody knows ?
  • AdminoAdmino Posts: 38
    zacki78 said:

So how much the Omni going for right now ?
    Anybody knows ?

It's been a while since I last checked these forum. Being an ex-international backer there's obvoiusly not much incentive to stay involved here.
    The last time I checked, a single unit was going for around 6k-7k USD (as far as I recall) from Virtuix's distribution partner in Asia. That was a while ago though.