Arizona Sunshine , is it compatible after the new update ?

2

Comments

  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    admin said:

    Be aware that most VR game developers right now, including toppers like Survios (Raw Data) and Vertigo (Arizona Sunshine), make the majority of their revenues from the commercial entertainment market, not the consumer VR market. The Omni happens to be a great fit for commercial entertainment and will be in many VR arcades and gaming centers later this year, especially in China. This is the reason why game developers are starting to implement our SDK - to monetize their games via the Omni in commercial entertainment locations. In turn, those awesome games will likely be available to consumers as well.

    If that was the case then why is neither of those games named natively support the Omni? according to the Steam forums for both of those games, neither actually works with the Omni :/ ... do the "talks" with the dev's happen to include Virtuix offering them a paid contact or paying them money to incorporate the SDK into their game? Cause that would make this much easier on you and it gives them incentive. Idk about china but there isn't really a large market for VR arcades in the US and not a large user base of Omni's in general to give most dev's any reason to use the SDK without making some money off it. Plus it gives you more publicity for Omni and Virtuix in general.

    Can we get a straight answer if the forums are right or not?
    Does Arizona Sunshine support the Omni or not?

    Also Admin have you guys reached out to Radioactive games? their email is support@radioactivegame.com and their Open world Zombie survival game would be AMAZING on the Omni, it's like DayZ or H1Z1 but in VR and that would be legit as ****. They said they never "We haven't looked into Omni SDK, but we sure will. Thank you for suggestion!" when I asked them about it. You should get your dev contact team on this asap that game is gonna be sick with omni support.
  • samisami Posts: 65
    DanteM said:

    admin said:

    Idk about china but there isn't really a large market for VR arcades in the US and not a large user base of Omni's in general to give most dev's any reason to use the SDK without making some money off it. Plus it gives you more publicity for Omni and Virtuix in general.

    Can we get a straight answer if the forums are right or not?
    Does Arizona Sunshine support the Omni or not?

    .

    THIS +
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
  • XainXain Posts: 122
    @sami Honestly? They do not seem all that interested in providing the answers to my questions.
    forum.virtuix.com/discussion/2979/where-are-the-omni-arcades#latest
  • samisami Posts: 65
    sami said:

    DanteM said:

    admin said:

    Idk about china but there isn't really a large market for VR arcades in the US and not a large user base of Omni's in general to give most dev's any reason to use the SDK without making some money off it. Plus it gives you more publicity for Omni and Virtuix in general.

    Can we get a straight answer if the forums are right or not?
    Does Arizona Sunshine support the Omni or not?

    .

    THIS +

    Here is what people are saying on Sairento VR discussion on steam :


    what we have been saying is simply logic ..... devs to support omni SDK is a dream that will never happen , virtuix need to do something very quickly .. something like .. get that cash out of your pockets.
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    sami said:

    sami said:

    DanteM said:

    admin said:

    Idk about china but there isn't really a large market for VR arcades in the US and not a large user base of Omni's in general to give most dev's any reason to use the SDK without making some money off it. Plus it gives you more publicity for Omni and Virtuix in general.

    Can we get a straight answer if the forums are right or not?
    Does Arizona Sunshine support the Omni or not?

    .

    THIS +

    Here is what people are saying on Sairento VR discussion on steam :


    what we have been saying is simply logic ..... devs to support omni SDK is a dream that will never happen , virtuix need to do something very quickly .. something like .. get that cash out of your pockets.
    That's what I said, they should be making contracts and giving paid incentives to devs that add in the SDK for support. They would still make bank and help repair their reputation which world wide is even worse than cyberth now and that makes me sad cause I like this thing.
  • adminadmin Posts: 169
    Yes, we are actively working on this as a high priority. We are talking with more than 20 game developers about integrating our SDK and monetizing their game in our channel, and we continue to add more names to our list. Rest assured that more top content is on the way. Also, please continue to let us know what games you'd like to see and what studios to reach out to!
  • samisami Posts: 65
    admin said:

    Yes, we are actively working on this as a high priority. We are talking with more than 20 game developers about integrating our SDK and monetizing their game in our channel, and we continue to add more names to our list. Rest assured that more top content is on the way. Also, please continue to let us know what games you'd like to see and what studios to reach out to!

    thats awsome !

    Arizona sunshine is a must ! I think it is really suitable for the omni .. trying to think of other games , but I cannot come up with anything , lets be honest , Current VR games are not so great , nothing really stands out. just arizona sunshine for me at the moment , and hopefully new games that come out , you can try to talked to devs that are making "Stifled" looks like a cool game that uses locomotion. also SYREN from Hammerhead Games , Wilson’s Heart from Twisted Pixel , Get Even from The Farm 51

    but official mods would be cool ! maybe mods for Resident Evil 7 , Alien Isolation , Fallout 4 , GTA 5 , Skyrim , Doom , Firewatch , Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture , Layers of Fear , The Witness ... etc

    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    sami said:


    but official mods would be cool ! maybe mods for Resident Evil 7 , Alien Isolation , Fallout 4 , GTA 5 , Skyrim , Doom , Firewatch , Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture , Layers of Fear , The Witness ... etc

    Resident evil 7 is getting a VR port at the end of the year that would be better than the mod.

    Radioactive is coming out soon and would be awesome with Omni support.
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 155
    admin said:

    Yes, we are actively working on this as a high priority. We are talking with more than 20 game developers about integrating our SDK and monetizing their game in our channel, and we continue to add more names to our list. Rest assured that more top content is on the way. Also, please continue to let us know what games you'd like to see and what studios to reach out to!

    can you reach out to your own team to add oculus rift touch controllers support to Omni Arena and to Travr Shadow ops?
  • adminadmin Posts: 169
    Awesome, thanks! Just send us more names anytime. Hi RABID, yes, we'll look into that.
  • XainXain Posts: 122
    Hm, does The Gallery Call of the Starseed have it? I remember walking into a wishing well they had in the game and saw Virtuix Omni written on the walls.
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 155
    Quell 4D needs omni support. its a great retro style shooter.
    http://quellvr.com/
  • samisami Posts: 65
    Congratulations guys ! We did it ! our complains did not go for nothing ! this game will officially get omni SDK support ! I guess all omni users got me to thanks :wink:
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
  • yomeryomer Posts: 13
    @admin Please look into adding native support to Xing: The land beyond and Obduction. I'm more interested in Xing, as it seems like a great exploration/puzzle game.
  • VespamanVespaman Posts: 15
    well...i guess now we know... they officially will support it natively...awesome
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    Vespaman said:

    well...i guess now we know... they officially will support it natively...awesome

    Doesn't appear to be an actual ETA but I've been wanting this game so badly and this is what I've been waiting for.
  • yomeryomer Posts: 13
    Which version is going to support the Omni. The Steam OpenVR version, or Oculu's Home version, or both?
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    Any news on when this is happening? I've been out of the VR stuff for a few weeks due to getting surgery but I haven't seen anything in the updates on the game saying it's now supported.
  • adminadmin Posts: 169
    Hi @DanteM, still in development, to be released soon.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    Yo it's been MONTHS what's the status of this? Does Arizona Sunshine support the Omni yet or is this something that was abandoned? Karnage Chronicles has their Omni support almost fully working and it took just 2-3 weeks to get it there. >.>
  • escknxescknx Posts: 9
    +1 here, any news?
  • VeraxusVeraxus Posts: 38
    April 26 status: soon
    It's now September 29: No news.

    Given that I haven't found any way to hack Touch thumbstick emulation support into other games, I suppose it's time to finally sell my Omni. It's just taking up a ton of space right now. Maybe I'll wait to see if Fallout and Skyrim VR support full locomotion and allow a simultaneous secondary input. That alone would be enough to get me to keep the Omni.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    edited September 30
    Veraxus said:

    April 26 status: soon
    It's now September 29: No news.

    Given that I haven't found any way to hack Touch thumbstick emulation support into other games, I suppose it's time to finally sell my Omni. It's just taking up a ton of space right now. Maybe I'll wait to see if Fallout and Skyrim VR support full locomotion and allow a simultaneous secondary input. That alone would be enough to get me to keep the Omni.

    You mean DOOM and Fallout VR, Skyrim VR is PS4 only sadly last I read... I put my Omni up for sell but they are oddly hard to sell people don’t want to pay more than $1000 for them yet buying them new is over $6000 currently >.>

    Arizona Sunshine likely won’t have Omni support till mid next year from what I’ve been hearing due to it being pushed WAYYYY back on the back burner to the point of them not even working on it yet haha.
  • JoeJoe Posts: 135
    What is the current control method for Arizona sunshine? Is it the analog controllers on the Occulus touch? I may try to take on that emulation problem at some point if that's going to get us some good games
  • EVOLEVOL Posts: 36
    edited October 1
    Yes, Arizona sunshine has full locomotion with Oculus thumbstick and Vive Trackpad.

    Vive trackpad and Oculus thumbstick emulation is exactly what we need. I don't understand why Virtuix doesn't tackle this because it would open up way more games. Developers are way more willing to add in full locomotion than Omni support. I have done some research on using FreePIE to emulate Vive wands and it is possible. However getting the actual wands to work at the same time is beyond my abilities. Here is a one video of the wands being emulated with an Xbox controller. Also videos of PSMove controllers being used can be found.
  • MAYAmanMAYAman Posts: 55
    edited October 10
    admin said:

    Be aware that most VR game developers right now, including toppers like Survios (Raw Data) and Vertigo (Arizona Sunshine), make the majority of their revenues from the commercial entertainment market, not the consumer VR market. The Omni happens to be a great fit for commercial entertainment and will be in many VR arcades and gaming centers later this year, especially in China. This is the reason why game developers are starting to implement our SDK - to monetize their games via the Omni in commercial entertainment locations. In turn, those awesome games will likely be available to consumers as well.

    Correction, only in China. lol
    Several VR arcades in the US don't use the OMNI because its too expensive including the new "Holodeck" VR cafe which if you go by the name should be a perfect fit for the Omni. Nope, not even room scale, just standing in place. I've been an ardent VR backer for almost 30 years, have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on VR and supported all the devs and manufacturers. But at this point I'm ready to give up. This entire business is not viable. I'm almost to the point that I'm too old for VR and many of us original adopters from the 80s are dying off. And yet still, here we are with the same damn arguments and mistakes made in the 80s and 90s. VR can't get out of its own way because no one from the developers, to manufactures communicate really on how to advance VR. Everyone want to be THE ONE to rule the VR landscape. LOL being the king of a wasteland isn't the same as being the king of a thriving land. If VR continues on this path its going to be a wasteland and in another 30 years you guys will be the old bastards complaining about how they "messed up AGAIN!" smh

    Secondly, mentioning China over and over doesn't ease the frustration of us here in the US. You basically have a company because you fooled the US and European markets with videos of people playing GTA, Battlefield, Fallout, etc. Oh how grand that would be. All these dreamers made your kick starter amazing. What was their reward? HAHA we fooled you, we just needed your money, now enjoy no games, no support, and promises that will never be kept. Not a good way to build equity with the people who believed in you and who will in the end make or break you.
  • samisami Posts: 65
    MAYAman said:

    admin said:

    Be aware that most VR game developers right now, including toppers like Survios (Raw Data) and Vertigo (Arizona Sunshine), make the majority of their revenues from the commercial entertainment market, not the consumer VR market. The Omni happens to be a great fit for commercial entertainment and will be in many VR arcades and gaming centers later this year, especially in China. This is the reason why game developers are starting to implement our SDK - to monetize their games via the Omni in commercial entertainment locations. In turn, those awesome games will likely be available to consumers as well.

    Correction, only in China. lol
    Several VR arcades in the US don't use the OMNI because its too expensive including the new "Holodeck" VR cafe which if you go by the name should be a perfect fit for the Omni. Nope, not even room scale, just standing in place. I've been an ardent VR backer for almost 30 years, have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on VR and supported all the devs and manufacturers. But at this point I'm ready to give up. This entire business is not viable. I'm almost to the point that I'm too old for VR and many of us original adopters from the 80s are dying off. And yet still, here we are with the same damn arguments and mistakes made in the 80s and 90s. VR can't get out of its own way because no one from the developers, to manufactures communicate really on how to advance VR. Everyone want to be THE ONE to rule the VR landscape. LOL being the king of a wasteland isn't the same as being the king of a thriving land. If VR continues on this path its going to be a wasteland and in another 30 years you guys will be the old bastards complaining about how they "messed up AGAIN!" smh

    Secondly, mentioning China over and over doesn't ease the frustration of us here in the US. You basically have a company because you fooled the US and European markets with videos of people playing GTA, Battlefield, Fallout, etc. Oh how grand that would be. All these dreamers made your kick starter amazing. What was their reward? HAHA we fooled you, we just needed your money, now enjoy no games, no support, and promises that will never be kept. Not a good way to build equity with the people who believed in you and who will in the end make or break you.
    well said my friend , am too old myself , I have given up last week , cannot handle this frustration anymore , to the extend that I sold my Omni , let other people deal with this frustration . never backing up a VR thing anymore , let along , not going to back any project on kickstarter anymore. It is just sad when you see your dreams happening then it all get trashed away because of money and greed.
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 212
    sami said:



    well said my friend , am too old myself , I have given up last week , cannot handle this frustration anymore , to the extend that I sold my Omni , let other people deal with this frustration . never backing up a VR thing anymore , let along , not going to back any project on kickstarter anymore. It is just sad when you see your dreams happening then it all get trashed away because of money and greed.

    Where did you sell your Omni at? I’ve been having trouble trying to sell mine. What kind of price did you place it up for?
  • MAYAmanMAYAman Posts: 55
    DanteM said:

    sami said:



    well said my friend , am too old myself , I have given up last week , cannot handle this frustration anymore , to the extend that I sold my Omni , let other people deal with this frustration . never backing up a VR thing anymore , let along , not going to back any project on kickstarter anymore. It is just sad when you see your dreams happening then it all get trashed away because of money and greed.

    Where did you sell your Omni at? I’ve been having trouble trying to sell mine. What kind of price did you place it up for?
    Probably Ebay, there is always an Omni on Ebay for the last 3 months or more. I've seen ridiculous crap like 10k, 5k, but most sell for around 1.5k or less. I paid 1.2k. I know I'm taking a chance but in the end I will use it to "fake" walk in titles on PSVR and in PC using a nunchuck. Its still better than walking in place which I'm doing now and end up crashing into crap in my game room.

    Also, I'm a bit of tinkerer and can assure you I'll find out a way to mod this thing to do what I want it to do. Check out the advanced racing simulator I built from scratch. :)
  • samisami Posts: 65
    DanteM said:

    sami said:



    well said my friend , am too old myself , I have given up last week , cannot handle this frustration anymore , to the extend that I sold my Omni , let other people deal with this frustration . never backing up a VR thing anymore , let along , not going to back any project on kickstarter anymore. It is just sad when you see your dreams happening then it all get trashed away because of money and greed.

    Where did you sell your Omni at? I’ve been having trouble trying to sell mine. What kind of price did you place it up for?
    Hey Dante , talk to me on steam and ill tell you everything there , not interested in sharing information in a dead fourms.
    MAYAman said:

    DanteM said:

    sami said:



    well said my friend , am too old myself , I have given up last week , cannot handle this frustration anymore , to the extend that I sold my Omni , let other people deal with this frustration . never backing up a VR thing anymore , let along , not going to back any project on kickstarter anymore. It is just sad when you see your dreams happening then it all get trashed away because of money and greed.

    Where did you sell your Omni at? I’ve been having trouble trying to sell mine. What kind of price did you place it up for?
    Probably Ebay, there is always an Omni on Ebay for the last 3 months or more. I've seen ridiculous crap like 10k, 5k, but most sell for around 1.5k or less. I paid 1.2k. I know I'm taking a chance but in the end I will use it to "fake" walk in titles on PSVR and in PC using a nunchuck. Its still better than walking in place which I'm doing now and end up crashing into crap in my game room.

    Also, I'm a bit of tinkerer and can assure you I'll find out a way to mod this thing to do what I want it to do. Check out the advanced racing simulator I built from scratch. :)
    good job on the sim , looks impressive , but no , I have not sold it on Ebay , Plus I do not live in the united states.
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
2
Sign In or Register to comment.