Omni on craigslist.

https://orlando.craigslist.org/vgm/5997463273.html not sure if this is OK ,if it's not Moderator please remove. This guy is in a bad way and has to make hard choices regretfully the omni has to go ,thought if anyone buys it it should be someone off of here

Comments

• JoeJoe Posts: 46
    Id imagine he could get twice that for it, if not three times it. If theyre not selling to consumers, Im guessing going price on an Omni is going to go to four or five grand (for commercial ones) That puts it in a special bracket of what people will have to pay to get one, simply because itll be the ONLY way to get one
  • Well I hope someone takes him up on it..I offered him 550 that's all I could swing.
  • XainXain Posts: 99
    The warranty will not be honored by Virtuix. Also I hope you're driving there to pay and pick it up as the images he posted of it are literally taken from the website and not actually pictures of his omni. Sounds fake.
  • Lol I'm not buying it ,,I've spoken to him though . He said it's still in the box. HE had to make a hard choice about it some times family comes first.
  • MarkVMarkV Posts: 20
    Another one for sale on Craigslist in Winchester, KY. The guys who delivered mine had mentioned they had delivered one in the Lexington area a few days before mine.
  • I could probably swing it personally, and it's close enough. Wonder if it'd be worth it.
  • Nossforra2Nossforra2 Posts: 84
    edited February 22
    Yes,as long as you enjoy legacy games
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 171
    Xain said:

The warranty will not be honored by Virtuix. Also I hope you're driving there to pay and pick it up as the images he posted of it are literally taken from the website and not actually pictures of his omni. Sounds fake.

see you say that ... but it will likely be honored as they would have no idea that it was owned by person A and sold to person B as long as the seller doesn't post or leak anything related to his identity or about his backer # or omni HWID/mac address etc. Virtuix would just view it as another Omni that needs a new BLANK repaired. I wouldn't sell mine but I am tempted to buy a 2nd one but not for 1k that's overpriced by about $500 lol. I mean it's primarily going to be for "legacy" games as there aren't going to be more than what MAYBE 20 games for it total... I don't foresee many games including the SDK, as more dev's target consumers not arcades when they design games. Very few target arcades as the money is in the masses. I firmly stand by my "you shot yourself in the nuts" motto by the decision to stop selling to consumers :/ REALLY hope that decision is reversed otherwise we just won't have many games with the SDK built into it.
  • XainXain Posts: 99
    @DanteM Who knows? They could tie it to said email and if you don't have access to said email.. *shrug* Eitherway I agree with you in the fact that they have effectively placed a shiny new double barrelled shotgun to their family jewels and pulled the trigger. Moreso in their high and mighty stance of, 'The Omni needs its SDK.' Its a glorified controller to a niche market moreover you are telling me that they havent the man power/time or whatever **** excuse they are throwing to properly getting their emulation software to emulate jumping, crouching and running? You have to be kidding me, a single developer wrapped the Vive to emulate a rift and you are telling me the Virtuix team can't/won't emulate a controller? Im actually livid but I've resolved to get off my lazy ass and learn to program what features Virtuix won't.
  • DanteMDanteM Posts: 171
    Xain said:

@DanteM Who knows? They could tie it to said email and if you don't have access to said email.. *shrug* Eitherway I agree with you in the fact that they have effectively placed a shiny new double barrelled shotgun to their family jewels and pulled the trigger. Moreso in their high and mighty stance of, 'The Omni needs its SDK.' Its a glorified controller to a niche market moreover you are telling me that they havent the man power/time or whatever **** excuse they are throwing to properly getting their emulation software to emulate jumping, crouching and running? You have to be kidding me, a single developer wrapped the Vive to emulate a rift and you are telling me the Virtuix team can't/won't emulate a controller? Im actually livid but I've resolved to get off my lazy ass and learn to program what features Virtuix won't.

The email thing poses an issue as emails get hacked and shutdown over time due to violations and can't be used as a validate form of ID they would have to have another way or they would find themselves getting lawsuits for not upholding maintenance warranties on products they can't prove have violated warranty terms. Which aren't easy to win as it stands.

haha RIGHT!!! and furthermore WHAT self respecting programmer relies on 3rd party programs to make their own code work? that's like supplying a printer that doesn't have it's own drivers and you have to buy another set of drivers just to make it work. No self respecting programmer does that, you can find the code VorpX uses to do these functions in open source forums too and just incorporate that into your software if you really wanted to >.> or if you are afraid of a intellectual property suit then you just mimic it without fully copying it. I've never had anything I've every programmer reply on other programs to pick up the slack on it. For a programmer that is just embarrassing.. it's the programming version of erectile dysfunction ... LOL