VRZ Torment

VRZ Torment is one of the few games I know of that has native Omni SDK integration, so no special configuration or animal sacrifices are necessary... unfortunately, some of the design decisions are not Omni-compatible.

For instance, the first items your encounter in the game are either lying on the ground or inside a crate that is also on the ground. Obviously, if you are using the Omni you are strapped upright into a magnificent achievement of VR technology, so bending over and literally plucking an item off the ground is a no-go. Nevertheless, the game does NOT include a point-and-pickup mechanic... so all you can do is look at those weapons on the ground and... do nothing with them because they are physically out of your reach.

And don't get me started on the jittery rendering bugs. This one is a bomb.

Comments

• adminadmin Posts: 164
    Hi Veraxus, great feedback. We will send this to the developer right away.
    Hi Veraxus, I just spoke with the developer. He posted an update to Steam.
    Best regards,
    Jan
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 142
    just saw the update:

V2.7.8 ( Virtuix and fixes )
    FEBRUARY 19 - STORMBRINGERSTUDIOS
    1. When Virtuix Omni locomotion is active pickup/interaction of objects is possible from distance now.
    2. Lab access not saved/loaded - fixed.
    3. Church Quest - Enemies to not enter while quest is active.
    4. Church Quest - Date change will not happen while quest is active.
    5. Church Quest - Grass will not show on low setting after completing quest.
    6. Barn #1 - Enemies will not be warned when lock is broken.
    7. Updated Enemy materials.
    8. Hit Blood VFX not played after some time - fixed.
    9. Crowbar pickup crash fixed.
    10. Destroyed canister prevent save bug fixed.
    11. Adjusted holster height for sitting and standing.
    12. Changed balance for barn quests.
  • VeraxusVeraxus Posts: 34
    They responded to a rather terse review I left on Steam as well. Good to see they're maintaining support! I'll give it another go later today.
    Yes, the developers are very responsive. Please send any feedback you have!
  • Hi All,

We also added WIP Arcade mode support in V.2.7.9 Which imho is more suitable for VR Cafes. We got a really good feedback last month from players and game changed a lot and become more balanced.
    So just keep feedback coming we will listen and implement/refine in really fast manner. Our goal is to deliver one of the best VR experiences.
  • I'll check it out!
  • hafnerhafner Posts: 5
    Haha... this game is great. Still has a lot of bugs but i see the potential. Thanks for Omni support!
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 142

Hi All,

We also added WIP Arcade mode support in V.2.7.9 Which imho is more suitable for VR Cafes. We got a really good feedback last month from players and game changed a lot and become more balanced.
    So just keep feedback coming we will listen and implement/refine in really fast manner. Our goal is to deliver one of the best VR experiences.

what does arcade mode do?

• AbnormaliaAbnormalia Posts: 19
    RABID said:

Hi All,

what does arcade mode do?

No story and quests. Virtually unlimited ammo and weapons and you need to survive as long as you can.

• DanteMDanteM Posts: 202
    Fricken Steam needs to add an OMNI Support label to the VR Support so we know what games have native support on steam :P haha Added this to my game library today ^.^
    !Minor spoilers!

This is sneak pick to upcoming 2.8 update.

Most Sounds and/or assets are not final and are just placeholders.

p.s.
    In 2.9 and future updates we will add minigames to lab so you can craft syringes and make experiments/researches while in safehouse.
    2.8 update is out on Steam !
    Cool, thanks @Abnormalia !
    edited April 3
    admin said:

Cool, thanks @Abnormalia !

anyone ever have issues with VRZ Torment or other omni games like TRAVR Shadow Ops where decoupled mode stops working and seems to function as coupled mode always following the headset, how to fix it?

UPDATE:
    still can't get VRZ Torment to work decoupled so I assume it doesn't support it? which if that is the case please update so it does as that really is a must for best experience with the omni.

Got TRAVR shadow ops to finally work. I had to drop it to soft coupled mode then decoupled for it to recognize the setting it was odd.
    Maybe I have something wrong and need to reinstall the game but these were my findings tonight with about an hour and 30 mins of play.
    I've tweaked and adjusted every setting I can with VRZ Torment that I can find. It doesn't seem to actually fully support the Omni properly yet. I set the game to VIrtuix mode for these.

Movement ratio doesn't match 1 for 1 or even close like in TRAVR or Omni Arena. It's like 1 step for every 4 steps.
    -- I cranked the sensitivity way up from 1.5 over to 5 and it didn't seem to change anything, even after restarting the Omni and the game with the new setting. The game movement feels sluggish and unresponsive at times with the Omni.
    -- Is there no decoupled mode?! No matter what I do it always runs the direction I'm facing. Having "Full Omni Support" it should support decoupled so we can look left while running straight or over our should and such.
    The Dev's for this game are solid!!

I tested last night and found that the movement was really skewed to where it would move 1 step in game for every 4 steps on the omni, and that decoupled mode didn't work on the omni properly. The dev's responded within 30mins to me and started "StormBringerStudios [developer] ok will release update asap with Decoupled and other issues addressed," I think personally we have a solid gem here guys and that they will produce this game into something awesome as long as the users keep giving helpful constructive feedback.

(Hoping it's fixed prior to this weekend I'd love to live stream this and slap up some youtube videos of it soon)
    Update is on way ! We made few changes with locomotion modes to make them unified. So those caused few bugs. Will be fixed asap ! :)
    Awesome, thanks @Abnormalia ! @DanteM, note that the speed sensitivity setting does not impact native Omni games (only legacy games using Keyboard mode). Our next version of Omni Connect will change the wording around this setting to avoid confusion. Also, when playing native Omni games, be sure to set your Omni to Gamepad mode (not Keyboard mode) for analog speed recognition.
    Best regards,
    Jan
    Update 2.8.2 is live. It should be ok now.

Update 2.8.2 is live. It should be ok now.

Perfect I'll test it tomorrow after work, I'm about to head to bed but I'll be sure to give you as much feedback as I can ^.^ thank you for all your hard work.
  • 30% off on steam
    edited April 8
    Hello @Abnormalia (dev), I just wanted to let you know I tested the game on the OMNI today and it is easily 10 times better than before the fix. SO MUCH fun and it made the game fricken terrifing well done!!

1 complaint though I noticed is that you can't run while in the omni, only walk. Is there a trick to moving faster? It doesn't seem to go any faster regardless of walk or running while on the omni.

(with all this testing It's a shame I didn't get a free key or anything HAHA :P)

Game Village II PLACE Winners

Storm Bringer Studios with the VRZ : Torment!
    They got a Special Prize Sponsored by Amazon.com
    DanteM said:

Hello @Abnormalia (dev), I just wanted to let you know I tested the game on the OMNI today and it is easily 10 times better than before the fix. SO MUCH fun and it made the game fricken terrifing well done!!

1 complaint though I noticed is that you can't run while in the omni, only walk. Is there a trick to moving faster? It doesn't seem to go any faster regardless of walk or running while on the omni.

(with all this testing It's a shame I didn't get a free key or anything HAHA :P)

Thanks for feedback. Keys are on the way :)
    Episode 1 is finished!
    Few in game screens:

Awesome screenshots, thanks @Abnormalia. We'll include these in our newsletter on Monday. We'll give this new version a try today/tomorrow!
    edited April 28
    Update 2.8.6 is live with new shooting range level along with other changes:
    So there are 3 games in 1 (Story, Arcade and Shooting range).
    More minigames will be added soon !

Update 2.8.8

1. Duck hunt minigame added.
    2. two achievements added.
    3. Main menu fix.
    4. Shooter range fixes.
    5. Arcade mode fixes.
  • bugmagebugmage Posts: 11
    Hi Everyone,
    I just got my omni setup yesterday and I'm looking to play this game but for some reason on the touch controllers when I fire it resets my view. So if I go to the range aim at a target and fire the camera jumps to the side or backwards and I miss?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!