VRZ Torment

VRZ Torment is one of the few games I know of that has native Omni SDK integration, so no special configuration or animal sacrifices are necessary... unfortunately, some of the design decisions are not Omni-compatible.

For instance, the first items your encounter in the game are either lying on the ground or inside a crate that is also on the ground. Obviously, if you are using the Omni you are strapped upright into a magnificent achievement of VR technology, so bending over and literally plucking an item off the ground is a no-go. Nevertheless, the game does NOT include a point-and-pickup mechanic... so all you can do is look at those weapons on the ground and... do nothing with them because they are physically out of your reach.

And don't get me started on the jittery rendering bugs. This one is a bomb.

Comments

• adminadmin Posts: 132
    Hi Veraxus, great feedback. We will send this to the developer right away.
    Hi Veraxus, I just spoke with the developer. He posted an update to Steam.
    Best regards,
    Jan
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 104
    just saw the update:

V2.7.8 ( Virtuix and fixes )
    FEBRUARY 19 - STORMBRINGERSTUDIOS
    1. When Virtuix Omni locomotion is active pickup/interaction of objects is possible from distance now.
    2. Lab access not saved/loaded - fixed.
    3. Church Quest - Enemies to not enter while quest is active.
    4. Church Quest - Date change will not happen while quest is active.
    5. Church Quest - Grass will not show on low setting after completing quest.
    6. Barn #1 - Enemies will not be warned when lock is broken.
    7. Updated Enemy materials.
    8. Hit Blood VFX not played after some time - fixed.
    9. Crowbar pickup crash fixed.
    10. Destroyed canister prevent save bug fixed.
    11. Adjusted holster height for sitting and standing.
    12. Changed balance for barn quests.
  • VeraxusVeraxus Posts: 30
    They responded to a rather terse review I left on Steam as well. Good to see they're maintaining support! I'll give it another go later today.
    Yes, the developers are very responsive. Please send any feedback you have!
  • Hi All,

We also added WIP Arcade mode support in V.2.7.9 Which imho is more suitable for VR Cafes. We got a really good feedback last month from players and game changed a lot and become more balanced.
    So just keep feedback coming we will listen and implement/refine in really fast manner. Our goal is to deliver one of the best VR experiences.
  • I'll check it out!
  • hafnerhafner Posts: 5
    Haha... this game is great. Still has a lot of bugs but i see the potential. Thanks for Omni support!
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 104

Hi All,

We also added WIP Arcade mode support in V.2.7.9 Which imho is more suitable for VR Cafes. We got a really good feedback last month from players and game changed a lot and become more balanced.
    So just keep feedback coming we will listen and implement/refine in really fast manner. Our goal is to deliver one of the best VR experiences.

what does arcade mode do?

• AbnormaliaAbnormalia Posts: 3
    RABID said:

Hi All,

what does arcade mode do?

No story and quests. Virtually unlimited ammo and weapons and you need to survive as long as you can.

• DanteMDanteM Posts: 155
    Fricken Steam needs to add an OMNI Support label to the VR Support so we know what games have native support on steam :P haha Added this to my game library today ^.^
  • AbnormaliaAbnormalia Posts: 3
    !Minor spoilers!

This is sneak pick to upcoming 2.8 update.

Most Sounds and/or assets are not final and are just placeholders.

p.s.
    In 2.9 and future updates we will add minigames to lab so you can craft syringes and make experiments/researches while in safehouse.