Omni Reading data failed.

Following the steps in the PDF. I am unable to get the omni to work in the sample scene while in gamepad mode. I get the error Omni reading data failed error.

I know the omni is working because i can enter Developer mode in the omni connected and switch to KB mode on the omni connect and it works.

Any thoughts is appreciated.

Worknig with Omni / Rift CV1

Comments

• Hey @netwired,

Are you using the "OmniControllerViveSetup" or the "OmniControllerOculusSetup" player controller prefab? If you are using the Rift, make sure you are using the "OmniControllerOculusSetup?
    Check the Omni Controller script on the prefab and make sure that there are not any missing references.
    Are the PODs plugged into the shoes?
    Check Omni Connect and make sure that everything is connected properly.
    In Omni Connect, go to the advanced tab and click on "Streaming". Is it reading the data properly?
  • Also, which version of the SDK are you using?
    And is this in Unity or UE4?
  • Im using the OmniControllerBaseSetup. Per the documentation, suppose to use it for the rift. and using the Unity integration.
  • I don't get any reference errors when loading the scene. I am tracking properly because i can see steps and such recording and it works properly in TraVR
  • Which version of Unity are you using?
    Can you upload a screenshot of the "OmniController" component on the "OmniControllerBaseSetup"?
  • netwirednetwired Posts: 9

• That all looks correct.

In Omni Connect, go to the advanced tab and click on "Streaming". Is it reading the data properly? (The keyboard mode is separate from the HID, so it is possible that the HID is not working even though the keyboard is.)
    Nothing in the streaming section is giving any feedback when in gamepad mode. The steps indicator is incrementing when walk though.
  • Do you see any errors in Omni Connect? If so, please provide the exact text.
    Omni Connect Version? (click main logo -> Help -> About -> “UI Version”)
    Omni Firmware version? (click main logo -> Advanced -> Omni -> “Firmware”)
    Omni Radio Firmware version? (click main logo -> Advanced -> Omni -> “Radio Firmware”)
    Pod Radio Firmware version? (click main logo -> Advanced -> Pod 1 & Pod 2 -> “Firmware”)
    Are the pods on the wireless? (wireless signal strength symbol vs USB symbol)
    Is the HID showing normally in Device Manager? (Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices; It will be a device with a VID of 0x29EB)
  • sutekiBsutekiB Posts: 1,045
    Hey @netwired in addition to Cameron's above questions, do you have the Ring cable plugged in? Omni Connect will receive step data even if that's not the case.
    Community Manager at Virtuix
    Omni Connect Version? 1.0.1.0
    Omni Firmware version? 00.17
    Omni Radio Firmware version? 00.16
    Pod Radio Firmware version? Pod 1 & 2 - 00.13
    Are the pods on the wireless? Wireless Signal = 3 bars
    Is the HID showing normally in Device Manager? Omni shows in its own section (Omni Virtual) with HW ID Vid_29EB&Pid_00BB

Yes Ring cable is plugged in.

Side Note: Just now when checking the above items. The streaming section was showing data. Tested spinning the ring and it was properly represented on the UI. After a couple seconds everything stopped and no longer streaming data... Tested swapping USB ports and it appears to be working now.

I will continue to monitor, but it looks like it was a USB problem on my PC. Thank you all for your time.