Where are the Omni Arcades

I have a few questions actually, Ill list them off as numbers and in turn I'd like them answered with the cooresponding number next to them. In these questions I am asking please EXCLUDE China, I already know VR is booming there. Im really only interested in the US but might as well see how everyone else is fairing.

1. Which countries have Omni's in their arcades?
2. How many arcades are there that have Omni's in them? (per country if possible, like 20 in USA, 10 in EU)
3. Where are the locations of these Omni Arcades?
4. Which games are they running?

Im asking these questions because we have been told that Arcades are the main source of income for vr programmers among other things but I honestly do not know of any arcade in the US that have Omni's. Maybe its everywhere else this is a thing or is it only China?

Best Answer

Answers

• XainXain Posts: 122
    Red rover red rover call @admin right over!

No, but seriously.. Can i get an answer to the above questions? Constantly I hear stuff like, 'Consumer sales of games is barely anything to Devs and that it's all about the arcades. This true in China sure but is it true in the US? Also do you guys announce on Twitter when you are gonna show up and bring Omnis to cons? If so I guess I need to actually make a Twitter account and follow you guys as it seems that announcements aren't made for that kind of thing on the forums or main Virtuix site :/
  • CheezWizCheezWiz Posts: 74
    --------------------------------------
    Cheez\/\/iz
    Omni Backer #40!
    Rift Backer #2,770 (That was a good one!)
    Middle Tennessee
    --------------------------------------
    @CheezWiz Well thanks, this means that US acades that have Omni's exist but why can I not get any information on this? This is something I would expect Virtuix to literally be promoting, hell Ill promote it if they just let me know it exists. Im kind of tired of hearing about the Omni being an arcade thing but not seeing any proof outside of China. Again if @Admin or even @sutekiB could answer my above questions, I'd really like to find an arcade near me or anything ~_~
  • samisami Posts: 61
    Am pretty sure am the only person who owns an omni in entire Europe as of right now. And no , no VR arcades with Omni in europe.
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
  • NobleBrutusNobleBrutus Posts: 139
    I've got one in Scotland ;) And I know there is at least one in England.

The postage must be crazy big, but for commercial use it might be viable.
  • samisami Posts: 61
    @NobleBrutus , I paid around 1500$ , for personal use , not gonna use it commercially.

scotland and england , you guys decided to exit us :pensive: , there for , I stay correct :P
    Intel 6950X @ 4.4Ghz
    64GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
    2xTitan X Pascals @ 2025Mhz
    Custom open loop EK watercooling.
    Samsung M.2 960 PRO 1TB
    acer 34" 2560x1080 monitor @ 200hz Referesh Rate.
    HD800 Headset with HDVD800 AMP.
    Well then i suppose since I'll never get an official answer on this Ill have to assume that Omni Arcades outside of China do not exist and Virtuix is just pulling a Trump. Saying things we want to hear that make us feel good but no truth behind it. It doesn't matter, I already know what I want to use my Omni for and will mod said games myself if need be.
    @sami Scotland voted 62% in favour of remaining in the EU... the only Union I think we will leave is the UK. Give it 12 months ;)

Politics aside, both Omni's I know of are personal use as well. You are clearly dedicated to have paid that much! I hope we get support in a big title like Fallout VR to make it worthwhile.

@Xain Two examples were found for you in the US. I agree it's likely mostly China, though I think there is a good chance of VR arcades catching on elsewhere. Virtuix probably has lots of interest but not many hard sales outside of China so far - we have to remember they're still fufilling a backlog of orders.
    @NobleBrutus Yes but what is infuriating is we are basically told that they won't improve their Omni emulation software and instead point at devs to implement their sdk stating that most VR devs get their revenue from the commercial market and not the consumer market. Which honestly sounds like complete and utter rubbish especially when I cannot get a clear definite response on the questions I asked above. All I want is better emulation software or proof to their claims of VR supposedly getting their number one income source from VR arcades that don't seem to exist.

In all Virtuix needs to hire someone dedicated 100% of the time to inform us of all the great and inspiring things they are doing and showing proof. Like showing videos of them meeting and talking to devs about implementation or listing off arcades that will be opening up and their locations (not china).
    @Xain I agree with most of what you're saying. I believe that there are genuine problems re extending the emulation software however. I for one am also interested in how they're doing in China but agree that specific news about new Omni-fitted arcades would be great.
    Makes sense to me, question answered as well as it can be.